We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Watch TCM doesn't work on Google Chrome

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 michele31415

michele31415

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

Well I have the same problem as everyone else here apparently, and it's now 2017.  I can watch live content in Chrome on my PC, but Chrome on a Raspberry Pi 3 doesn't work.  I can log into my cable provider OK but then when I click on the Play arrow, it just sits there with the little spinning wheel chasing its tail icon forever.  I also get weird messages on the system console like:

"** Message: console message: [native code] @0: [CVP|_top|Aspen|38]

** Message: console message: http://www.tcm.com/watchtcm/js/watchlist.js @398: watchlist init from target

** Message: console message: https://www.facebook.com/connect/ping?client_id=1439234139722039&domain=www.tcm.com&origin=1&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fstaticxx.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter%2Fr%2Fao6eUeuGXQq.js%3Fversion%3D42%23cb%3Df2a5add24%26domain%3Dwww.tcm.com%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.tcm.com%252Ffb34173d%26relation%3Dparent&response_type=token%2Csigned_request%2Ccode&sdk=joey @1: URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not whitelisted in the app?s Client OAuth Settings. Make sure Client and Web OAuth Login are on and add all your app domains as Valid OAuth Redirect URIs.

Why on earth is it wanting to go to Facebook?  I don't even have a Facebook account.  I've tried five different browsers on the Raspberry Pi (Chromium, Firefox, Epiphany, Kweb3, and luakit) and none of them work.  Chromium does play the free content, like trailers, but just sits there spinning if I try to watch an actual movie.  And I have no ad-blocking enabled.

And here's what the Chrome console displays when I click try to play a movie:

A Parser-blocking, cross-origin script, http://www.ugdturner.com/xd.sjs, is invoked via document.write. This may be blocked by the browser if the device has poor network connectivity. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5718547946799104 for more details.
cnnad_ugsync @ ais.js:3
xd.sjs Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable)
cvp.min.js:3 [CVP|_top|Aspen|766] WARN "useSharedSessionToken" support is deprecated and is no longer applicable!
t._logger.(anonymous function) @ cvp.min.js:3
watchlist.js:398 watchlist init from target
http://b.scorecardresearch.com/r?c2=6035748&d.c=gif&d.o=tcmprod&d.x=1638545?tp%3A%2F%2Fwww.tcm.com%2Fwatchtcm%2Flivestream%2F%3Fecid%3Dsubnavwatchlive Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
(unknown) [22:7:46.45] INFO AccessEnablerLoader -  loadAccessEnabler()
googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
(unknown) [22:7:50.459] INFO AccessEnablerLoader -  onLoadComplete(function Function() {})
ping:1 URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not whitelisted in the app?s Client OAuth Settings. Make sure Client and Web OAuth Login are on and add all your app domains as Valid OAuth Redirect URIs.
cvp.min.js:3 [CVP|_top|CVPAuth|14558] ERROR [authNFsm:initializing] Error undefined: Fatal error during auth init!
cvp.min.js:3 [CVP|_top|CVPAuth|14566] WARN AuthManager is not ready.

Clearly it's chock full 'o errors.

I've tried contacting TCM via their help page - boo wah hah hah, what a joke.  Like I'll ever hear from anyone there.  I'd sure love to figure this one out.

#2 Amy78

Amy78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:14 PM

Thank you! I never would have thought that ad block was preventing the page from running properly.  Now if some one could tell me if there is a way to tell if a movie will be offered on demand before it airs, so I would know if I should stay up and watch it or see it later on demand.  I was disappointed that Promise with James Garner hadn't been shown on demand.

#3 Fuzzify

Fuzzify

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:08 PM

PLEAAAASE ADD GOOGLE CHROMECAST!

#4 DavidST

DavidST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:25 PM

I just thought I'd add my two cents about WATCH TCM not working via XFINITY in Tucson, Arizona.  I've been asking for help from TCM and from the moderators for over 1 year.  Never have I gotten any assistance.   I did try recent suggestions about shutting off ADBLOCK on Firefox on my Windows Vista computer but had no success.  Here (below) is my original October 2015 message which is similar to one I've been posting here and and emailing to the TCM help address for a year.  

Thanks,  David

-------------------------------

I've written for assistance to the TCM support e-mail.  I've asked the moderators here.  No luck.  No response...sort of like the recent out-of-sync problems.  Never a real explanation.  Since TCM sent out today a "Thank you for your support" email about improvements to WATCH TCM, I'd like a little support in return from TCM tech folks.  I've been trying to access WATCH TCM on my pc with Comcast for many a moon.  Never any success.  Never any response to my help requests.   I'm only trying to WATCH TCM on my computer.  Not on my phone.  Going to the WATCH TCM home page, I click on SIGN IN.  This opens a new page with Ben's face and a choice of cable providers.  Clicking on XFINITY, I'm taken to a TCM/XFINITY sign-in page.  Logging into Comcast with my credentials takes me back to the WATCH TCM home page.  If I click on WATCH LIVE and try to view the current movie, I'm asked to sign in again to XFINITY.  The whole thing goes around and around with no success.  Comcast knows I'm logged in to Comcast but WATCH TCM does not.  How a streaming service for computers and phones can be introduced and hyped with no tech support provided is beyond me.   If any of you have any ideas, please let me know.

