We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Evening @ the Barn event - prior to the Festival

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

I'm deadheading to the festival solo this year so let me know when and where and I'll see you there.

#2 lzcutter

lzcutter

Riding Point

• Moderators
  • 12,320 posts
  • LocationCity of the Angels- San Fernando Valley division

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

qpdoll,

Would love to join you but unfortunately, I made dinner plans with a dear friend who is making his first Festival appearance. I haven't seen him in a few years and am looking forward to it.

The good news is that the "the Barn" is not very far from the Roosevelt or your hotel, depending on where you are staying.

The Barn is located on North Highland Avenue across from the Hollywood Bowl.

It is home to Hollywood Heritage and their Museum-if you go by taxi, it shouldn't cost too much!

ps- the cab driver may be more familiar with the Barn's real name: Hollywood Heritage Museum.
"Movies touch our hearts and awaken our vision, and change the way we see things. They take us to other places, they open doors and minds. Movies are the memories of our life times, we need to keep them alive,"- Marty Scorsese

#3 qpdoll

qpdoll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

I'm coming in from out of town on the 9th and was wondering if anyone would like to go as a group to the Hollywood Heritage event the night before the Festival? I will have to find where "the Barn" is in relation to where I am staying, but if there are takers we could meet at the Hollywood Roosevelt and share a cab there and back. Thoughts?

Evening @ the Barn: The Search for Scarlett
Hollywood Heritage will celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the immortal film "Gone With The Wind" at our next Evening @ the Barn on Wednesday, April 9th at 7:30PM.

Steve Wilson, Curator of Film, Harry Ransom Center, the University of Texas at Austin will discuss the casting process for the film in a presentation entitled "The Search for Scarlett". Accompanying the talk, he will be showing rarely seen film clips from the Harry Ransom Center's Selznick Collection of the Scarlett O'Hara screen tests themselves.

Actress Marsha Hunt, who was considered for the role of Melanie, will also be on hand to share memories of testing for that coveted part. In addition, Daniel Selznick, son of the film's Producer, David O. Selznick, will give us some insight into the film's legacy.

The museum is planning to display some unique memorabilia related to the film in its main gallery. This is a must-attend event for the many fans of this beloved classic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users