We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

SPORTS

• Please log in to reply
2190 replies to this topic

#1 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,612 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

Although a Mets' fan, I still felt sorry for the Nats, coming so close

and ending up a run short. I hope the Dodgers beat the Cubs

like a drum. One small correction--the runner was picked off

first in the bottom of the eighth, not the ninth. Now we'll never

know if the Nats might have scored with two outs in that inning.

• film lover 293 likes this

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#2 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,468 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:47 AM

NWY71e2Q_bigger.jpg

.https://twitter.com/...src=twsrc^tfw's Week 7 Top 10:
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Georgia
4. Penn State
5. TCU
6. Washington
7. Wisconsin
8. Ohio State
9. Wazzu
10. Auburn https://t.co/Fm08qgl12j

— FOX College Football (@CFBONFOX) https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw

And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. 2 Samuel 11:2

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#3 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,468 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:29 AM

NWY71e2Q_bigger.jpg

FOX College FootballVerified account @CFBONFOX Oct 10

Looking sunny up in Washingtonpic.twitter.com/sXxWYQcaIpDLyv0cJVoAAXNo0.jpg

And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. 2 Samuel 11:2

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#4 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,468 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

urGfkcMy_bigger.png CBS Sports CFBVerified account @CBSSportsCFB Oct 11

John Wayne

#5 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,468 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:24 AM

urGfkcMy_bigger.png CBS Sports CFBVerified account @CBSSportsCFB Oct 11

John Wayne

#6 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,468 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

urGfkcMy_bigger.png

CBS Sports CFBVerified account @CBSSportsCFB 20h20 hours ago

Michigan, TCU, Oklahoma on upset alert in Week 7 http://cbsprt.co/2z2Oj1m DL8-H9yVwAA0Lmm.jpg

John Wayne

#7 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,468 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:14 AM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 8h8 hours ago

Hookstead’s College Football Game Of The Week: Oklahoma Vs. Texas https://trib.al/NNyp9uf DL_qEUNV4AIR6Gy.jpg

John Wayne

#8 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,468 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:13 AM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 7h7 hours ago

Five Gambling Picks For Week Seven Of College Football https://trib.al/2dzTNDi DL_uuDBV4AYf5xA.jpg

John Wayne

#9 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:12 AM

Whew!

#10 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,194 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:07 AM

Cubs won the longest nine inning game in baseball history, according to ESPN.  There were 390 pitches in the game, 190 by the Cubs.  There were 15 walks in the game, a Washington base runner called out on replay in the bottom of the 9th, 3 hit batters, and the Cubs went through their entire starting pitching lineup.  In the 5th inning, the Washington pitcher struck out a Cub, but the catcher let the ball pass and roll to the fence; then, when the catcher tried to throw out the runner, he threw the ball into center field!  Long game, but it wasn't boring!

• mr6666, ChristineHoard and LawrenceA like this

#11 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:58 PM

NBC ChicagoVerified account @nbcchicago 4m4 minutes ago

Wayta go, Cubs! http://nbcchi.com/rqONsT5 

DL_h5JtVAAAkDMp.jpg

NBC ChicagoVerified account @nbcchicago 10m10 minutes ago

Cubs are heading to an NLCS rematch with the Dodgers!

• ChristineHoard, LawrenceA and film lover 293 like this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#12 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,612 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:46 PM

Still seems a bit funny to me that the Astros(nee: the Colt .45s) are now in the American League. I still remember back in the day when the Dodgers would beat up on 'em almost every summer while both teams were chasing the National League pennant.

(...and of course I'm also old enough to remember when the Astrodome first opened for business and was billed as the "The Eighth Wonder of the Modern World")

I still have a hard time thinking of the Astros as an AL team too. The

fact that they have been rather mediocre doesn't help either. I don't

recall that tag for the Astrodome, but I do remember their original

name of the Colt. 45s. Probably wouldn't go there today. I believe they

came in with the Mets back in '62. 

#13 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:40 PM

The Late ShowVerified account @colbertlateshow 18h18 hours ago

Tough loss for our country’s men’s national soccer team, but the women’s national team will be in the next World Cup. #USMNT #USWNT #LSSC

DL6LWuaVoAAKhbE.jpg

• ChristineHoard likes this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#14 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,191 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

I am hoping for a Dodgers-Astros World Series, though that doesn't

have the nostalgic appeal of a Dodgers-Yankees throw down.

Still seems a bit funny to me that the Astros(nee: the Colt .45s) are now in the American League. I still remember back in the day when the Dodgers would beat up on 'em almost every summer while both teams were chasing the National League pennant.

(...and of course I'm also old enough to remember when the Astrodome first opened for business and was billed as "The Eighth Wonder of the Modern World")

#15 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,612 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

I am hoping for a Dodgers-Astros World Series, though that doesn't

have the nostalgic appeal of a Dodgers-Yankees throw down.

#16 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,505 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:37 AM

Dodgers pitchers are resting while the Cubs and Nationals play game 5 today, with one of those teams having to face the rested Dodgers on Saturday.      Looking forward to Dodgers \ Yankees World Series.

:D

#17 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,468 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:42 AM

bZEe3OG4_bigger.jpg

A must-win game in enemy territory.
The https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw didn’t give an inch: https://t.co/1b3kwzBpeg https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw https://t.co/QRZaptelI1

— MLB (@MLB) https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw

John Wayne

#18 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,468 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:41 AM

bZEe3OG4_bigger.jpg

.https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw shortstops coming up big in October. It’s a thing. https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw https://t.co/UopO7zJiJ0

John Wayne

#19 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,468 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:37 AM

bZEe3OG4_bigger.jpg

No doubt. All heart. https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw https://t.co/OBenEQM8JO

John Wayne

#20 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,468 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

bZEe3OG4_bigger.jpg MLBVerified account @MLB 9h9 hours ago

Turn up. #ALDSDL6P1LkWkAIc0aH.jpg

John Wayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users