#5 mizikezap

mizikezap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:02 PM

If you have AdBlock activated for your Chrome browser, it will interfere with the playback.  Disable AdBlock and it may resolve your issue.

#6 jobriath2004

jobriath2004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm experiencing the same problem: not able to view TCM On Demand or Live via ASUS Chromebook Flip. That same message---"AuthZ timeout"---shows up. I do not run any kind of ad blocking software. I connect through Comcast Xfinity. Any suggestions?

#7 prowell

prowell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:17 PM

I'm happy to report my issue was resolved by disabling my ad blocker.  Actually, I only had to "pause" it.   Thank you for that suggestion.  It was very frustrating because I also was using the Apple TV which worked, but not well.  B)

#8 twharry42

twharry42

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:09 PM

Cancel the request. Sorry I couldnt solve the problem before my earlier post, but I restarted the machine again after cleaning out more downloads, and now I can watch TCM Movies on Demand again. Dont know why it took two restarts for the fix.

#9 twharry42

twharry42

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:01 PM

I use a Chromebook, the cloud machine thats neither a pc or apple. I'm a DirectTV subscriber, and have watched movies on this laptop for a few months with TCM Movies on demand, no problem. Now the site asks for me to log in. It accepts my password, then shows me logged in, (the Sign Out message appears). As soon as the selected movie switches to ready mode, (play arrow in the center of the screen), the Sign In message appears again, and the movie is not playable. Seems like this is a problem with the site, not my Chromebook. I have no Ad blocker function, and only Chrome as a browser.

Moderator, would you please look into this?

#10 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:44 PM

Can anyone help me understand why I can no longer access TCM on my laptop? I use Chrome, Windows 8.1. No problem on my Kindle or my phone, but for several months now, I've not been able to view films on my computer.

Hello

I've merged your post with an existing thread we already had on this subject. As you can read, you are not the only one who has experienced this problem. Some have mentioned that disabling any ad blocker on your browser might help.

Our testers have had trouble replicating this issue, and come to the conclusion that it could be the result of an individuals internet connection.

However if you can provide me with some additional information, I will pass that one so they can keep testing.

What version of Chrome are you using, and can you explain exactly what happens, or any error messages you might be receiving?

#11 stumblebunny

stumblebunny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:44 AM

Can anyone help me understand why I can no longer access TCM on my laptop? I use Chrome, Windows 8.1. No problem on my Kindle or my phone, but for several months now, I've not been able to view films on my computer.

#12 johnniedoo

johnniedoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:54 PM

I like TCM on demand very much-i have a bunch of computers i have built for myself and family. I have no troubles(anymore) getting it to play flawlessly everytime, just about, on my windows7.1 in firefox versions 28-39. adblock or not. though i did whitelist tcm long ago in at least one computer

that said, I have crazy issues getting tcm movies on demand or live to play on my linux Mint17.2 Mate computers. i have changed a couple over to linux out of reaction to the windows 8,now 10 direction microsoft has taken. I have zero problems on one computer in linux,it has an old gpu, too. far out of date and use the free graphics card drivers for AMD processors it is covered, not that old (hd4670 hdmi) in case interested. In my new computer with another amd processor and gpu 7900series and fx processor, nothing doing in firefox and turner. you tube , great, cnet videos no issues at all, movies on line through a number of sites either flash or html5-no trouble. but with turner, and only recently, i get the spinning wheel. I have tried pepperflaxh, i have tried pipelight plugin , i have wine and IE and a windows version of firefox in wine. nothing doing. It had been playing just fine til a month or so. probaly less. i do not check all the time since i have such good luck in my windows 7 set up. only it is a more energy demanding system. i only bothered to try the linux version with the new components due to the energy savings potential. and i found i can not make it work. i have spent the beter parts of 2 days testing all sorts of flash combinations and pepperflash , pipelight plus 64bit versions of flash with or without the standard 32bit since most of firefox browsers are only 32 bit anyway. still no dice . the most perplexing thing is that it had been just fine the last time i tried turner classic on demand on that machine.  i did nothing at all to mess it up other than to update the items that showed up in the updater.

my linux 3¢ for now. i hope it gets ironed out i have learned about so many options on how to 'make flash movies' play in linux it usually takes me time to hit upon the proper current methodology.

john

#13 TCM CHAPP

TCM CHAPP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque NM USA

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:53 PM

By the way everyone, my son ( a network administrator) and I checked into this lagging issue on chrome cast (not to be confused with the chrome browser itself), and found that if the web site is owned by google or has an agreement with google it works fine. If a web site has no agreement LAG-LAG-LAG, and then disconnect. When connecting to YOU TUBE for example you will notice when you start casting the computer screen will stop playing yet TV screen will show video or movie. If you cast WATCH TCM to Chrome Cast you will notice computer screen and TV screen showing at same time only TV will lag and eventually disconnect. The long and short is Google apps or licensees stream while others encode redirect and lag. If you have a long HDMI cable and a HDMI cable port on the computer run the cable to TV and Watch TCM without lag on TV. Hope it helps!!! 

