We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Should be in Now Playing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HomesoulM

HomesoulM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:20 AM

I always frustrated when I miss one of those shorts. Hope it could be in Now Playing.

#2 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,235 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:21 PM

It would be nice to know when certain shorts are scheduled so that they could be captured as part of a movie being recorded. There are some that I have seen only from the middle and would like to view the whole thing. (I.e., there was one about Robert Young that I've only seen part of and would like to see it in full.)

I agree. Most of the ones I manage to see are ones I 'accidentally' get, because they air right after the feature films I record.

Welcome to the TCM message boards, missrhea!

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#3 missrhea

missrhea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:47 AM

It would be nice to know when certain shorts are scheduled so that they could be captured as part of a movie being recorded. There are some that I have seen only from the middle and would like to view the whole thing. (I.e., there was one about Robert Young that I've only seen part of and would like to see it in full.)

#4 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,715 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM

Just discovered this sub-forum.  Great fan of the Traveltalks series, the Robert Benchleys and some of the others.

While I can go on TCM and puruse the schedule to find the shorts, I really don't like having to do that.

Why can't they list the shorts in Now Playing?  They provide the list days in advance to the carriers as they list them in their information systems?

Actually why can't they run Traveltalks in blocks of a couple of hours periodically, Saturday mornings for example?

I assume you're not really asking 'why can't they' since of course they can,  but instead you're making a 'I wish they would' statement.

As I pointed out in the other thread about 'shorts',  these are used to fill time so that movies can start closer to the hour or half-hour.   With that purpose in mind it wouldn't make sense to use these shorts as standard type programming. 

#5 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

Just discovered this sub-forum.  Great fan of the Traveltalks series, the Robert Benchleys and some of the others.

While I can go on TCM and puruse the schedule to find the shorts, I really don't like having to do that.

Why can't they list the shorts in Now Playing?  They provide the list days in advance to the carriers as they list them in their information systems?

Actually why can't they run Traveltalks in blocks of a couple of hours periodically, Saturday mornings for example?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users