We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

• Please log in to reply
2341 replies to this topic

#21 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

Saturday March 11, 2017

screen-shot-2017-03-11-at-6-57-26-am.png

Troops in Italy on TCM

THE QUICK AND THE DEAD with Larry D. Mann

A WALK IN THE SUN with Dana Andrews

A FORCE OF ARMS with William Holden

• rayban likes this

"You've had a few hours given back to you from life. A few hours in which to change your minds and your hearts. When you came into the grounds of this inn, you came into a place as it was a year ago today. You were in your own time, but the house and garden and Gwyneth and I are in the time of last year. The day the bomb hit. When you go away and walk up the road you will have spent a night in an inn. But if you look back from the crest of the hill, the halfway house will not be here...but if you remember, it will be as you remember a forgotten snatch of song. It will be a picture before your eyes. Gone before you realize it is there. Or an echo in the hidden places of your mind. But you have been here...and the world is what you make it." -- Mervyn Johns, THE HALFWAY HOUSE.

#22 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

The Big Combo should be part of TCM June tribute.   

You're right-- it definitely should be. 

• rayban likes this

"You've had a few hours given back to you from life. A few hours in which to change your minds and your hearts. When you came into the grounds of this inn, you came into a place as it was a year ago today. You were in your own time, but the house and garden and Gwyneth and I are in the time of last year. The day the bomb hit. When you go away and walk up the road you will have spent a night in an inn. But if you look back from the crest of the hill, the halfway house will not be here...but if you remember, it will be as you remember a forgotten snatch of song. It will be a picture before your eyes. Gone before you realize it is there. Or an echo in the hidden places of your mind. But you have been here...and the world is what you make it." -- Mervyn Johns, THE HALFWAY HOUSE.

#23 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,281 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

Friday March 10, 2017

screen-shot-2017-03-09-at-4-17-30-pm.png

Gangster dramas on Amazon Prime

THE BIG COMBO with Richard Conte

GIRLS GUNS AND GANGSTERS with Mamie Van Doren

The Big Combo should be part of TCM June tribute.   ;)

• TopBilled likes this

#24 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:32 AM

Friday March 10, 2017

screen-shot-2017-03-09-at-4-17-30-pm.png

Gangster dramas on Amazon Prime

THE BIG COMBO with Richard Conte

GIRLS GUNS AND GANGSTERS with Mamie Van Doren

• rayban likes this

#25 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:40 AM

Thursday March 9, 2017

screen-shot-2017-03-06-at-6-41-36-pm2.pn

Richard Burton & Elizabeth Taylor on TCM

WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? with George Segal

THE V.I.P.S with Louis Jourdan

THE SANDPIPER with Eva Marie Saint

THE COMEDIANS with Alec Guinness

• rayban likes this

#26 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

Wednesday March 8, 2017

screen-shot-2017-03-08-at-6-44-49-am.png

Directed by James Whale on Amazon Prime

SINNERS IN PARADISE with Madge Evans

WIVES UNDER SUSPICION with Warren William

• rayban likes this

#27 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:17 AM

Tuesday March 7, 2017

screen-shot-2017-03-07-at-9-07-52-am.jpg

Stanwyck on TCM

A LOST LADY with Frank Morgan

B.F.’S DAUGHTER with Van Heflin

HIS BROTHER’S WIFE with Robert Taylor

THE WOMAN IN RED with Gene Raymond

EXECUTIVE SUITE with William Holden

EAST SIDE, WEST SIDE with Van Heflin

THE GAY SISTERS with Geroge Brent

MY REPUTATION with George Brent

• rayban likes this

#28 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

Monday March 6, 2017

screen-shot-2017-03-06-at-7-42-55-am.png

Richard Burton in the 1950s on TCM

MY COUSIN RACHEL with Olivia de Havilland

PRINCE OF PLAYERS with Maggie McNamara

THE DESERT RATS with Robert Newton

SEA WIFE with Joan Collins

THE ROBE with Jean Simmons

• rayban likes this

#29 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

Sunday March 5, 2017

screen-shot-2017-03-05-at-7-23-12-am.png

Gone too soon on Amazon Prime

HOLLYWOOD HEAVEN: TRAGIC LIVES, TRAGIC DEATHS

HOLLYWOOD REMEMBERS: LEADING LADIES

MARILYN MONROE: PORTRAIT OF A LEGEND..SUICIDE OR MURDER?

