We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

From around the galaxy

• Please log in to reply
3519 replies to this topic

#1 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted Today, 09:48 AM

Fukushima Mutant Turtles  (movie TMT ripoff coming soon)

qgJq59g.png

CUTSIE PICS EXPLOITING THIS ONGOING NUCLEAR DISASTER FOR HUMOR ARE FUN TO LOOK AT....BUT THE REALITY OF IT IS SOMETHING ELSE!...GEEZ,IT'S EVEN KILLING THE LIFE IN HUGE AREAS OF THE PACIFIC OCEAN!!    :o

fuku2mar11.jpg

disaster-management-24-638.jpg?cb%5Cu003

fukushima.jpg

#2 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,255 posts

Posted Today, 12:34 AM

Fukushima Mutant Turtles  (movie TMT ripoff coming soon)

qgJq59g.png

#3 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,380 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted Yesterday, 11:15 PM

Thank you for the sentiment Lawrence...i appreciate it!  :)

Thought i'd be attacked for posting those links. :o

On the contrary... what you posted is actual news, unlike a lot of what shows up on the networks.

• JR33928 and film lover 293 like this

#4 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted Yesterday, 07:59 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think that may be changing, though, after this past election and all the attention it has put on the way the media conducts itself, across all mediums. The media itself may not have learned anything, but the readers/viewers/listeners, have.

And btw, if my "like" wasn't enough, thanks for posting that info about the meltdown. I don't know if I would have heard about it, otherwise!

Thank you for the sentiment Lawrence...i appreciate it!  :)

Thought i'd be attacked for posting those links. :o

#5 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted Yesterday, 07:55 PM

Apparently Japan's government and nuclear industry is contributing to any suppression of negative news about Fukushima and other nuclear power sources.  This is from The Guardian:

https://www.theguard...hama-greenpeace

With Trump's monopolizing news coverage, people will have to search out environmental news; CNN and company are too busy keeping track of Trump's antics and the reactions to them.  Kudos to JR33928 finding the links to this topic.

The link is old but clicking on the "home" tab allows one to retrieve articles on Fukushima.

I've read more than one piece saying they "estimate" 30-40 years to decommission the plant (if it can be decommissioned).

Meanwhile many tons of "hot" water pour into the Pacific Ocean every day killing the life there.

Sounds like they're saying that the poisoning of the ocean will continue unabated for years.

• film lover 293 likes this

#6 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted Yesterday, 07:26 PM

IS IT ANY WONDER WHY THE PACIFIC OCEAN IS DYING??

http://www.zerohedge...going-get-worse

Fukushima Radiation Has Contaminated The Entire Pacific Ocean (And It's Going To Get Worse)  

Oct 2, 2016 12:19 PM
Submitted by Whitney Webb via TrueActivist.com,The nuclear disaster has contaminated the world's largest ocean in only five years and it's STILL LEAKING 300 TONS OF RADIOACTIVE WASTE EVERY DAY..

#7 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,068 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:15 PM

Apparently Japan's government and nuclear industry is contributing to any suppression of negative news about Fukushima and other nuclear power sources.  This is from The Guardian:

https://www.theguard...hama-greenpeace

With Trump's monopolizing news coverage, people will have to search out environmental news; CNN and company are too busy keeping track of Trump's antics and the reactions to them.  Kudos to JR33928 finding the links to this topic.

• LawrenceA likes this

#8 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,380 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted Yesterday, 04:31 PM

No,that's just me saying what most ppl will automatically think. PPL are sooo conditioned to believing that we somehow have news media that always tells us everything we need to know all the time,holding nothing back...honest...dependable..champions of free speech truth and righteousness,beholdin' to no one,the trustworthy American press always forthcoming with the TRUTH....NOT!!..lololol

And if it ain't being reported by CNN or other major news outlet,then it ain't true and it DID NOT HAPPEN.

:P 

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think that may be changing, though, after this past election and all the attention it has put on the way the media conducts itself, across all mediums. The media itself may not have learned anything, but the readers/viewers/listeners, have.

And btw, if my "like" wasn't enough, thanks for posting that info about the meltdown. I don't know if I would have heard about it, otherwise!

#9 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted Yesterday, 03:55 PM

Did somebody actually say that?

No,that's just me saying what most ppl will automatically think. PPL are sooo conditioned to believing that we somehow have news media that always tells us everything we need to know all the time,holding nothing back...honest...dependable..champions of free speech truth and righteousness,beholdin' to no one,the trustworthy American press always forthcoming with the TRUTH....NOT!!..lololol

And if it ain't being reported by CNN or other major news outlet,then it ain't true and it DID NOT HAPPEN.

