We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

"The Manitou"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,252 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:58 PM

I saw The Manitou when it came out. I don't know if I'm remembering it correctly, but I think there was a scene where Tony Curtis throws a typewriter at the Manitou and says, "Take that, Manitou!"

#2 TheGayDivorcee

TheGayDivorcee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
  • LocationThe Golden State

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:39 PM

Somehow I've missed out on the Morlock blog--great review.  This movie was an unexpected treat and perfect for a late Saturday night.  Such a great cast and oddball story.  

Now and then (at least!) I'm guilty of "over-sharing," so removed something I maybe shouldn't have said.

It's a hard world for little things.

#3 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:19 AM

morlock blog on "The Manitou" that aired 12-13

http://moviemorlocks...978/#more-80219

The_Manitou_-_1978_-_Poster.png

• TheGayDivorcee likes this