We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Spell check non-existent (on tcm.com only)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MovieCollectorOH

MovieCollectorOH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • LocationLand of Bread and Circuses

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:02 AM

I have tried it on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 11 - the spell-checker here works with both (squiggly red underline).

Your difficulty may only occur here when you post in Rich Text - changing to Plain Text may alleviate this.. don't know. Here's something that might help:

Click Here

Thanks!  I didn't consider that it might have something to do with the enhanced form.  No reel problum, I will jist have moor missellings. :)

Moviecollector's Corner                                                                                               Principia-Scientific.org (independent science news)

#2 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:33 AM

I'll meet you over in the From around the galaxy thread - HERE

FdX2C0H.gif

#3 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,820 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

I have tried it on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 11 - the spell-checker here works with both (squiggly red underline).

Your difficulty may only occur here when you post in Rich Text - changing to Plain Text may alleviate this.. don't know. Here's something that might help:

Click Here

Hey,  since I have your attention maybe you can explain something to me.    I can get TCM on 480 or 1080.    Today a movie was on and the 480 filled the entire screen while the 1080 was more of a square (but it did look a little sharper).   

I understand the 1080 is HD,  but is there ever a time the non HD mode is a better 'fit' based on how TCM is broadcasting a film?

#4 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:37 PM

Click Here

FdX2C0H.gif

#5 MovieCollectorOH

MovieCollectorOH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • LocationLand of Bread and Circuses

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:45 AM

This is not a new issue, I have had this for as long as I have been posting here.  I use Firefox, and the data entry forms normally have a red squiggly line underlining proper nouns or incorrect spellings.  No indication of misspelling on this site.  Not sure if that is administrator-disabled, or if it is due to the package they are using.  In this day and age, it is an uncommon thing for me to run into.

Moviecollector's Corner                                                                                               Principia-Scientific.org (independent science news)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users