We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Classic Film Festival

classic film festival

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lzcutter

lzcutter

Riding Point

• Moderators
  • 12,320 posts
  • LocationCity of the Angels- San Fernando Valley division

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:45 AM

Any idea why the 2015 film festival is in march instead of april ? I really want to go but don't know if I'd fit in. I'm kind of a dufus old country boy from South Dakota.

OBJ,

Welcome to the boards!  It may be because April is a busy time for movie premieres at Grauman's and the El Capitan here in the City of Angels. Studios often premiere their May blockbusters in April prior to a film's May release date.

TCM typically books Grauman's, most of the smaller Chinese theaters in the multiplex, the Egyptian and the El Cap for four days of the Festival.

Also, the Roosevelt Hotel and its bookings may also have been a factor.

But, no matter what, if you want to attend, I highly encourage you to do so!  One of the best things about the Festival is being able to hang out and talk with movie lovers from around the country and around the world!

You will make new friends and be surrounded by people who love classic films as much as you do while getting the opportunity to see films on the big screen and listen to people connected to the films talk about them. 

Doesn't get any better than that!

Hope to see you there!

"Movies touch our hearts and awaken our vision, and change the way we see things. They take us to other places, they open doors and minds. Movies are the memories of our life times, we need to keep them alive,"- Marty Scorsese

#2 OBJ

OBJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:12 AM

Any idea why the 2015 film festival is in march instead of april ? I really want to go but don't know if I'd fit in. I'm kind of a dufus old country boy from South Dakota.

"Those whom heaven helps we call the sons of heaven. They do not learn this by learning. They do not work it by working. They do not reason it by using reason. To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment. Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven" Chuang Tse: XXIII

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users