We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Audrey Hepburn and JFK

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,897 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

JFK was apparently scarfing up all the beautiful women. leaving all the other  h o r n y guys going the George Costanza route.

Well, maybe between JFK and Howard Hughes.

#2 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,593 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

.......Audrey only mouthed the words. It was Marni Nixon that actually did the singing.

Audrey sang in Funny Face and introduced Moon River in Breakfast at Tiffanys.........

• film lover 293 likes this

#3 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,593 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:01 AM

Not at the same time. He dated Gene Tierney around 1946-47. Hepburn was an unknown teenager in England then.

Yes. He must've met Audrey in the early 50s in Hollywood at some point.......

#4 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,897 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:37 PM

Kennedy must have been dating Gene Tierney and Audrey Hepburn at the same time.

Here's a cute song about him

https://youtu.be/sJ0F-r5xxqY

Not at the same time. He dated Gene Tierney around 1946-47. Hepburn was an unknown teenager in England then.

#5 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:25 PM

Yes, he dated her too. JFK got around.........

JFK was apparently scarfing up all the beautiful women. leaving all the other  h o r n y guys going the George Costanza route. 

#6 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,593 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:50 PM

Yes, he dated her too. JFK got around.........

#7 noah80

noah80

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:28 PM

#8 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,593 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:38 AM

From what I've read Audrey dated JFK in his younger years but the romance was squashed due to her not being Catholic...............

#9 noah80

noah80

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

probably why there were no pics or videos to mark the occasion

#10 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

According to Barry Paris' biography of Audrey Hepburn, Hepburn sang Happy Birthday Dear Jack at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City May 29th, 1963--and her version caused much less publicity than Marilyn Monroes' version did in 1962.I apologize for the inaccuracy in my previous post-- Hepburns' song was "Dear Jack"

.......Audrey only mouthed the words. It was Marni Nixon that actually did the singing.

• Arturo, Bogie56, Dargo and 1 other like this

#11 primosprimos

primosprimos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:21 AM

According to Barry Paris' biography of Audrey Hepburn, Hepburn sang Happy Birthday Dear Jack at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City May 29th, 1963--and her version caused much less publicity than Marilyn Monroes' version did in 1962.I apologize for the inaccuracy in my previous post-- Hepburns' song was "Dear Jack"

Wow. If nobody is listening, did she really sing?

#12 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:46 AM

#13 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:34 AM

OK; Yes, Audrey Hepburn did sing Happy Birthday, Mr. President for his 1963 birthday (May 29).  Marilyn Monroe did her version in 1962, I believe.  A link, with text and pictures:

http://kennedylegacy...lr.com/page/106

This was the first result when I Googled your question, BTW

link works, scroll down between 1/3 and 1/2 way down .

#14 EdgeCliffe

EdgeCliffe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:46 PM

"What is often forgotten is that Audrey Hepburn sang "Happy Birthday Mr. President" to JFK for his final birthday in 1963." (JFK's birthday May 29)

Can someone please elaborate on this?  Did it really happen? It's strange that I can't find a photo or a video of this event on line.

Audrey sing to the President???? The only actress that performed the song was Marilyn Monroe.

#15 noah80

noah80

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:33 PM

"What is often forgotten is that Audrey Hepburn sang "Happy Birthday Mr. President" to JFK for his final birthday in 1963." (JFK's birthday May 29)

Can someone please elaborate on this?  Did it really happen? It's strange that I can't find a photo or a video of this event on line. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users