We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Sharing Accommodation/Hotel for 2014 Festival?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 qpdoll

qpdoll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:42 AM

Hi Rachel. I still have a booking at the Comfort Inn near the Walk of Fame, but I will be canceling it shortly. I was able to book a **** closer to the festival through airbnb site. Not sure how to send you a private message with the details through this board so if you know how to do it feel free to message me. It saves me approx $400 difference from the hotel booking. This is my first festival so would appreciate the company in the apartment.

#2 redrakel

redrakel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

Where are you staying?

#3 redrakel

redrakel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

I am planning to attend but will be solo and am interested in sharing hotel/apartment to help with cost and stay closer to the venues. Looking for other solo female preferably.

#4 qpdoll

qpdoll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

Thanks so much, I was able to book a hotel but I will definitely look into apartment sharing!

#5 jlundenberger

jlundenberger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

I don't need to share accommodations but I wanted to mention that I met a woman at the 2012 Festival who was staying with someone in their apartment nearby. She had found this place through an online service that connects people with homes to share with people looking for places to stay. She was very happy with the situation in terms of comfort, cost, and convenience. I don't remember the name of the site she used but I just did a search for "apartment sharing for travelers" and there seem to be quite a few websites offering that service. Don't know if this is any help. Enjoy the festival!

#6 qpdoll

qpdoll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

I am planning to attend the festival for the first time this year and was wondering if any of the regular festival goers are willing to share accommodations near the festival to save $?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users