We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

How to post a pic in easy steps, with pics!

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 SansFin

SansFin

U. S. Citizen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:14 AM

Hmm...  Didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to.  Should have been full size.

It will at all times appear as thumbnail when the image is uploaded to the forum from your computer. It may be viewed in full size by clicking on that thumbnail.

You must use a different image hosting site and post its url there for it to appear as full size in the forum. We mostly use imgur because it is free and easy to use.

• LittleAbner likes this

My Avatar: Little girl ghost from "義足のMoses"

Russian nesting dolls are full of themselves.

#42 LittleAbner

LittleAbner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:42 AM

Hmm...  Didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to.  Should have been full size.

#43 LittleAbner

LittleAbner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:21 AM

Attached File  10170800_773233702713013_591220717572483536_n.jpg   57.11KB   14 downloads

#44 SansFin

SansFin

U. S. Citizen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:00 AM

I'm having a problem figuring out how to post a picture.  Sorry.

I made a post describing the process visually on November 12, 2014. You will have to go back a page in this thread to find it. This is to upload images from your computer to TCM forum directly. 

I will be happy to answer any questions which you may have concerning the method.

My Avatar: Little girl ghost from "義足のMoses"

Russian nesting dolls are full of themselves.

#45 LittleAbner

LittleAbner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:29 PM

I'm having a problem figuring out how to post a picture.  Sorry.

#46 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:03 PM

You can go to your name at the top of the page here, click it, select My Settings, select Manage Attachments in the left column. This will tell you how much you've used and how much you have left. Scroll down to see all of your posted attachments - you can delete them all from this page.

Fascinating! I had already deleted a lot, after your last post. Still a few more -- it's must easier to delete from the location that you pointed me to, rather than in each post. Thanks!

#47 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:54 PM

Ah, I  think I understand what you mean! So as individual posters, we have a maximum allotment. Since I started the "... Home Town Photos" thread, it makes sense that I may have used up my maximum allotment, since the point of that thread was to post our own photos, we which took.  I will start deleting former posts in that section, and see what happens. Thanks, Kid!

You can go to your name at the top of the page here, click it, select My Settings, select Manage Attachments in the left column. This will tell you how much you've used and how much you have left. Scroll down to see all of your posted attachments - you can delete them all from this page.

FdX2C0H.gif

#48 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

Just had a thought, Swithin. When you say "post from your computer", are you attempting to post them as full photos, or as attachments to your post - as you would an email?

I noticed in your "Hometown Photos" thread, your posting them as thumbnail attachments. There is a limit on these here. The limit is 3MB. You can post many small images, or a handful of large images, but the total bytes puts a cap on our posting. I started a thread on this many months ago (April 28, 2014 - nearly a full year ago) and it has never been addressed, so I just post web images, or my own which I have run through a web photo hosting site to obtain a postable URL.

One other work-around you may wish to use; it involves deleting previous thumbnails to free up space for posting new thumbnails. This pretty much renders your earlier posts useless - that's why I don't use this method.

See the original post here:

http://forums.tcm.co...ed-attachments/

Ah, I  think I understand what you mean! So as individual posters, we have a maximum allotment. Since I started the "... Home Town Photos" thread, it makes sense that I may have used up my maximum allotment, since the point of that thread was to post our own photos, we which took.  I will start deleting former posts in that section, and see what happens. Thanks, Kid!

#49 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

Just had a thought, Swithin. When you say "post from your computer", are you attempting to post them as full photos, or as attachments to your post - as you would an email?

I noticed in your "Hometown Photos" thread, your posting them as thumbnail attachments. There is a limit on these here. The limit is 3MB. You can post many small images, or a handful of large images, but the total bytes puts a cap on our posting. I started a thread on this many months ago (April 28, 2014 - nearly a full year ago) and it has never been addressed, so I just post web images, or my own which I have run through a web photo hosting site to obtain a postable URL.

One other work-around you may wish to use; it involves deleting previous thumbnails to free up space for posting new thumbnails. This pretty much renders your earlier posts useless - that's why I don't use this method.

