We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Can't upload a profile picture

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:24 PM

At the present time, uploading a picture from your computer is not working.  I will let everyone know when it's fixed. For the time being, you must upload the picture you wish to use to any image hosting site, then use the URL to upload it to your profile here 

#22 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:21 PM

Hmmm... interesting...

FdX2C0H.gif

#23 scsu1975

scsu1975

Tor B the Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,317 posts
  • LocationEd Wood movie

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

Photobucket worked! Thank you very much! 

You're welcome, and welcome to the boards.

I'm a big boy.

#24 scsu1975

scsu1975

Tor B the Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,317 posts
  • LocationEd Wood movie

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:07 PM

I had the same problem, so I uploaded Tor to photobucket, then imported the image with its url, and it worked perfectly.

I'm a big boy.

#25 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:18 PM

OK, I give up. I have tried countless times to put a picture in my avatar image, yet nothing happens. So here I am - asking - what am I doing wrong?

Under My Name I click My Profile

I click on My Avatar image (where the word "change" appears)

Under Step 1 I click Use a Custom Photo

I click on browse which takes me to a photo file on my hard drive and I double click on a photo

Under Step 2

I click Done.

But nothing happens. Would somebody please tell me what step I left out or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Message Board Dummy

I know this is a simple thing, but all bases must be covered. 

When you say "I click Done", have you also returned to the bottom of the Profile page after clicking Done to click Save Changes?

Then there's also this: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/53549-cant-upload-a-profile-picture/

No longer relevant

FdX2C0H.gif

#26 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,939 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:50 PM

Thanks very much, Izcutter, but I have been taking photo size into account, as well. Just now I tried to browse and download a ,jpg photo that was 27.2 kb.

As you can see by my avatar image, once again, it didn't work.

#27 lzcutter

lzcutter

Riding Point

• Moderators
  • 12,320 posts
  • LocationCity of the Angels- San Fernando Valley division

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:56 PM

OK, I give up. I have tried countless times to put a picture in my avatar image, yet nothing happens. So here I am - asking - what am I doing wrong?

I click on browse which takes me to a photo file on my hard drive and I double click on a photo

Under Step 2

I click Done.

But nothing happens. Would somebody please tell me what step I left out or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Message Board Dummy

Tom,

The pictures for the avatars have to be a certain size. If they are too big, the system won't allow them to post.

That may be why you are having problems. 

Try making the photo you want for your avatar smaller, that might help, your avatar photo can only 50kb or smaller.

Hope that helps!

"Movies touch our hearts and awaken our vision, and change the way we see things. They take us to other places, they open doors and minds. Movies are the memories of our life times, we need to keep them alive,"- Marty Scorsese

#28 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,939 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:38 PM

Under Step 2

I click Done.

Thanks,

Message Board Dummy

#29 Sir David

Sir David

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:02 PM

Try photobucket. I've rarely had a problem, and I just used that site to upload my latest profile picture.

Photobucket worked! Thank you very much! 

#30 Sir David

Sir David

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:22 PM

Try photobucket. I've rarely had a problem, and I just used that site to upload my latest profile picture.

Perhaps I'm over-thinking it, or perhaps I'm just stupid...I tried Photobucket and still couldn't upload it.

#31 scsu1975

scsu1975

Tor B the Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,317 posts
  • LocationEd Wood movie

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:16 AM

I'm a big boy.

#32 Sir David

Sir David

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:47 AM

But if you can upload the image to one of the many image hosting sites, you can use the URL to get your picture here. 

I tried that...couldn't get that to work either! 

#33 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:18 PM

Hi tallguy58

The option to use a picture from your computer is not working at the moment. We are looking into it. 

But if you can upload the image to one of the many image hosting sites, you can use the URL to get your picture here. 

I hope this helps!

#34 tallguy58

tallguy58

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:12 PM

Anyone know how to do this?

I click browse files, pick one and it does not upload.

• maltesefalcon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users