We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

From around the galaxy

• Please log in to reply
3602 replies to this topic

#3481 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:54 AM

Ahh.. the good ol' days

jgry8g.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3482 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

I just got slapped in the head by somethin'..

I'm watching Bull Durham (1988). The music during the last 15 minutes screams Blade Runner(1982). Really.. if you close your eyes and just listen, you'll swear you've got Blade Runner on.

Bull Durham's music is by Michael Convertino; and Blade Runner's is by Vangelis. Perhaps Michael Convertino is a pseudonym of Vangelis'..?

P.S.  I just voted for Greed (1925) to be released on DVD

FdX2C0H.gif

#3483 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,230 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:15 PM

What is creepier, Lena Media with child or her doctor  wearing xray specs that were advertised in comic books? :o

Wasn't he in a James Whale horror flick? :lol:

2aj8dcm.jpg

xray_glasses.jpg

#3484 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,230 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:58 AM

Say buddy, can you spare a dime?

Burt Reynolds' auction

A man took this amazing sharp photo of an F/A-18 Hornet of the Blue Angels just above the road deck of the Golden Gate Bridge.  What's amazing is the exact timing and odds of such a thing caught by camera.

670x757xDSC02392.jpg.pagespeed.ic.5mgIv-

#3485 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:42 PM

Say buddy, can you spare a dime?

Burt Reynolds' auction

FdX2C0H.gif

#3486 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

Best way to do emoticons is to Google the expression you're looking for followed by emoticon.  Go to Google Images and select the normal size if possible. It may take some times scrolling down the list. 

Example...I type Angry emoticon then went to images, found the one I wanted and clicked on it, then Image.  A separate webpage opened with the emoticon and right click the mouse button to copy.  Went to the TCM post and did the normal image paste routine and..

smiley-angry008.gif

Thanks, ham  ;-^>   I've got thousands of emoticons - the message editor here won't allow them to be inserted on the same line with my text.. so I can't stick them into my sentences where I want them. That's why I have gone back to using ASCII's - I can put them anywhere.. 

FdX2C0H.gif

#3487 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,230 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:34 AM

2014: A Colombian Odyssey  8^-)

Best way to do emoticons is to Google the expression you're looking for followed by emoticon.  Go to Google Images and select the normal size if possible. It may take some times scrolling down the list. 

Example...I type Angry emoticon then went to images, found the one I wanted and clicked on it, then Image.  A separate webpage opened with the emoticon and right click the mouse button to copy.  Went to the TCM post and did the normal image paste routine and..

smiley-angry008.gif

#3488 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:44 AM

2014: A Colombian Odyssey  8^-)

FdX2C0H.gif

#3489 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,230 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:14 AM

Here is something you don't see often while driving down the road.

51f38aa798c1b_51f38aa7baae3.jpg

#3490 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:53 AM

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/turnercl/public_html/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 4591

FdX2C0H.gif

#3491 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:13 PM

Gotta say, Them 's some pretty cool pictures down there a'piece, Kid! ;)

(...Nimoy's just a kid there himself, huh!)

#3492 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:16 PM

I can dig it

213ngc1.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3493 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,230 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:39 PM

Now behold this and be prepared to have your mind (and ears) blown...you will need 2 for stereo.

Bryston - 28B-SST2 - 1000 Watt Mono Amplifier (Each) Price $9,900.00

Caution...your neighbors might complain. :D

21653.jpg

6.jpg

I think it was invented by Doc in "Back To The Future" who still was trying to get the bugs work out of the speaker.

Amplifier.jpg

#3494 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:34 PM

dbl7c5.jpg

2i8byna.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3495 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,059 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:18 PM

That's great. I've been using Radiotuna.com which is also free and has many channels dedicated to specific music styles - like SiriusXM. I listen through my PC - I luuuuvv that Latin - South American - Bossa Nova. All you need is your PC and a speaker - no extra connections or players required.

I have to check out radiotuna.  Thanks for the tip.    I listen to jazzradio.    It has a latin jazz sub-station as well.  I can never get enough of Jobin. 