See the original post here:

http://forums.tcm.co...ed-attachments/

FdX2C0H.gif

#50 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:10 AM

I seem to have lost the ability to post photos from my computer -- not from the Internet, which I can do fine. I started the "TCM Board Members Home Town Photos" thread a while back. Every time I try to post, no matter how I resize the photo, I get the message that it's too large. I pm'd the moderator for advice, but got no response.

Any ideas?

#51 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,462 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

I thought that is the nuclear facility we are selling the Iranians to keep them happy. It looks so realistic, lol.

hey, it's the irwin allen future where everything is simplified.

imagine using one of them control rod props as a big ol' lightsabre. :D

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#52 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:25 AM

my current wallpaper...

admiral nelson pulling out the control rods on the seaview's reactor pile.

1623ak9.jpg

I can't help it if I love radiation. :)

I thought that is the nuclear facility we are selling the Iranians to keep them happy. It looks so realistic, lol.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

#53 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,462 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:23 PM

my current wallpaper...

admiral nelson pulling out the control rods on the seaview's reactor pile.

1623ak9.jpg

I can't help it if I love radiation. :)

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#54 Stephan55

Stephan55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:57 AM

Error deleted

"We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?"  "...They're probably watching me..."

I have been told that I have a tendency toward verbosity.

#55 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

289e616a638cf84eaa333a87e11501c6a72a4818

Dancing sharks, getting the bite out.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

#56 Big_Bopper

Big_Bopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:32 PM

Let me tell you that it

bluebeard2.jpg

hurt so bad..................

and 

le-masque-de-dijon.jpg

it is gunna be great having a pic option

to tell you all true facts to replace the obligatory rubbish that is

general discussions

having a pic option is TERRORIFIC!  A New Type of Thrill!

TCM with Facts!  Now that is something worth striving for.

Facts that put the immature jerks into a frenzy of immature jerkiness.

#57 Big_Bopper

Big_Bopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

Locking a thread means the truth about my situation was too much.  If I could post pics why would I start a thread about not being able to?  & just by coincidence as soon as I tell everybody my pic option was blocked - it became unblocked!  I call that a billion to one possibility.

My take is My thread <<<Edgar G. Ulmer: Bluebeard >>> was not accepted well & as punishment my pic was blocked TO PREVENT me from posting another film history thread which was Lew Landers: Mask of Diijon.  when no pics were allowed on this thread it became quite obvious the Bluebeard history was tough to swallow.

Locking a thread is taking the low road which amounts to the same difference as blocking pics.  An attempt to control the truth from leaking onto the board.  Can't have people understanding facts.

So we're back to Too Much Rubbish on here (By Design).  

general

garbage-can-tbdstaff-1019_606.jpg

discussions

#58 Big_Bopper

Big_Bopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

tumblr_mnhicm1M7e1s01qkyo1_400.gif

one hell of a victrola for 1932.  it repeats the same phrase when you try the door handle.

#59 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,825 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:29 PM

Are you posting copywritten material?     One needs permission for that.    This is a nation founded on the concept of personal property rights.

Well, except when the issue of "eminent domain" is involved, James!

(...doncha love it when I do this lawyer shtick here?) ;)

tumblr_lrn4tzkg8J1qckyfto1_1280.png

LOL

#60 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,281 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:16 PM

Big Bopper is not allowed to post a pic to illustrate points about movies.  Until yesterday (thur) Big Bopper was posting pics for

THE HIGH COMMAND 1938 film

FURCHT 1917 film

CHILD'S PLAY 1972 film

and in these instances, the photos help stimulate conversation.  none of the pics are objectionable or feature nudity etc. 

I am now being punished for doing nothing.  My CHILD'S PLAY post on the James Mason thread was removed entirely.  Again it had nothing but information ABOUT MOVIES!

So wutz duh beef?

Are you posting copywritten material?     One needs permission for that.    This is a nation founded on the concept of personal property rights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users