We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Opening Day timeline question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lzcutter

lzcutter

Riding Point

• Moderators
  • 12,320 posts
  • LocationCity of the Angels- San Fernando Valley division

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

Cutter, thank you for the reply. We are Spotlight pass holders, so guess we'll be able to go with the flow of the evening!

You are more than welcome!  I look forward to meeting you in a few days!

"Movies touch our hearts and awaken our vision, and change the way we see things. They take us to other places, they open doors and minds. Movies are the memories of our life times, we need to keep them alive,"- Marty Scorsese

#2 rhodesisland

rhodesisland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:52 PM

While the Red Carpet starts at the same time as the Opening Party, the thing to keep in mind is that the Opening Night film and discussion doesn't start until closer to 7:00.  

While The Sound of Music will likely be sold out it will depend on your pass as to what you should do.

If you have the Spotlight pass, you can probably glide through the Opening Party on your way to the Red Carpet and take time to have a complimentary Gin and Tonic or beer.

If you have an Essential pass, I would suggest hitting the Red Carpet at the start time and get your queue number as soon as possible to avoid being far down in the line.

The Egyptian seats about 616 so keep that mind in trying to figure out just where in the line you want to be.

If you are just going to sit in the bleachers and watch others walk the Red Carpet, that will depend on your movie of choice.  The Lizbeth Scott film, No Time for Tears and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance are both very popular with festival goers who aren't going to the Opening Night film.

Me, I plan to get in line at 5:00 for Liberty, so for the first time in 6 years, I am foregoing the  Opening Night party.  

There is always the Closing Night Party and plenty of other opportunities to hang out with other Festival goers, especially while you are standing in line.

Cutter, thank you for the reply. We are Spotlight pass holders, so guess we'll be able to go with the flow of the evening!

#3 lzcutter

lzcutter

Riding Point

• Moderators
  • 12,320 posts
  • LocationCity of the Angels- San Fernando Valley division

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:07 AM

Now that the schedule is published, I see that the Welcoming Party at the Club TCM and the Red Carpet prior to SoM occur at the same time.

What is the logistics of that?

While the Red Carpet starts at the same time as the Opening Party, the thing to keep in mind is that the Opening Night film and discussion doesn't start until closer to 7:00.  

While The Sound of Music will likely be sold out it will depend on your pass as to what you should do.

If you have the Spotlight pass, you can probably glide through the Opening Party on your way to the Red Carpet and take time to have a complimentary Gin and Tonic or beer.

If you have an Essential pass, I would suggest hitting the Red Carpet at the start time and get your queue number as soon as possible to avoid being far down in the line.

The Egyptian seats about 616 so keep that mind in trying to figure out just where in the line you want to be.

If you are just going to sit in the bleachers and watch others walk the Red Carpet, that will depend on your movie of choice.  The Lizbeth Scott film, No Time for Tears and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance are both very popular with festival goers who aren't going to the Opening Night film.

Me, I plan to get in line at 5:00 for Liberty, so for the first time in 6 years, I am foregoing the  Opening Night party.  

There is always the Closing Night Party and plenty of other opportunities to hang out with other Festival goers, especially while you are standing in line.

"Movies touch our hearts and awaken our vision, and change the way we see things. They take us to other places, they open doors and minds. Movies are the memories of our life times, we need to keep them alive,"- Marty Scorsese

#4 rhodesisland

rhodesisland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:10 AM

Now that the schedule is published, I see that the Welcoming Party at the Club TCM and the Red Carpet prior to SoM occur at the same time.

What is the logistics of that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users