We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

TCM On Demand complaints/requests

Time-Warner Cable time warner cable robert osborne ben mankiewicz tcm on demand introductions comcast complaint request

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jameselliot

jameselliot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationFort Lauderdale

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:24 PM

Only 3 or 4 TCM movies are on Uverse on demand at any time. I rarely bother looking anymore.

#2 1924sherlockjr

1924sherlockjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:16 AM

I think I posted this in under the wrong topic earlier so I will repost it here.  I would like to see more intro/exit comments on the comedy movies that the TCM related course is highlighting.  With the TCM Noir, the only movies that had intro/exit comments were the 3 during prime time on Fridays.  The Slapstick movies are Tuesdays and Wednesdays but I am sure the intro/exit comments are also just on prime time.  The next time a class is connected to TCM it would be wonderful if all the related programs had some type of intro/exit, even if it is just the TCM shorts they do on some of the main stars.  I have seen shorts on the Marx Brothers, Harold Lloyd, Lucille Ball, etc. and those would even be a nice intro before the movie.

#3 gracious1

gracious1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:05 PM

I notice that Comcast viewers got to see One Man's Journey on demand, but it was not available to Time Warner Cable customers. And furthermore, most of the time, only ONE or TWO movies are available at a time. If there are a half-dozen available on a given day, they disappear one-by-one and are not replaced, until there are none left; sometimes for days there will be nothing. it's happening again, in fact. We were blitzed with all that Weimar cinema, and then suddenly they all disappeared, and nothing replaced them. What is going on? Something new should be added each time something is taken away. TCM On Demand used to be a wonderful way for a busy person to watch classic film, but now I guess I'm going to give up on TCM and utilize other resources. Good luck with your wine, cruises, DVDs, and overpriced movie "event" tickets.

[ above reposted from another thread, with the hope that someone will read and respond]

P.S. If it is a technical issue, then why won't Time Warner Cable work with TCM to resolve this as Comcast is doing? Why are we at Time Warner still getting only half the on-demand movies offered to Comcast, and much of time not any films at all?

#4 classicsuz

classicsuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:26 PM

TCM has ceased to exist as a choice for ONDEMAND movies through xfinity.  After several attempts to reset our boxes, the issues was not resolved.  A rep from Xfinity told me this is a contractual issue between TCM and Xfinity.  Is this true?  

Hi elfinee:  According to posts on this board, Cox and Time Warner customers are also having the same problem with TCM On Demand listings.  If the heart of this issue is contractual in nature, it seems to impact TCM's contract with multiple cable companies.  

A different take comes from Comcast's multiple responses to customer complaints on its Help Forum.  Comcast consistently characterizes this as a technical issue only and one which primarily involves some newly discovered glitches on TCM's end.  Through their forum, Comcast has assured us that Comcast, TCM and their vendor are working to resolve this.  I'm hoping this is taken care of soon . . . .

#5 elfinee

elfinee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:07 PM

TCM has ceased to exist as a choice for ONDEMAND movies through xfinity.  After several attempts to reset our boxes, the issues was not resolved.  A rep from Xfinity told me this is a contractual issue between TCM and Xfinity.  Is this true?  

#6 gracious1

gracious1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted 30 March 2016 - 07:10 PM

Well, now TCM has finally updated it's OnDemand offerings to Time-Warner Cable. I am grateful.

But only to a limited extent. For now it has gone back to the old way of doing things. For the last 2-3 weeks, it was keeping up with Comcas, showing the same offerings and actually including the intros by Ben Mankiewicz & Robert Osborne. But now it's back to showing only half the offerings. Ace Drummond and Buck Rogers are there, but where are Phantom, Batman, Dick Tracy? They are appearing on Comcast. "Baby, the Rain Must Fall" is ther, but where is "Cincinnati Kid"? It's appearing on Comcast.

Please show the same things on Time-Warner Cable that are on Comcast. IF you won't make Watch TCM available to Time-Warner subscribers, couldn't you please do at least that much?

