We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Some "Like This" notices aren't showing up

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

Alright. I just got a red flag notification and the "like" was really there and all is well again in Dabbsville.

Musta' been a glitch.

FdX2C0H.gif

#2 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:19 PM

We get the notices, but when we go to the post, there are no names listed in front of "Like This".

Currently, I'm having the opposite problem: I've noticed a new "[name] likes this" on

one of my recent posts, but I'm not getting a notification of it.

There's no red flag, and no notice when I click on the icon.

FdX2C0H.gif

#3 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,941 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:31 PM

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• default_large.png
  • Administrators
  • admin.png
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

I have updated the "Like Limit" (called positive reputation in this system) so members can now give 25 "Likes" in a 24 hour period instead of 10.

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#4 FredCDobbs

FredCDobbs

Show me your badges!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,506 posts
  • LocationTampico. What a town.

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:18 PM

Fred, are you noticing this on just trivia or on all the threads? I noticed it once last week in the discussions threads and yesterday on the REBUS thread in trivia.

I've noticed it in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS too.

Say buddy, will you stake a fellow American to a meal?

#5 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,504 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

There IS an issue with this problem. I see this issue all the time. Many times I get notices but the "Like" , quite often, does NOT show up where it should at the end of the post.

That's why I started this thread, and lavenderblue19 has noticed this problem too.

Hey, Fred I believe what she and you are saying.  Never said otherwise.    All I said is that it hasn't occurred to me (as far as I can tell).

Each time I see the 'like' notice at the top right hand corner,  I go to that thread (my ego demands it!),  and,  so far,   I have found every 'like'.

#6 lavenderblue19

lavenderblue19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,433 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

There IS an issue with this problem. I see this issue all the time. Many times I get notices but the "Like" , quite often, does NOT show up where it should at the end of the post.

That's why I started this thread, and lavenderblue19 has noticed this problem too.

Fred, are you noticing this on just trivia or on all the threads? I noticed it once last week in the discussions threads and yesterday on the REBUS thread in trivia.

#7 FredCDobbs

FredCDobbs

Show me your badges!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,506 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

Of course even if it works now (i.e. she can see them) it doesn't mean there still isn't an issue for her still.   But as far as I know it isn't an issue for me.      

• lavenderblue19 likes this

#8 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,504 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:39 PM

Ok, I now see your name for your "Like", but I no longer see my "Like", which should still say "You Like This", but it no longer says that. My "Like" is not showing up for me.

OPPS, sorry. My "Like" still does show up on a different post. :)

Well I'm the one that should be sorry, since I wanted to 'like' the post your liked but pick the first one from her I saw.   BUT I just 'liked' the same post you did and I can see it says "You and FredDobbs like this post'.

Of course even if it works now (i.e. she can see them) it doesn't mean there still isn't an issue for her still.   But as far as I know it isn't an issue for me.      

#9 FredCDobbs

FredCDobbs

Show me your badges!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,506 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:08 PM

I just did the same. 

Ok, I now see your name for your "Like", but I no longer see my "Like", which should still say "You Like This", but it no longer says that. My "Like" is not showing up for me.

OPPS, sorry. My "Like" still does show up on a different post. :)

#10 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,504 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

I just clicked "LIKE" on a lavenderblue19 post and I will leave it like that.

I just did the same. 

#11 FredCDobbs

FredCDobbs

Show me your badges!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,506 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:49 PM

I just clicked "LIKE" on a lavenderblue19 post and I will leave it like that.

#12 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,504 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

Yup, and I posted that also. that definitely happens, it's happened to me so I know that's true. It appears however, that this is a different situation, since mr6 did NOT UNLIKE the post, I received notification of the LIKE post, but it never showed up. Again, must be some sort of glitch. It happened in trivia on The REBUS thread.So your thoughts about what might be happening were certainly reasonable and that does happen MOST times, just NOT this time. Hopefully that glitch will or has gone away.

I hope you (or they really),  find out for reason for this glitch.    But if the issue isn't repeatable and consistent it makes it a lot more difficult to track down.    I was a software developer for over 25 years and when QA would tell me about an inconsistent 'bug' we would just blame it on gremlins!    ;)

#13 lavenderblue19

lavenderblue19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,433 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

As I posted to Fred:  I'm NOT saying that explains why you can't find other 'liked' post.  

BUT it does show what happens when one likes \ un-likes a post.  

Yup, and I posted that also. that definitely happens, it's happened to me so I know that's true. It appears however, that this is a different situation, since mr6 did NOT UNLIKE the post, I received notification of the LIKE post, but it never showed up. Again, must be some sort of glitch. It happened in trivia on The REBUS thread.So your thoughts about what might be happening were certainly reasonable and that does happen MOST times, just NOT this time. Hopefully that glitch will or has gone away.

• jamesjazzguitar likes this

#14 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,504 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:07 PM

As it turns out in this case mr 6 did NOT Unlike his Like post to me and it did NOT and is still NOT showing up, so that means there is some sort of glitch with the Like function. This is a Tech problem.

As I posted to Fred:  I'm NOT saying that explains why you can't find other 'liked' post.  

BUT it does show what happens when one likes \ un-likes a post.  

#15 lavenderblue19

lavenderblue19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,433 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:02 AM

I was testing the system.    I 'liked' your post and than 'un-liked' it.     So the notice must go out right when one 'likes' a post.

I'm NOT saying that explains why you can't find other 'liked' post.    But one could really mess with someone by liking than un-liking post after post.    

As it turns out in this case mr 6 did NOT Unlike his Like post to me and it did NOT and is still NOT showing up, so that means there is some sort of glitch with the Like function. This is a Tech problem.

• FredCDobbs and jamesjazzguitar like this

#16 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,504 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

I just got a personal notice of a "like" for my first post, but it doesn't show up as a "like" on the post itself.

The notice says:

I was testing the system.    I 'liked' your post and than 'un-liked' it.     So the notice must go out right when one 'likes' a post.

I'm NOT saying that explains why you can't find other 'liked' post.    But one could really mess with someone by liking than un-liking post after post.    

#17 FredCDobbs

FredCDobbs

Show me your badges!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,506 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

I just got a personal notice of a "like" for my first post, but it doesn't show up as a "like" on the post itself.

The notice says:

#18 lavenderblue19

lavenderblue19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,433 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

Fred, same thing has been happening to me. I've been getting notifications the last few days that a poster checked Like This after a post I've made, but it's not showing up in the post. I posted this in the STICKIES threads before I noticed you posted this.

• FredCDobbs likes this

#19 FredCDobbs

FredCDobbs

Show me your badges!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,506 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

We get the notices, but when we go to the post, there are no names listed in front of "Like This".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users