We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

checkAuthZ timeout error

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 johnniedoo

johnniedoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:59 AM

i just got this exact error message using GoogleChrome. I had to quit the browser and i was then able to get the movie to play. I had previously watched a movie no trouble in chrome. never got this error in FF. Or,not yet.  I tend to like chrome better these days. when i quit chrome browser after not being able to get a movie to play and getting above error msg each time, i cleared out the cache and removed all the cookies that chrome always stores up. maybe that helped too.. i ran superantispyware free ware

#2 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

Same problem as loafuer describes -- just can't watch TCM on-demand movies in Chrome.  (Actually I believe it worked once briefly in Chrome two days ago, out of about 20 attempts covering all times of day.)

We are Dish Network subscribers, for what it is worth.  Also, we are running Windows 8.  But from the sound of it in another thread, it's not related to our system or login:

http://forums.tcm.co...e/#entry1034043

Would love to be able to use our new Chromecast!

• johnniedoo likes this

#3 loafuer

loafuer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:09 PM

I have also been experiencing this problem using Google Chrome. I get the timeout at all times of day and haven't been able to watch a movie On Demand using Chrome for several months (it did work at one point–maybe last winter or spring is the last time I remember using it successfully). I use AT&T U-verse and am on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.9.4.

The livestream works 100% of the time on the sidebar of TCM.com. I have much less success getting it to work from the link on Watch TCM, although it does work occassionally if I refresh the page enough times.

I uploaded a gallery of screenshots to show exactly what happens step-by-step.

I've never had a problem with Watch TCM using Firefox, but as a Chromecast user I'm anxious for the service to work on Chrome again.

#4 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:36 AM

It is helpful for the process to know if it is occurring with only one browser or all.  The more information the tech team has on issues like this, the quicker they can track it down and fix it.

#5 Charles Morrow

Charles Morrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:10 PM

Since the problem started on Thursday I've attempted to use Watch TCM at various times of day, and I've tried several different movies, but this checkAuthZ timeout issue is happening consistently.

When you say use another browser, you mean access Watch TCM via Internet Explorer, or something like that? I use Google Chrome for everything else, and -- up until a few days ago -- it was fine for Watch TCM. Why has the situation changed?

#6 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

Hello,

Would you please give us some more information so we can try and replicate this better:

Time of day when this is occurring

Is it occurring consistently.

Is it only happening with certain movies?

If the auth process takes too much time, over 20 seconds w/o completing, we'd recommend you close the window and try again.

Until resolved, we'd also recommend using another browser.

#7 Charles Morrow

Charles Morrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:54 PM

Up until today I've been able to watch movies on Watch TCM via Google Chrome, but this afternoon I encountered the same problem described above, by others: a box pops up that says checkAuthZ timeout and the screen stays blank. So what do I do now?

#8 VonRecktofen

VonRecktofen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:40 AM

Yes, this still happens with Google Chrome/Comcast-Xfinity combination....

Can't watch anything from Watch TCM On Demand on Google chrome browser, which is nice to use with Chromecast to wirelessly broadcast to larger TV display...

Very Frustrating!

Franz in NJ

#9 mike885

mike885

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

I've been trying from tcm.com/watchtcm

I just tried it from the right column of tcm.com, but got the same error message.

#10 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 397 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

Hello,

Would you check something for me please.  Are you trying to watch it on TCM.com right rail column or on TCM.com/watchtcm?

We had an xfinity issue on TCM.com homepage but it’s been resolved.

#11 mike885

mike885

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

I have not been able to watch TCM On Demand on my computer for the last couple weeks.  It sits for 30 seconds or so, then pops up a box that says "checkAuthZ timeout".  It happens on both the Chrome and Firefox browsers, and on all movies.

This only happens when I try to watch via the PC browser.  The Android app still works fine on my tablet, but I would rather watch these movies on my PC's larger screen.

I have an Xfinity account, the same as another user who complained about the checkAuthZ error.  Just a guess, maybe your programmers are querying Comcast for authorization, and aren't allowing enough time?  Or not querying the right place?  As I said, the tablet app works fine, so I know I'm giving a valid account ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users