• rayban likes this

#30 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:25 AM

Saturday March 4, 2017

screen-shot-2017-03-04-at-8-26-31-am.jpg

Barbara Harris on TCM

A THOUSAND CLOWNS with Jason Robards Jr.

FAMILY PLOT with Karen Black

SECOND-HAND HEARTS with Robert Blake

• rayban likes this

#31 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:20 AM

Friday March 3, 2017

screen-shot-2017-03-03-at-8-03-12-am.png

Classics that stay young on TCM

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN with Gene Wilder

THE YOUNG GIRLS OF ROCHEFORT with Catherine Deneuve

THE YOUNG IN HEART with Douglas Fairbanks Jr.

What could be "younger" or "lovelier" than "The Young Girls Of Rochefort"?

• TopBilled likes this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#32 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

Friday March 3, 2017

screen-shot-2017-03-03-at-8-03-12-am.png

Classics that stay young on TCM

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN with Gene Wilder

THE YOUNG GIRLS OF ROCHEFORT with Catherine Deneuve

THE YOUNG IN HEART with Douglas Fairbanks Jr.

• rayban likes this

#33 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

Thursday March 2, 2017

screen-shot-2017-03-02-at-6-31-36-am.png

Jennifer Jones’ 98th birthday on Amazon Prime

BEAT THE DEVIL with Humphrey Bogart

INDISCRETION OF AN AMERICAN WIFE with Montgomery Clift

• rayban likes this

#34 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

Wednesday March 1, 2017

screen-shot-2017-03-01-at-10-18-33-am.pn

“Two” many great films on TCM

TWO ARABIAN KNIGHTS with William Boyd

TWO GIRLS AND A SAILOR with June Allyson

TWO TICKETS TO BROADWAY with Ann Miller

TWO WOMEN with Sophia Loren

• rayban likes this

#35 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:00 AM

Tuesday February 28, 2017

screen-shot-2017-02-28-at-8-01-17-am.png

British aviation films on FilmStruck

THE LION HAS WINGS with Merle Oberon

Q PLANES with Ralph Richardson

• rayban likes this

#36 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:11 AM

Monday February 27, 2017

screen-shot-2017-02-27-at-7-10-09-am.png

Joan Bennett’s 107th birthday on FilmStruck

THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW with Edward G. Robinson

SCARLET STREET with Edward G. Robinson

• rayban likes this

#37 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:54 AM

Sunday February 26, 2017

screen-shot-2017-02-26-at-9-52-39-am.png

Madeleine Carroll’s 111th birthday on Amazon Prime

THE 39 STEPS with Robert Donat

SECRET AGENT with Peter Lorre

MY LOVE FOR YOURS with Fred MacMurray

• rayban likes this

#38 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

Saturday February 25, 2017

screen-shot-2017-02-25-at-8-29-54-am1.pn

Robert Mitchum on TCM

THE STORY OF G.I. JOE with Burgess Meredith

THE SUNDOWNERS with Deborah Kerr

• rayban likes this

#39 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,163 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:15 AM

Friday February 24, 2017

screen-shot-2017-02-24-at-7-13-49-am.png

Music documentaries on FilmStruck

MONTEREY POP with Simon & Garfunkel

GIMME SHELTER with the Rolling Stones

TRUTH OR DARE with Madonna

• rayban likes this

#40 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

Thursday February 23, 2017

screen-shot-2017-02-23-at-8-04-57-am.png

Errol Flynn in the 1940s on TCM

SAN ANTONIO with Alexis Smith

THE SEA HAWK with Brenda Marshall

He and Dean Stockwell were an enjoyable duo in "Kim".

He turned down "King Solomon's Mines" for "Kim".

"Kim" happened to be Dean Stockwell's last film for MGM.

What a shame, this kid was "a star".

• TopBilled likes this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users