We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Changing Movies After posting schedule

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,262 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

I printed the schedule for the whole month when it began so I could plan what movies to schedule to my DVR.  I just went to schedule movies for the 21st and found that the 2 movies I wanted have been removed and replaced:  Deliverance and Cabaret.  I am disappointed to say the least.  I hope it's not going to be that way for the rest of the month

Well the odds are  low that if TCM changes the schedule again they will again be 'the 2 movies"  you wanted to see.   So my guess is that TCM will replace a movie or two you didn't want to see. 

#2 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,077 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:11 AM

I printed the schedule for the whole month when it began so I could plan what movies to schedule to my DVR.  I just went to schedule movies for the 21st and found that the 2 movies I wanted have been removed and replaced:  Deliverance and Cabaret.  I am disappointed to say the least.  I hope it's not going to be that way for the rest of the month

DELIVERANCE does seem to be off the schedule for good (for now at least). But I think they have a special primetime evening in May called 'At the Cabaret' with CABARET leading off the night. So that title has been rescheduled.

"You've had a few hours given back to you from life. A few hours in which to change your minds and your hearts. When you came into the grounds of this inn, you came into a place as it was a year ago today. You were in your own time, but the house and garden and Gwyneth and I are in the time of last year. The day the bomb hit. When you go away and walk up the road you will have spent a night in an inn. But if you look back from the crest of the hill, the halfway house will not be here...but if you remember, it will be as you remember a forgotten snatch of song. It will be a picture before your eyes. Gone before you realize it is there. Or an echo in the hidden places of your mind. But you have been here...and the world is what you make it." -- Mervyn Johns, THE HALFWAY HOUSE.

#3 wvrnsson

wvrnsson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users