We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Wanted: Dead or Alive & Death Valley Days come to Encore

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,556 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

Okay!  Now if we could just get Zane Grey Theater and Tales of Wells Fargo we'd be all set.

I agree...I'd like to see Zane Grey Theater on Encore. I think it would fit in perfectly! I was glad they discontinued the one-hour episodes of Gunsmoke, because we already have it on Me-TV and TVLand (with commercials, of course). I do love the half hour Marshall Dillon installments and Encore is the only place they can be seen.

For the most part, the schedule for classic TV westerns looks rather impressive come January!

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#22 wouldbestar

wouldbestar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

Okay!  Now if we could just get Zane Grey Theater and Tales of Wells Fargo we'd be all set.

#23 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,556 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

MeTV already shows this on Saturdays but it will be good to see it without commercials. I went through the whole series on DVD and I thought it was a pretty good show. 

Any idea what is being dropped?

It looks like the one-hour version of Gunsmoke is getting the boot. And Have Gun Will Travel is going to take a rest.

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#24 movieman1957

movieman1957

Chris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,581 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis MD

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:45 AM

MeTV already shows this on Saturdays but it will be good to see it without commercials. I went through the whole series on DVD and I thought it was a pretty good show. 

Any idea what is being dropped?

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. 

G. Marx.

#25 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,556 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:23 AM

Starting in the new year:

imgres44.jpg

Encore Westerns Channel will be airing Steve McQueen's series Wanted: Dead or Alive, as well as Ronald Reagan in Death Valley Days. Wanted kicks off on January 1st at noon with a 24-episode marathon. The next day, Death Valley Days starts at its regularly scheduled afternoon time. Both shows will air two episodes daily Monday thru Friday, with a repeated episode on Saturdays.

imgres-117.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users