:P 

#10 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,380 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted Yesterday, 03:46 PM

This can't possibly be related to Fukishima.No way,if it was we'da bin TOLD ABOUT IT by CNN...yea,riiight...

Did somebody actually say that?

#11 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted Yesterday, 03:32 PM

This can't possibly be related to Fukishima.No way,if it was we'da bin TOLD ABOUT IT by CNN...yea,riiight...

http://enenews.com/y...s (Energy News)

WATCH: Professor links die-offs on US West Coast to Fukushima radiation — “Nobody has any idea what to do about the continuing contamination” — River flowing under plant with “molten fuel on the bottom” and it’s going into ocean (VIDEO)
  Published: February 28th, 2017 at 1:39 pm ET 
By ENENews

#12 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted Yesterday, 03:15 PM

This couldn't possibly be linked to Fukashima could it??

http://enenews.com/m...ing-frightening

enelogo_a.gif
Massive die-offs reported in Pacific Ocean — Officials: “No fish out there, anywhere, over a very large area”… “What’s happening? Where’s their food?” — “Alarming… Frightening… Total failure in reproduction… Like nothing we’ve ever observed before” (VIDEO)
  Published: March 16th, 2017 at 2:35 pm ET 
By ENENews

#13 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Who is Energy News? I went to the site, but there's little to no info about who they are or where they operate from. 

I don't disbelieve the postings, I'm just curious.

And if it's true, it's astounding that it's not being covered by the rest of the news. Maybe put a giant orange comb-over on top of the plant and they'll pay attention.

Those links i found to ENE (Energy News) are provided by the Emergency Nuclear Tracking Center

Here's a link to the ENTC......https://www.netc.com/

"Our mission is provide free radiation monitoring information from private and government sites to the public.  We have about 300 radiation monitoring sites across the United States and Japan and will add more sites in other parts of the Earth, when they become available."

• LawrenceA and film lover 293 like this

#14 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,380 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted Yesterday, 03:07 PM

Who is Energy News? I went to the site, but there's little to no info about who they are or where they operate from. 

I don't disbelieve the postings, I'm just curious.

And if it's true, it's astounding that it's not being covered by the rest of the news. Maybe put a giant orange comb-over on top of the plant and they'll pay attention.

• film lover 293 likes this

#15 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted Yesterday, 03:01 PM

http://enenews.com/r...s (Energy News)

“Unimaginable”: Record high radiation levels at Fukushima plant — “Gaping hole” found under containment vessel — Officials now admit: “It’s highly possible melted fuel leaked through” — Concern over radioactive gas leaks (PICS & VIDEO)
  Published: February 2nd, 2017 at 5:12 pm ET 
By ENENews

#16 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted Yesterday, 02:57 PM

http://enenews.com/e...s (Energy News)

Expert warns of collapse at Fukushima reactor: “It would be the end of Japan”… New photos show serious structural damage at Unit 2… “It’s a fantasy” that they can decommission plant — AP: Melted fuel has broken pieces of structure in containment vessel (VIDEO)
  Published: March 10th, 2017 at 1:44 pm ET 
By ENENews

#17 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted Yesterday, 02:55 PM

http://enenews.com/n...s (Energy News)

Nuclear Investigator: Worry over underground explosions at Fukushima — New data shows molten fuel is “dropping lower each day”, melting deeper into ground below plant — Disaster far worse than public being told — “Why aren’t we reading about this everywhere?”
  Published: March 20th, 2017 at 3:28 pm ET 
By ENENews 

143 comments

• LawrenceA likes this

#18 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,255 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

The last manual change over projector system.  More likely gone now.

#19 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,255 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:12 PM

"First Men On The Moon" (1919) is considered lost, one of the most sought after British films by historians.  Only a few stills survive.

The_First_Men_in_the_Moon_%281919%29.jpg

• LawrenceA likes this

#20 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,255 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:00 PM

Midisoft's Session will never get old, works with Windows 3.1 to XP (I assume it will with 7)  It uses the mid sound format only.

Works with the joystick MIDI interface or alone.  Great way to test the soundcard, the saxophone is the hardest .mid file sound to reproduce.  Can hear it best using Windows 98SE with the old SoundBlaster AWE32 .

r53.gif

KL_Creative_Labs_Soundblaster_AWE32_PNP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users