We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Watch TCM doesn't work on Google Chrome

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 ginsterc

ginsterc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

Hi I can't view Movies on Demand on either Internet Explorer or Chrome.  I click on any given movie and the screen is black and then I eventually get an checkauthorization timeout message.  This has been going on for months.

Please let me know when this is fixed.

Thank you.

Ginny

• 1g2th3 likes this

#42 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:09 PM

Apparently this is a known issue acknowledged by Xfinity and Adobe Pass.  On a techie side, for some users, the time it takes for the auth window to complete is leaving users in a state of limbo that results in the eventual auth error and timeout, which may not always occur, it’s dependent on user’s connection and auth time via Adobe Pass.

How about Dish Network users?  We're getting the same consistent error.

#43 VonRecktofen

VonRecktofen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:57 AM

Yes, same here in New Jersey, with Infinity Comcast and Google Chrome, won't allow Watch TCM to boot on demand video of films....I get the CheckAuthZ Timeout screen, and then nothing...

Any chance this will be resolved before all the Halloween Classic films are gone for the season?

Technology is great....when it works!

Franz in NJ

#44 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

An update to this issue:

We’re looking for possible solutions and ask you to please continue to test this if you can.  Please report the time of day when this is occurring and if its occurring consistently. If the auth process takes too much time, over 20 seconds w/o completing, I’d recommend closing the window and try again. Until resolved, I’d also recommend using another browser.

Apparently this is a known issue acknowledged by Xfinity and Adobe Pass.  On a techie side, for some users, the time it takes for the auth window to complete is leaving users in a state of limbo that results in the eventual auth error and timeout, which may not always occur, it’s dependent on user’s connection and auth time via Adobe Pass.

#45 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

Hello,

I am also seeing the same issue using Chrome.  Updating the tech team with this information in case they are not already working on it.

#46 belletoffee

belletoffee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:09 PM

I am also experiencing this problem; Watch TCM has been working fine through Google Chrome, and for the first time today the videos wouldn't play and a "checkAuthZ timeout" message appeared. Managed to get around it by using a different browser, but it is inconvenient. Hope this gets resolved soon! Thanks. 

#47 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 368 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

We have noticed this error too and have the tech team working on it.  No resolution yet unfortunately.

• bobkat13 likes this

#48 patrickjames

patrickjames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:02 PM

Greetings TCM Message Board,

I have had problems for the last two weeks using on demand with my Google Chrome. I love to watch TCM On Demand and until recently have had no problems viewing using the Chrome. I am however ready to give it up now as I just do not have the patience any longer to keep at it with no hope of success playing a film. I have failed to load and play a film for almost 2 weeks. I get the check authorization time out alert with each movie I try loading. I never had this problem in the past...going back to the launch of the service.  My MacBook computer plays TCM On Demand without problems (13" screen!). With my Chrome I have the Chromecast device that allows me to view the movies on my large Sony TV which is just like watching TCM live. Perhaps I should just use the MacBook...I am sure they have some device that would allow me to watch on the big screen, I just don't know what that device is.

To the moderator:

Is there a way to fix this problem? Do I just go for the MacBook solution and forget the Chrome?

I would appreciate any help.

Patrick

#49 bobkat13

bobkat13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

I have let our internal tech team know about this latest issue.  

Thank you!

#50 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 368 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

I have let our internal tech team know about this latest issue.  

• bobkat13 likes this

#51 bobkat13

bobkat13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

I am still having the same issue with Google Chrome, getting the checkAuthZ timeout.  My flashplayer is also up to date.  I get black screen, no sound, and that message.  I have tried it on every computer in the house.  Supplier is Xfinity thru Comcast.  Any suggestions?

#52 thelamplightersserenade

thelamplightersserenade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

I'm not exactly sure how to work forums, but I haven't been able to work Watch TCM on Google Chrome either. Every time I try to watch a video, it loads the play button, but then it just stays on a black screen when clicked. Eventually, it gives me a pop up box that says, "checkAuthZ timeout". Then it doesn't load at all. 

It doesn't matter what computer I use, its always only Chrome. Mozilla and Internet Explorer work fine, but why not Chrome? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? 

(As a note, I have tried watching Three Godfathers, Waterloo Bridge, Blow-Up and Another Thin Man, all of which have done the thing mentioned above). 

#53 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

Watch TCM is fixed now, sorry for the delay!

#54 zipper

zipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

Myke

Its not your system. Im having problems getting the on-demand movies to work too. See the next topic...

i emailed TCM and they said theyd look into it and get back to us

#55 Myke

Myke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

Or at least I can't get any one of the movies to play except for the one that's playing LIVE.

I have Windows 7, I have the latest Google Chrome update and Adobe Flashplayer update. I played a movie and there's a black screen. No sound or nothing. 

• bobkat13 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users