We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

From around the galaxy

• Please log in to reply
3549 replies to this topic

#21 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:40 PM

Bin hearing for Years about just how harmful it can be to be constantly exposed to EMF radiation for long periods of time.

Probably started over the controversy about radiation from high tension powerlines and how ppl living near them claim to suffer from cancer and other maladies they attribute to EMF exposure.

Dunno if constant exposure to EMF radiation actually causes cancer or not,i'm no expert,but am suspicious enough to never have bought into the cellphone craze...still use a landline.It has no EMF radiation and as an added benefit,it doesn't rat my movements out to the NSA.No Wi-fi in the home either...laptop,tv and Blu Ray player are all hard wired.

Do Cellphones Cause Cancer?: Understanding Cell Phone Radiation and Cancer.

https://thetruthabou...diation-cancer/

Shielding products and What the experts are saying about the risks of EMR

https://www.bioelect...609waAgwy8P8HAQ

#22 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:05 PM

Bin hearing for Years about just how harmful it can be to be constantly exposed to EMF radiation for long periods of time.

Probably started over the controversy about radiation from high tension powerlines and how ppl living near them claim to suffer from cancer and other maladies they attribute to EMF exposure.

Dunno if constant exposure to EMF radiation actually causes cancer or not,i'm no expert,but am suspicious enough to never have bought into the cellphone craze...still use a landline.It has no EMF radiation and as an added benefit,it doesn't rat my movements out to the NSA.No Wi-fi in the home either...laptop,tv and Blu Ray player are all hard wired.

#23 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:38 AM

Ghosts and spectra: The invisible world of WiFi signal bombardment

Have you ever wondered what the electromangetic fields (EMFs) that surround virtually every person carrying a mobile device with WiFi or data capability look like?

Well, look at these baffling images by visual artist Luis Hernan from DIGITAL ETHERAL. Colorful but terrifying!

If we could see them, would it make us think twice about how often we are using them?

Luis Hernan was able to depict what WiFi actually looks like in his work entitled Digital Ethereal using an Android app and long exposure photography giving back an amazing glimpse into the movement of the WiFI signals that follow us around virtually everywhere.

http://strangesounds...t-pictures.html

wifi-6.png

This means if one is haunted, don't call Ghostbusters, just toss that thing out!

0fe46365101cdda1466efcc5efbc1f34.jpg

#24 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:20 AM

Ghosts and spectra: The invisible world of WiFi signal bombardment

Have you ever wondered what the electromangetic fields (EMFs) that surround virtually every person carrying a mobile device with WiFi or data capability look like?

Well, look at these baffling images by visual artist Luis Hernan from DIGITAL ETHERAL. Colorful but terrifying!

If we could see them, would it make us think twice about how often we are using them?

Luis Hernan was able to depict what WiFi actually looks like in his work entitled Digital Ethereal using an Android app and long exposure photography giving back an amazing glimpse into the movement of the WiFI signals that follow us around virtually everywhere.

http://strangesounds...t-pictures.html

#25 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

Colorado man, 42, chokes to death on a one-pound glazed doughnut during a speed-eating contest in Denver. :wacko: 

http://www.dailymail...s_campaign=1490

grumpy-cat-says-good-1440109287.jpg

I'm amazed the death toll isn't higher.

http://emgn.com/ente...their-stomachs/

#26 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:14 AM

Good idea for a sequel, I like it.

Give me a steak medium rare. :lol: 

#27 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:10 AM

Wonder if that goes unused, like all their marvelous ghost cities.

Who do they think they are, Las Vegas? :D

eiffel-tower-las-vegas.jpg

• MovieCollectorOH likes this

#28 MovieCollectorOH

MovieCollectorOH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:05 AM

China's, the Five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical radio Telescope (FAST). Finished in 2016, the largest in the world.

chinacomplet.jpg

35EE82E800000578-3673368-image-a-41_1467

Wonder if that goes unused, like all their marvelous ghost cities.

#29 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:17 AM

Thank you O. Winston Link for preserving the history of Steam Locomotives. I have his 2 books and several calendars, using one now.  There is one slightly movie related, check Post An Interesting Pic in General Discussions.

Mr Link is left.

owlink1-999.jpeg

3520774718_865fb6d05c.jpg

68cc2078c29a595e7658216b6c2100a1.jpg

O.-Winston-Link-4573734586_72e981f62a_o.

