We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Wanted: 1930 Ann Harding, Mary Astor "Holiday"! :-)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,953 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:23 AM

Oh yes. I've ordered it a couple of months ago & it is terrific. Wonderful! :) 

Good deal! I've been curious about whether Edward Everett Horton's performance varied much between the two versions. I believe he played the same role in both.

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#2 Greeneb2

Greeneb2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationEvanston, Illinois

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:36 PM

Glad you located a copy of it. Hopefully you'll drop by later and let us know if you enjoyed it!

Oh yes. I've ordered it a couple of months ago & it is terrific. Wonderful! :) 

• TopBilled likes this

#3 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,953 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

Log unto www.20thcenturyvintage.biz. It's located in Connecticut. I've just found it & purchased a DVD of the 1930 version of Holiday. Good Luck & Enjoy. :) 

Glad you located a copy of it. Hopefully you'll drop by later and let us know if you enjoyed it!

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#4 Greeneb2

Greeneb2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:08 PM

Hi!

If anyone has a copy of Philip Barry's Holiday (1930, with Ann Harding, Mary Astor, Robert Ames), please notify me. I'm fascinated with seeing this rare version on a DVD. Thanks! :)  

Log unto www.20thcenturyvintage.biz. It's located in Connecticut. I've just found it & purchased a DVD of the 1930 version of Holiday. Good Luck & Enjoy. :) 

• TopBilled likes this

#5 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,953 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Horton was in the play and both versions playing the same character.   While that is odd to a degree the number of years between the two movie versions was only 7 to 8 years.

Didn't realize he was in the play as well. Thanks for the info!

Horton really didn't age much. Though he's a bit grayer in a 1962 episode of TV's Dennis the Menace, he hasn't changed much at that point, either.

#6 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:56 PM

I think Edward Everett Horton is in both versions.

Horton was in the play and both versions playing the same character.   While that is odd to a degree the number of years between the two movie versions was only 7 to 8 years.

#7 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,953 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

I would also like to see the Harding \ Astor version of Holiday.   The Grant \ Hepburn version of Holiday is one of my favorite films.

I think Edward Everett Horton is in both versions.

#8 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

I'd like to see this version, too. I've been curious about it for a long time. Love both these great actresses.

I would also like to see the Harding \ Astor version of Holiday.   The Grant \ Hepburn version of Holiday is one of my favorite films.

#9 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,953 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:41 PM

I'd like to see this version, too. I've been curious about it for a long time. Love both these great actresses.

#10 Greeneb2

Greeneb2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

Hi!

If anyone has a copy of Philip Barry's Holiday (1930, with Ann Harding, Mary Astor, Robert Ames), please notify me. I'm fascinated with seeing this rare version on a DVD. Thanks! :)  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users