We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Tammy and the Bachelor (1957)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,575 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:16 PM

The two Tammy films are coming up this weekend on TCM. Set your DVRs..!

• rayban likes this

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#2 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:13 PM

Thanks, everyone. While I was at the TCMDb Overview page, I requested an email reminder - which may or may not be forthcoming. 

I noticed a couple of other things on these boards that haven't worked for years have been corrected - maybe the email reminders...?

• TopBilled likes this

FdX2C0H.gif

#3 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:44 AM

Debbie Reynolds and Leslie Nielsen were quite a duo in "Tammy and the Bachelor".

Sandra Dee and John Gavin were quite a duo, too, in "Tammy Tell Me True".

But Sandra Dee and Peter Fonda were NOT in "Tammy and the Doctor".

• Terrence1 and TopBilled like this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#4 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,575 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:39 PM

Airing again on TCM in September.

In fact, this film and a sequel, TAMMY TELL ME TRUE, are both on the schedule for Sunday September 18, 2016.

• Kid Dabb and rayban like this

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#5 Terrence1

Terrence1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,311 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:22 PM

I agree with you, Kid. I love this movie. It turned out to be a surprise hit for Universal at the time, perhaps because of the popularity of the song. The cast is wonderful and there are many warm moments in the movie. Of course, everyone is rooting for Debbie's character because she is such a geniune human being. There is a nice relationship between Tammy and Louise Beavers that I enjoy.

Terrence.
  • rayban likes this

#6 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

I didn't want to trod all over ERROL23's thread, so..

I actually prefer this, the first in the film series with Debbie Reynolds. Sandra Dee is nothing to be ashamed about, either. I just prefer the hometown setting with it's warmth and coziness that accentuates Debbi Reynolds' Tammy rather than providing a mere backdrop for her performance.

It's really a shame there were no more than the three films produced (I'm discounting the fourth as a collage of TV episodes).

FdX2C0H.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users