TCM CHAPP

TCM CHAPP

#14 KennyTD

KennyTD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:20 AM

I've used AdBlock for years and tcm.com was not working on Chrome.  I just whitelisted the tcm.com domain and now it works just fine.  I didn't have to restart the browser.  Thanks for the tip.

#15 TCM CHAPP

TCM CHAPP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:04 PM

Unfortunately, but this is an impossible "fix" for me, as I have never installed AdBlock on my installation of Chrome. In fact, I use Chrome only for WatchTCM and do not visit any other websites, so have not installed an add-ons.

Nonetheless, I can usually watch at most one or two movies each day before I get the "CheckAuth Error". (Sometimes it's because I stopped in the middle, or it was a short, or who knows? other times it doesn't work the first time, and I have to re-open the browser.) I also have never blocked ads, javascript, etc. on the TCM site on Firefox. (Furthermore, it stopped working in the middle of a movie in my instance, when I hadn't done anything one way or the other.)

I am inclined to think the internet/computer speed thing might be part of the cause, except - once again - mine stopped working in the middle of the movie when nothing had changed to my set-up or internet service or even the computer itself and I can stream a movie on Chrome while simultaneously unable to stream on Firefox.

(edited to adjust a few words to make it read more correctly)

I have Centurylink 12Mbps service. I went out today and bought Google chrome cast works although lags on Watch TCM , other apps work perfect!

TCM CHAPP

#16 Myke

Myke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:19 PM

It is possible that AdBlock is the culprit in this. I read what TCM CHAPP said and unblocked all pages on TCM.com and tried a random movie and it didn't load at first. I closed Google Chrome and reopened it and tried another movie and it works! For me at least. So, I guess turn off any ad blocking programs if you want to stream movies off TCM.com but I don't get why the program would interfere the streaming service? Anyway... thanks TCM CHAPP! 

#17 keri

keri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:44 PM

Hi everyone. I also had the blank screen no start problem in Google chrome, although Internet Explorer worked perfectly. I inspected the settings elements on both browsers and found Internet Explorer was not running an add blocker While Google Chrome was (ad blocker plus) I disabled ad blocker plus and bingo Google Chrome works!!! I hope this helps others. Thank all of you for posting you'r problems it helped with my trouble shooting. By the way Add Blocker Plus is the red stop sign at the right top of you'r tab click on it then click on enable it should change to disable, now chrome will work.

Unfortunately, but this is an impossible "fix" for me, as I have never installed AdBlock on my installation of Chrome. In fact, I use Chrome only for WatchTCM and do not visit any other websites, so have not installed an add-ons.

Nonetheless, I can usually watch at most one or two movies each day before I get the "CheckAuth Error". (Sometimes it's because I stopped in the middle, or it was a short, or who knows? other times it doesn't work the first time, and I have to re-open the browser.) I also have never blocked ads, javascript, etc. on the TCM site on Firefox. (Furthermore, it stopped working in the middle of a movie in my instance, when I hadn't done anything one way or the other.)

I am inclined to think the internet/computer speed thing might be part of the cause, except - once again - mine stopped working in the middle of the movie when nothing had changed to my set-up or internet service or even the computer itself and I can stream a movie on Chrome while simultaneously unable to stream on Firefox.

(edited to adjust a few words to make it read more correctly)

#18 gcyoung

gcyoung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:28 PM

Hi everyone. I also had the blank screen no start problem in Google chrome, although Internet Explorer worked perfectly. I inspected the settings elements on both browsers and found Internet Explorer was not running an add blocker While Google Chrome was (ad blocker plus) I disabled ad blocker plus and bingo Google Chrome works!!! I hope this helps others. Thank all of you for posting you'r problems it helped with my trouble shooting. By the way Add Blocker Plus is the red stop sign at the right top of you'r tab click on it then click on enable it should change to disable, now chrome will work.

This worked for me.  I had tried it initially, disabling just for the site, but maybe I had needed to restart the browser.  In any case, disabling the adblocker for www.tcm.com does seem to enable the video stream.  Thanks!

#19 TCM CHAPP

TCM CHAPP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:43 PM

• Myke likes this

TCM CHAPP

#20 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,914 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:45 PM

not working for me using Firefox either...... :(

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

0 user(s) are reading this topic