We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

How to post a pic in easy steps, with pics!

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#21 spence

spence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:22 PM

Is there any poss way you can install that "A Guy Named Joe"-(or "Black Rock" mainly) from your end?

See, for some strange reason "The Paste" button will not work?

#22 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Bonded

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • LocationXanth

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:21 PM

Is there any poss way you can install that "A Guy Named Joe"-(or "Black Rock" mainly) from your end?

What part can't you do?!?!? Other than answer questions? :angry:

#23 spence

spence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:18 PM

#24 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Bonded

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • LocationXanth

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

DARN-IT, I STILL CAN'T DO THIS THING? & YOU HAVE (3) IMAGES OF *TRACY UP THERE NOW AS WELL I like the one w/bomber jacket the best of the lot

Any of "Black Rock?"

Why can't you do it? He's made it as easy as possible. What part confuses you?

#25 spence

spence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:14 PM

DARN-IT, I STILL CAN'T DO THIS THING? & YOU HAVE (3) IMAGES OF *TRACY UP THERE NOW AS WELL I like the one w/bomber jacket the best of the lot

Any of "Black Rock?"

Is it (KidNab?) I've been trying for about 15 minutes now & still nothing?

Plus, this is a state of the art computer Windows 10

#26 spence

spence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:10 PM

Any of "Black Rock?"
  • spence likes this

#27 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

AGAIN & TO ANYBODY,  PLEASE HELP!  I still cannot install whats I think called my "AVATAR" Image???

You know for my profile

For some reason it seems just too tedious?

Now, I know my way around the internet very well, but the 1 thing is "posting pix"

Even on other website's too

THANX

What picture do you want to use for your avatar? You know... Bogart, Mitchum, Bette Davis, Spencer Tracy..?

Try one of these

dpPAHch.jpg

Copy me                           or...         Copy me                           or...        Copy me

OKm0By2.jpg

• GregoryPeckfan likes this

FdX2C0H.gif

#28 spence

spence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:48 PM

AGAIN & TO ANYBODY,  PLEASE HELP!  I still cannot install whats I think called my "AVATAR" Image???

You know for my profile

For some reason it seems just too tedious?

Now, I know my way around the internet very well, but the 1 thing is "posting pix"

Even on other website's too

THANX

(jeffshannon50@gmail.com)

#29 slaytonf

slaytonf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:56 AM

I was trying to post a picture, but it didn't work.  I don't really know why since I have been copying pictures and posting them in other places, but I haven't been able to on this website.  I can post video clips though.

If the pictures are on another site, see the original post of this thread.  If they are on your computer, see below:

You can upload files from your computer using the attach files option:

ionn69.png

The image appears as a thumbnail on your post, which readers can click on.  This appears when you  make a reply.  If you quote a post, you have to click on more reply options button to attach files:

2rr2pfr.png

Seems a little confusing to me.  Maybe they didn't realize the complexity when they redesigned the site.

Can't tell you what to do about Flickr.  Do your images have addresses?  If so, see the first post in this thread.  If not, you will have to upload them to a site like tinypic.  Then you can insert them into your post with the Image icon.

#30 starliteyes

starliteyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,518 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:44 PM

I was trying to post a picture, but it didn't work.  I don't really know why since I have been copying pictures and posting them in other places, but I haven't been able to on this website.  I can post video clips though.

#31 slaytonf

slaytonf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:08 PM

Just testing.

Forget it; it didn't work.

What were you trying to do?

#32 starliteyes

starliteyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,518 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:42 AM

Just testing.

Forget it; it didn't work.

#33 scsu1975

scsu1975

Tor B the Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,388 posts
  • LocationEd Wood movie

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:32 PM

I don't get it. I've been trying to post a customized photo from my iPhone,to be my profile picture. No matter what size I make it...it doesn't load. I'm guessing this is a format issue with the site and IOS?

Check here:

http://forums.tcm.co...rofile-picture/

• Chris Pierce likes this

I'm a big boy.

#34 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,482 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:29 PM

I don't get it. I've been trying to post a customized photo from my iPhone,to be my profile picture. No matter what size I make it...it doesn't load. I'm guessing this is a format issue with the site and IOS?

I think it could be an issue with the IOS since you already understand the size limitation.   Good luck  (oh, and welcome to the site!).

• Chris Pierce likes this

#35 Chris Pierce

Chris Pierce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:15 PM

#36 slaytonf

slaytonf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:24 PM

You can upload files from your computer using the attach files option:

ionn69.png

The image appears as a thumbnail on your post, which readers can click on.  This appears when you  make a reply.  If you quote a post, you have to click on more reply options button to attach files:

2rr2pfr.png

Seems a little confusing to me.  Maybe they didn't realize the complexity when they redesigned the site.

Can't tell you what to do about Flickr.  Do your images have addresses?  If so, see the first post in this thread.  If not, you will have to upload them to a site like tinypic.  Then you can insert them into your post with the Image icon.

#37 AndyM108

AndyM108

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,195 posts
  • LocationKensington, MD

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:21 AM

Is there a way to post a picture from one's Flickr page, or from a Word document file?  Using the image tab doesn't seem to work in either of those cases.

From my Flickr page, all I get is this when I paste the URL into the image box:  A message reading

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

(BTW what does that message even mean?  It's my own Flickr page, and the image is the farthest thing from "adult" in content.)

And when I copy the image from my Word file, I get nothing when I try to paste it here.  It seems I remember being able to do that a year or so ago, but not lately.

#38 slaytonf

slaytonf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

Ahhh. . . .back on top.

#39 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,911 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:45 AM

just a test

Attached Files

#40 starliteyes

starliteyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,518 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

This is a test.  I've been wanting to know how to post a video clip, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right.  Anyway, here goes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users