We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Remembering the Name of a classic film?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MizzDemeanor

MizzDemeanor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLost in the Supermarket

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:48 AM

The poster says the film is in black and white so I don't think it can be How to Marry A Millionaire. 

You gotta give the people something good to read on a Sunday. FMLN

#2 elee

elee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:43 AM

I think it is:  How to Marry a Millionaire with Lauren Bacall, Marilyn Monroe and Betty Grable.  The Lauren Bacall character is dating a guy (Cameron Mitchell) that she believes is poor while also dating a  rich man (William Powell).  She doesn't learn until the end of the film that the Cameron Mitchell character is rich.

#3 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

I don't know this, but I'm sure somebody on these boards will. Questions like these are generally posted in the "Information Please" forum, where everyone will see it.

#4 josemedeiros007

josemedeiros007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

*Would any one on the forum happen to know the name of a older black and white film where a man poses as a poor man to try and meet a women that will love him for who he is rather then for all his money, he falls in love, and wants to desperately tell the woman he is dating and asks her to marry him, but she feels he can't provide for her if they have children together, but is torn for the love she has for him?*

*I can't remember who starred in it, but I don't think it was Marilyn Monroe.*

*Jose F. Medeiros 408-256-0649*
*http://www.linkedin.com/in/josemedeiros*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users