We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Watch TCM doesn't work on Google Chrome

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 gcyoung

gcyoung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:51 PM

Has not been working for me since sometime in April.  It plays in Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer or Chrome (blank player in both).  

I'm on Windows 8.1 Professional, with the latest Flash Player version 18.0.0.160, Core Video Player 2.4.3.1, and Container 2.0.5.1.  

My guess is that your player was updated some time in April and it horked various browsers.  I have had no problem with any other web pages playing videos, just TCM. 

TCM Tech Support, please feel free to contact me at the email address associated with my login here, if you'd like to debug this. 

#22 Myke

Myke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:12 PM

Still isn't working for me on desktop computer. I'm with Verizon FiOs with Google Version 43.0.2357.124 m. The media player shows a black screen with a play button and other buttons for volume and closed caption and that's it. I clicked on play and nothing's doing. It's as if there's a bug in trying to capture the film I'm trying to watch and that is ANY film.

#23 TEO

TEO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:32 AM

Note: Watch TCM works on this computer using the Internet Explorer browser, but not Chrome.  Would very much like to get it to work with Chrome so I can utilize the Chromecast device to view Watch TCM on the television.

#24 TEO

TEO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:19 PM

Windows 7, Google Chrome, Adobe Flashplayer all up to date.  When I try to sign-in to WatchTCM I get the following message:

Authentication Error

A timeout or configuration error caused this operation to fail. The error has been logged. Please try again.

Details: Show | Hide

Please help.

#25 keri

keri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:02 PM

I'm using Chrome and the feed just doesnt play. I switch to Firefox and it works fantastic. Only problem is that I have a chromecast and I wish to watch TCM on my TV to follow along with the Summer of Darkness Marathon 

It's the exact opposite for me! Five minutes ago, I tried to watch http://www.tcm.com/w...449/Dance-Hall/ on Firefox (which hasn't worked for me since April, and stopped in the middle of a movie, which is the oddest part), but I'd seen your post here and downloaded Chrome today. Wouldn't you know, that movie is playing RIGHT NOW in the other window on the same laptop, but I only get the black screen in the WatchTCM tab on Firefox.

It occurs to me that I had been using WatchTCM on my laptop with the Firefox browser for about a year when it stopped working.

Also, the WatchTCM app on my phone works using my house wifi even when my Firefox browser doesn't, using the same house wifi, so I can't imagine it's my laptop's connection (especially since I now see that Chrome does work, at the same time that Firefox doesn't).

#26 TheJustWise

TheJustWise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:02 PM

I'm using Chrome and the feed just doesnt play. I switch to Firefox and it works fantastic. Only problem is that I have a chromecast and I wish to watch TCM on my TV to follow along with the Summer of Darkness Marathon 

#27 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 386 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

Thank you for the info, bevo. I'm passing it along, and will post with any updates. 

#28 bevo

bevo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:10 AM

For those of you using the TCM app for Android, can you please let me know exactly what type of device you are using, and is it all up to date? Also, when did any problems start, after the update, or were you already experiencing issues? 

For those who are having trouble with the authentification issue when trying to watch on a computer (desktop, laptop), please let me know what browsers you have tried (and what version), and if you've tried multiple times. This appears to be more of an issue with a users internet connection, but we are still continuing to look at the problem.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 that is up to date. I believe my problems started in late April. App worked great up till then. Now it quits in playback. Usually the screen goes dark with audio playing. If I back out, reselect and restart movie, find the scene where it quit, I can watch for another 10 minutes or so and then it happens again. Sometimes it won't start back up unless I go back to scratch and open the app. Not a pleasant viewing experience to say the least. Youtube, HBO To Go, Watch ESPN, etc. work fine. I want Watch TCM back. Please help.

#29 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:15 PM

For those of you using the TCM app for Android, can you please let me know exactly what type of device you are using, and is it all up to date? Also, when did any problems start, after the update, or were you already experiencing issues? 

For those who are having trouble with the authentification issue when trying to watch on a computer (desktop, laptop), please let me know what browsers you have tried (and what version), and if you've tried multiple times. This appears to be more of an issue with a users internet connection, but we are still continuing to look at the problem. 

#30 bevo

bevo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:51 AM

It can easily be fixed if TCM reverse the last App update and post bach the older App. The last update only work properly on Android 4.4. Anybody who used to watch TCM on android 4.3 and lowew started having problem because their media( tablet, phone, etc) auto update on all Apps. The latest update killed it for viewers who have Android OS older than Android 4.4.

