We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Military Themed Comedies

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zombiez_01

Zombiez_01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:02 PM

Seeing as i'm a newbie here. I'd like to start a topic about comedies with a military theme to introduce myself.

Wartime or Peactime. Feel free to add as many as you like. Add what hit your funny bone if you like.

A few of my favorites are the following.

What did you do in the War daddy?

American's want to liberate an Italian town. Town's people agree if they can have a party. Not as easy as it seems. When a war is being fought.

Operation Petticoat

Submarine making its way from the Philipines to the US for decommissioning. War breaks out. Add pink paint and army nurses for comedy gold.

Kelly's Heroes

Stop with the negative waves. You and i both know this is filled with comedy.

M.A.S.H.

Set during the forgotten korean war. Sarcastic fun that could only happen in a frontline medical unit.

Kissin' Cousins

U.S. Army needs to build base on a mountain top in Tennessee. Problem is the family won't sell to the goverment. Enter Lt. Morgan (Elvis Presley), and his troop of soldiers vs the Tatum family and a mountain full of single women. We know where this is headed.

Thanks for you time. Hope you enjoy the topic. :D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users