#7 gracious1

gracious1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:37 AM

Once again, TCM On Demand for Time-Warner Cable customers is showing how terrible it is. We haven't had anything new added in the last several days, but a whole bunch of things were removed at once yesterday. We are down to exactly three selections. One was removed whilst I was in the middle of watching it, so I'm extremely displeased.

But please, it's not just quantity, but also quality and variety. I notice for Comcast you've made available "The Apartment" and "THe Magnificent Seven", but these have appeared on TCM and/or TCM On Demand A LOT lately. How about putting up some of the daytime offerings like "Seven Samurai"?  Or some of the animated features from Friday? What about "The Competition"? 

In fact, EVERYTHING that is available on Watch TCM should be made avilable on TCM on Demand! Additionally, why not make the movies available for a month rather than a week, which is what HBO, Showtime, and Fox Movies do.

Finally, I would like to write to TCM directly and tell you this, but it doesn't seem to be easily done. I guess TCM doesn't care about feedback from customers. I'm not really sure what motivates TCM, but I'm getting pretty fed up with the channel. Right now, TCM is about the only reason I still subscribe to cable, but I'm thinking it's just not worth it any more.

So, right after I posted this, TCM OnDemand stopped updated on my Time-Warner Cable service. Then this morning, it completely disappeared. What is this, retaliation? Time-Warner claims that TCM is not giving them updates. Is that true? Please send the updates to Time-Warner.

If this is not what has happened, will someone please tell me what is going on?

#8 gracious1

gracious1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:14 PM

Once again, TCM On Demand for Time-Warner Cable customers is showing how terrible it is. We haven't had anything new added in the last several days, but a whole bunch of things were removed at once yesterday. We are down to exactly three selections. One was removed whilst I was in the middle of watching it, so I'm extremely displeased.

But please, it's not just quantity, but also quality and variety. I notice for Comcast you've made available "The Apartment" and "THe Magnificent Seven", but these have appeared on TCM and/or TCM On Demand A LOT lately. How about putting up some of the daytime offerings like "Seven Samurai"?  Or some of the animated features from Friday? What about "The Competition"? 

In fact, EVERYTHING that is available on Watch TCM should be made avilable on TCM on Demand! Additionally, why not make the movies available for a month rather than a week, which is what HBO, Showtime, and Fox Movies do.

Finally, I would like to write to TCM directly and tell you this, but it doesn't seem to be easily done. I guess TCM doesn't care about feedback from customers. I'm not really sure what motivates TCM, but I'm getting pretty fed up with the channel. Right now, TCM is about the only reason I still subscribe to cable, but I'm thinking it's just not worth it any more.

#9 zaca52

zaca52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta Canada

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:49 PM

i wish that this  TCM on demand  and other parts of the site  worked in CANADA.  We dont get the same video feeds

Terry Sherwood

STARDUST AND SHADOWS  CLASSIC FILM BLOG

https://glitterbest52.wordpress.com/

STARDUST AND SHADOWS FACEBOOK

https://www.facebook...dustandshadows/

#10 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,948 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:50 AM

I agree that it's strange how Comcast viewers get so many more choices than Time Warner folks. And even more than Charter subscribers too. Not fair, is it?

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#11 gracious1

gracious1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:57 AM

It's nice that I get TCM on Demand via Time-Warner Cable, but I have two complants/requests:

(1) The introductions by Robert Osborne or Ben Mankiewicz are not included (although I notice for "Caesar and Cleopatra" it was, perhaps by mistake?). Please include these! They add a lot of value to the viewing!

(2) I notice a member listing the TCM on Demand choices for Comcast. It seems that Comcast gets more selections than Time-Warner Cable does, which is very odd since didn't Time-Warner buy out Turner a decade ago?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Time-Warner Cable, time warner cable, robert osborne, ben mankiewicz, tcm on demand, introductions, comcast, complaint, request

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users