#3496 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:10 AM

How about something free, no contracts, monthly bills, no debit cards. $0.00 a month.  It's called internet radio, it has practically the same material as Sirus XM - thousands of channels.  The trick is to obtain the C Crane radio and one only needs a wireless or ethernet connection.  Setting it up requires registering to Pandora and then Receiva.com and link the accounts.  It only ask for the radio's ID.  You will NOT get any spam, offers, etc.  Hassle FREE!  I first heard about it from Rolleye James Show.  The radio can be played from its built in speaker or home entertainment system.

BEST THING EVER MADE for home entertainment. :) :)

That's great. I've been using Radiotuna.com which is also free and has many channels dedicated to specific music styles - like SiriusXM. I listen through my PC - I luuuuvv that Latin - South American - Bossa Nova. All you need is your PC and a speaker - no extra connections or players required.

FdX2C0H.gif

#3497 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,230 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:02 PM

This is an odd one -

I was mucking about on my cable/ISP's website (Bright House Services here in central Florida) and found a free app they offer. Anyone with an account (cable, internet, whatever..) AND a username and password for accessing that account on their website (I use mine to pay online) can log into their account and access their TV streaming app - BHTV.

If you have your cable tv and/or internet account with them AND you've signed up on their website, this will allow you to stream all of your cable channels to your computer or portable device (iPod, Android, etc.). Your computer and other devices can be used to watch all of your cable channels you have subscribed to.

You can still use your tv - it doesn't cut that off. This is just like watching on your tv only your computer offers additional options you may have in a set-top box or DVR.

This isn't the same as TCM's Watch TCM Live streaming. This is not a single channel. This is your whole cable package as it's delivered to your tv - everything you've subscribed to.. only it's streamed to your computer/portable device.

This is odd to me because I don't use any portable devices which would take the greatest advantage of this. I use my desktop computer and it's in the same room with my tv so there is no real advantage for me to utilize the service - unless my tv goes kaput! (please no!).

One more thing.. when I began to activate the app, one requirement was to download the Microsoft Silverlight Player (free download from Microsoft) - if I didn't already have it.. I don't. I stopped short of this because I'm too tired to mess with this tonight. Perhaps this weekend.

How about something free, no contracts, monthly bills, no debit cards. $0.00 a month.  It's called internet radio, it has practically the same material as Sirus XM - thousands of channels.  The trick is to obtain the C Crane radio and one only needs a wireless or ethernet connection.  Setting it up requires registering to Pandora and then Receiva.com and link the accounts.  It only ask for the radio's ID.  You will NOT get any spam, offers, etc.  Hassle FREE!  I first heard about it from Rolleye James Show.  The radio can be played from its built in speaker or home entertainment system.

BEST THING EVER MADE for home entertainment. :) :)

RAD-WIFI-CCRADIO.jpg

#3498 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:59 PM

33lee7o.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3499 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:08 PM

2ut2t54.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#3500 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

This is an odd one -

I was mucking about on my cable/ISP's website (Bright House Services here in central Florida) and found a free app they offer. Anyone with an account (cable, internet, whatever..) AND a username and password for accessing that account on their website (I use mine to pay online) can log into their account and access their TV streaming app - BHTV.

If you have your cable tv and/or internet account with them AND you've signed up on their website, this will allow you to stream all of your cable channels to your computer or portable device (iPod, Android, etc.). Your computer and other devices can be used to watch all of your cable channels you have subscribed to.

You can still use your tv - it doesn't cut that off. This is just like watching on your tv only your computer offers additional options you may have in a set-top box or DVR.

This isn't the same as TCM's Watch TCM Live streaming. This is not a single channel. This is your whole cable package as it's delivered to your tv - everything you've subscribed to.. only it's streamed to your computer/portable device.

This is odd to me because I don't use any portable devices which would take the greatest advantage of this. I use my desktop computer and it's in the same room with my tv so there is no real advantage for me to utilize the service - unless my tv goes kaput! (please no!).

One more thing.. when I began to activate the app, one requirement was to download the Microsoft Silverlight Player (free download from Microsoft) - if I didn't already have it.. I don't. I stopped short of this because I'm too tired to mess with this tonight. Perhaps this weekend.

FdX2C0H.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users