Hang the App developers.

Late April is when it started for me. I think swabyw has the solution. The app is just about useless as it is now for me on my Galaxy Tablet.

#31 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for all your replies. I'm going to pass this info on up, and I'll keep you posted.  

#32 nanzucar

nanzucar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:56 AM

My Chrome for TCM stopped working about 2 weeks ago, but works on Internet Explorer. 

I thought it was the plugin and it still could be...I disabled Adobe plugin and it lets me sign in now, but I cannot watch video. 

I tried to update pepflashplayer...but don't know if I did it correctly --- it says out of process.

Just a little info of what I have found. 

Any fixes yet? I am just now coming in on the discussion. 

Thanks,

N

#33 Myke

Myke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:54 AM

It's having issue again. Black screen as of now.

Google Chrome up to latest update via desktop computer. Tried to watch Chimes at Midnight and Casablanca but it's just a black screen. When you hover the mouse pointer over the black screen there's a play button and audio options and I clicked on play and nothing's doing.

#34 swabyw

swabyw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

It can easily be fixed if TCM reverse the last App update and post bach the older App. The last update only work properly on Android 4.4. Anybody who used to watch TCM on android 4.3 and lowew started having problem because their media( tablet, phone, etc) auto update on all Apps. The latest update killed it for viewers who have Android OS older than Android 4.4.

Hang the App developers.

#35 bobkat13

bobkat13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:03 AM

Hello

For anyone having this problem, can you please tell me if this happens all the time, or is there a certain time of day this occurs?  Does it happen with all movies, or just particular ones?

Can you also tell me what broswers (and what version) you've been having this problem with? 

I had been having this issue, then it stopped for awhile. For the past week or so, I haven't been able to view on Chrome or Firefox. Both of my laptops are HP2000, one of them less than a month old. I mostly try to watch in late afternoon thru until 8, when I watch on a regular TV. I get the Auth time out message.

#36 keri

keri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

Hello

For anyone having this problem, can you please tell me if this happens all the time, or is there a certain time of day this occurs?  Does it happen with all movies, or just particular ones?

Can you also tell me what broswers (and what version) you've been having this problem with? 

1. Any time of day, every day of the week since April 10 for me. I've tried 3am and midnight and 10am and 2pm and 5pm and 7pm...

2. Every movie I try to watch with WatchTCM.

3. I'm using the latest version of Firefox, and in fact made sure it was updated. Also have checked that I haven't inadvertently blocked important javascript and that my Adobe Flashplayer is up to date.

It stopped working in the middle of a movie and hasn't worked since.

#37 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:23 AM

Hello

• bobkat13 likes this

#38 keri

keri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:22 PM

It's now been 3+ weeks since I've been able to use WatchTCM on my laptop (Firefox browser), and the part that is really confusing is that it stopped iN THE MIDDLE OF A MOVIE three weeks ago, with 5 minutes left. Sometimes that happens because my laptop's wifi adaptor is really crappy and decides it doesn't want to work for a bit, but refreshing the page did nothing and I haven't been able to stream anything since.

In response to the October mod post about the issue:

I just get the black screen right before the video loads and the status bar says "transferring data from www.tcm.com" until it just stops. It's taken me a while to even get google to cough up this forum thread because it's kind of an obscure problem, and I've tried every other suggestion for broken flash player/streaming, but of course as far as I can tell it's JUST the WatchTCM (I don't watch anything else, except YouTube which has HTML5 turned on...). I've tried closing my browser, restarting the computer, just about everything I could think of.

I also use XFinity, but can play movies just fine using the WatchTCM app on my Android phone (except 2 weeks ago when it was broken, but they fixed it within a day or two). I have to use closed captioning, so watching on my tiny phone is a pretty miserable experience.

#39 bobkat13

bobkat13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:51 PM

Ginny,

This issue has been resolved for me. I have an HP 2000, and my provider is Xfinity as well. Most times it works just fine. I hope it gets resolved for you too. Good luck!

#40 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:36 PM

Count me in on this problem. I can't get watch TCM to work using either my home PC or my laptop. I'm getting the Check auth timeout error using both Firefox and Chrome. 

My laptop is a little ASUS Transformer Book T100TAF. I have xfinity for my provider.

I was able to use the android app previously on a tablet not recommended for Watch TCM and I'm a little surprised that moving to a Windows based 2 in 1 would be a problem.

virginiaweidler.net and the Virginia Weidler Remembrance Society

Your places for all things Ginny!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users