• MovieCollectorOH likes this

#30 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

China's, the Five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical radio Telescope (FAST). Finished in 2016, the largest in the world.

chinacomplet.jpg

35EE82E800000578-3673368-image-a-41_1467

• LawrenceA likes this

#31 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:48 AM

Fukushima Mutant Turtles  (movie TMT ripoff coming soon)

qgJq59g.png

CUTSIE PICS EXPLOITING THIS ONGOING NUCLEAR DISASTER FOR HUMOR ARE FUN TO LOOK AT....BUT THE REALITY OF IT IS SOMETHING ELSE!...GEEZ,IT'S EVEN KILLING THE LIFE IN HUGE AREAS OF THE PACIFIC OCEAN!!    :o

fuku2mar11.jpg

disaster-management-24-638.jpg?cb%5Cu003

fukushima.jpg

#32 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:34 AM

Fukushima Mutant Turtles  (movie TMT ripoff coming soon)

qgJq59g.png

#33 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Grump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,690 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:15 PM

Thank you for the sentiment Lawrence...i appreciate it!  :)

Thought i'd be attacked for posting those links. :o

On the contrary... what you posted is actual news, unlike a lot of what shows up on the networks.

• JR33928 and film lover 293 like this

#34 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think that may be changing, though, after this past election and all the attention it has put on the way the media conducts itself, across all mediums. The media itself may not have learned anything, but the readers/viewers/listeners, have.

And btw, if my "like" wasn't enough, thanks for posting that info about the meltdown. I don't know if I would have heard about it, otherwise!

Thank you for the sentiment Lawrence...i appreciate it!  :)

Thought i'd be attacked for posting those links. :o

#35 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:55 PM

Apparently Japan's government and nuclear industry is contributing to any suppression of negative news about Fukushima and other nuclear power sources.  This is from The Guardian:

https://www.theguard...hama-greenpeace

With Trump's monopolizing news coverage, people will have to search out environmental news; CNN and company are too busy keeping track of Trump's antics and the reactions to them.  Kudos to JR33928 finding the links to this topic.

The link is old but clicking on the "home" tab allows one to retrieve articles on Fukushima.

I've read more than one piece saying they "estimate" 30-40 years to decommission the plant (if it can be decommissioned).

Meanwhile many tons of "hot" water pour into the Pacific Ocean every day killing the life there.

Sounds like they're saying that the poisoning of the ocean will continue unabated for years.

• film lover 293 likes this

#36 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

IS IT ANY WONDER WHY THE PACIFIC OCEAN IS DYING??

http://www.zerohedge...going-get-worse

Fukushima Radiation Has Contaminated The Entire Pacific Ocean (And It's Going To Get Worse)  

Oct 2, 2016 12:19 PM
Submitted by Whitney Webb via TrueActivist.com,The nuclear disaster has contaminated the world's largest ocean in only five years and it's STILL LEAKING 300 TONS OF RADIOACTIVE WASTE EVERY DAY..

#37 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

Apparently Japan's government and nuclear industry is contributing to any suppression of negative news about Fukushima and other nuclear power sources.  This is from The Guardian:

https://www.theguard...hama-greenpeace

With Trump's monopolizing news coverage, people will have to search out environmental news; CNN and company are too busy keeping track of Trump's antics and the reactions to them.  Kudos to JR33928 finding the links to this topic.

• LawrenceA likes this

#38 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Grump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,690 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

No,that's just me saying what most ppl will automatically think. PPL are sooo conditioned to believing that we somehow have news media that always tells us everything we need to know all the time,holding nothing back...honest...dependable..champions of free speech truth and righteousness,beholdin' to no one,the trustworthy American press always forthcoming with the TRUTH....NOT!!..lololol

And if it ain't being reported by CNN or other major news outlet,then it ain't true and it DID NOT HAPPEN.

:P 

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think that may be changing, though, after this past election and all the attention it has put on the way the media conducts itself, across all mediums. The media itself may not have learned anything, but the readers/viewers/listeners, have.

And btw, if my "like" wasn't enough, thanks for posting that info about the meltdown. I don't know if I would have heard about it, otherwise!

#39 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

Did somebody actually say that?

No,that's just me saying what most ppl will automatically think. PPL are sooo conditioned to believing that we somehow have news media that always tells us everything we need to know all the time,holding nothing back...honest...dependable..champions of free speech truth and righteousness,beholdin' to no one,the trustworthy American press always forthcoming with the TRUTH....NOT!!..lololol

And if it ain't being reported by CNN or other major news outlet,then it ain't true and it DID NOT HAPPEN.

:P 

#40 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Grump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,690 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

This can't possibly be related to Fukishima.No way,if it was we'da bin TOLD ABOUT IT by CNN...yea,riiight...

Did somebody actually say that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users