We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

"Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" (1948)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 scsu1975

scsu1975

Tor B the Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,807 posts
  • LocationEd Wood movie

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:13 PM

Seen it numerous times in 35mm, Universal is pretty good about renting these out. And always a big hit with an audience, even TikiKid loves 'em. Must be timeless, the true definition of "classic".

Contains everything that appeals to kids - monsters, funny situations ... no wonder it has stood the test of time.

I'm a big boy.

#2 TikiSoo

TikiSoo

sprockethole

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,901 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:28 PM

Seen it numerous times in 35mm, Universal is pretty good about renting these out. And always a big hit with an audience, even TikiKid loves 'em. Must be timeless, the true definition of "classic".

#3 mrroberts

mrroberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,614 posts
  • Locationpennsylvania

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

bad post, sorry

#4 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:44 PM

I found this informative blog HERE

t.jpg

FdX2C0H.gif

#5 scsu1975

scsu1975

Tor B the Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,807 posts
  • LocationEd Wood movie

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:58 PM

Definitely the best horror-comedy ever made

I'm a big boy.

#6 mrroberts

mrroberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,614 posts
  • Locationpennsylvania

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:03 PM

I can't tell you how many times I've seen this movie over the years, its still a fun, entertaining flick. I don't know if it has much appeal to young audiences today though.  I first saw this "classic" in the early 60's, maybe on tv  at home but in those years my hometown had a Halloween parade for the kids. Afterward we went into the local school auditorium for snacks and they showed us some films; cartoons and the "feature" was this film. Not exactly on the "big" theatre  screen but on a home movie projection screen  which was better than the typical 19"  tv screen at home.  Great fun when you're 6 - 12 years old and a lasting childhood memory.

• hercule likes this

#7 LiamCasey

LiamCasey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

Tonight on METv's Svengoolie is 1948's Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein:

Bud Abbott. Lou Costello. Bela Lugosi one more time (Finally!) as Dracula. Lon Chaney Jr. for the last time as Larry Talbot (I know. I should make a snide comment about Universal and continuity at this point since Larry Talbot was cured of lycanthropy in House of Dracula.  But Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein just wouldn't have been the same without him.). Jane Randolph of Cat People and The Curse of the Cat People fame. Frank Ferguson (How many credits does this guy have anyway?!?). And Vincent Price (Or, at least, his voice.).

Need I write more?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users