We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

From around the galaxy

• Please log in to reply
3550 replies to this topic

#3481 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

Cool interview with George Maharis about his TV series Route 66.

Click Here

And some more cool stuff - Click Here

15wc3h3.jpg2s5zmgm.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3482 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

..they're staring back at us..i know it..i can't tell..how can you tell?..i can't..i feel them staring at us..i say we check out the new litter box..come back later..see if they're still here..they'll know we're gone..

351wa43.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3483 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

Link Test

http://oi59.tinypic.com/so5ocx.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3484 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

:P

FdX2C0H.gif

#3485 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

21b6682.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3486 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

w86deb.jpg

• mr6666 likes this

FdX2C0H.gif

#3487 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:39 AM

2s1kk9j.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3488 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:02 AM

261hh1i.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3489 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

25qrbj6.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3490 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:51 AM

2jb1w9k.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3491 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

I think we know who the kid in the blue shirt is..

2cgkhmr.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3492 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:10 AM

bjig7l.jpg

• midwestan likes this

FdX2C0H.gif

#3493 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:49 AM

10ofvk9.jpg

• midwestan likes this

FdX2C0H.gif

#3494 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:15 PM

dx1zyc.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3495 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

Good question.  I'm a newcomer to this site, so I don't know how it used to be.  But, I've noticed on other websites I frequent, that many of the other posters I remember from 5 or 10 years ago either do not post anymore or do so infrequently.  Did they all ditch their old haunts thanks to Twitter and Facebook?  Did they get bored or pass away?  I often wonder about that.  I've had three Facebook friends die on me since I joined up less than 5 years ago, and a couple more have cancer.  Another factor could be, as you say, people throwing darts at each other.  The level of snarkiness on the web has increased since I went on line in 1999.  It's not as enjoyable an experience as it used to be.  Facebook for me is a good example of that.  The negativity can be soul-crushing.  I haven't posted anything on my page since July, and the one response I got was either mean or sarcastic (I haven't figured out which).  Also, I don't post too much, because I don't think I have much to add to a conversation.  The knowledge of classic movies some of the posters here possess can be a bit intimidating to me.  I'm often awestruck about how much people know and how witty they are.  What I know about classic movies you can put in a hat.  But I do enjoy watching TCM, and every so often I get a great deal of pleasure reading some of the posts on this site, especially the ones that educate me and make me chuckle.

This site is great because of the knowledge related to 'classic films' (I use the term studio-era instead),  so many of the users have here.    Compared to the all my family and friends I have a lot more knowledge about this era of movie making but here I'm somewhere in the middle of the pack.    So I learn a lot and get advise about movies to check out.      This site is a lot less negative than any site I have ever been on.

#3496 midwestan

midwestan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:13 PM

These message boards used to be a buzzin beehive of activity 5-6 years ago - the activity was like being in a live chat room. Now.. it's like a funeral parlor with people throwing darts at each other. Where do you suppose everyone got off to?

Good question.  I'm a newcomer to this site, so I don't know how it used to be.  But, I've noticed on other websites I frequent, that many of the other posters I remember from 5 or 10 years ago either do not post anymore or do so infrequently.  Did they all ditch their old haunts thanks to Twitter and Facebook?  Did they get bored or pass away?  I often wonder about that.  I've had three Facebook friends die on me since I joined up less than 5 years ago, and a couple more have cancer.  Another factor could be, as you say, people throwing darts at each other.  The level of snarkiness on the web has increased since I went on line in 1999.  It's not as enjoyable an experience as it used to be.  Facebook for me is a good example of that.  The negativity can be soul-crushing.  I haven't posted anything on my page since July, and the one response I got was either mean or sarcastic (I haven't figured out which).  Also, I don't post too much, because I don't think I have much to add to a conversation.  The knowledge of classic movies some of the posters here possess can be a bit intimidating to me.  I'm often awestruck about how much people know and how witty they are.  What I know about classic movies you can put in a hat.  But I do enjoy watching TCM, and every so often I get a great deal of pleasure reading some of the posts on this site, especially the ones that educate me and make me chuckle.

#3497 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

These message boards used to be a buzzin beehive of activity 5-6 years ago - the activity was like being in a live chat room. Now.. it's like a funeral parlor with people throwing darts at each other. Where do you suppose everyone got off to?

Well when TCM has movies on I want to see,  I'm not here.      I sometimes have my laptop in the living room where I have the big screen T.V.  but I noticed I wasn't paying enough attention to what was on the T.V.  so I stopped doing that.

As for 'throwing darts';  I don't think it is any different now than it has been in the past.   

#3498 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

FdX2C0H.gif

#3499 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:01 PM

Noel Neill, I like this cute photo of her.

At first I felt this was Lucille Ball.  

#3500 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

In the TV series: The Adventures of Superman

Which Lois Lane do you prefer?

Phyllis Coates or Noel Neill

Noel Neill, I like this cute photo of her.

Noel+Neill1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users