We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Tammy And The Doctor(1963)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,921 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

Jarrod, I liked "Tammy Tell Me True" with Sandra Dee and John Gavin.

I do like both those stars.

• rayban likes this

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#2 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:57 AM

I've only seen the first TAMMY. I figured they got worse as they went along.

Jarrod, I liked "Tammy Tell Me True" with Sandra Dee and John Gavin.

• TopBilled likes this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#3 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,921 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:59 AM

Peter Fonda has said that he was ashamed of "Tammy and the Doctor".

And he was certainly terrible in this one.

I've only seen the first TAMMY. I figured they got worse as they went along.

• rayban likes this

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#4 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:32 AM

Country girl Tammy Tvrees(Sandra Dee)best friend Annie Call(Beulah Bondi)must go to the hospital for an operation,but she wont go without Tammy.With the help of DR Wayne Bentley(MaCdonald Carey)Tammy goes along and gets a job at the hospital.

Tammy meets DR Mark Cheswick(Peter Fonda)and they fall in love.

Head nurse Rachel Coleman(Margret Lindsay)has been in love with DR Bentley for years,but she was always afraid to tell him.

Annie meets rich MR Jason Tripp(Reginald Owen)a patient at the hospital and they too fall in love.

One of the best of the Tammy series.

Peter Fonda has said that he was ashamed of "Tammy and the Doctor".

And he was certainly terrible in this one.

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#5 ERROL23

ERROL23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

The TV Series Tammy  was great.Debbie Watson played Tammy.Also in cast cast Denver Pyle and Donald Woods.

• rayban likes this

#6 ERROL23

ERROL23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

Country girl Tammy Tvrees(Sandra Dee)best friend Annie Call(Beulah Bondi)must go to the hospital for an operation,but she wont go without Tammy.With the help of DR Wayne Bentley(MaCdonald Carey)Tammy goes along and gets a job at the hospital.

Tammy meets DR Mark Cheswick(Peter Fonda)and they fall in love.

Head nurse Rachel Coleman(Margret Lindsay)has been in love with DR Bentley for years,but she was always afraid to tell him.

Annie meets rich MR Jason Tripp(Reginald Owen)a patient at the hospital and they too fall in love.

One of the best of the Tammy series.

• rayban likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users