We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Pitfall

26 replies to this topic

#21 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:08 PM

This victimhood status was debated to death in another thread about a year ago.   

Just because someone is arrested doesn't mean they are charged.

Are you crashing the on-line course here?

#22 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,505 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

Thanks, Sapphiere, for the excellent synopsis. Those of you who haven't seen this film, guess who ends up as THE tragic victim.

This victimhood status was debated to death in another thread about a year ago.   

Just because someone is arrested doesn't mean they are charged.

#23 GeezerNoir

GeezerNoir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:52 AM

Thanks, Sapphiere, for the excellent synopsis. Those of you who haven't seen this film, guess who ends up as THE tragic victim.

• sapphiere likes this

#24 sapphiere

sapphiere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • LocationColumbus,MS.

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:54 AM

PITFALL 1948 is a film noir that I enjoyed watching tonight. Dick Powell portrays John Forbes a insurance man who is living the American Dream. Jane Wyatt plays his dutiful wife, and with their young son they live in suburban Los Angeles. John feels that his life has become routine, and he voices his complaints to his wife and boss. John`s firm has paid off for a robbery, and he wants to recover the items that were purchased with the stolen money. John is aided in the recovery by a private detective MacDonald creepily played by Raymond Burr. The robber was caught, and he is now in jail. MacDonald traced the items to  to Mona Stevens (Lizbeth Scott) the robber`s model girlfriend. MacDonald wants to collect the items personally since he has fallen in love with Mona. John seeking an adventure decideds to collect the expensive items himself. When John and Mona meet complications arise, and life is never the same for everybody involved. The more film noirs that I see Dick Powell and Lizbeth Scott  in, I am entertained. The role of Mona Stevens in Pitfall is a sharp contrast to her portrayal of Jane Palmer in TOO LATE FOR TEARS. PITFALL is also available on you tube.

• GeezerNoir, TopBilled and Marianne like this

#25 Janeko

Janeko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:36 PM

If you missed Pitfall this morning, that's not a problem.  The film will be available on 'Watch TCM' until July 23.

Check it out!

Thanks.  I am on Mountain Time It was on at 2:15 a.m. this morning, and I said to myself well, that's not going to happen!  I'll check it out on Watch TCM!

#26 GeezerNoir

GeezerNoir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

If you missed Pitfall this morning, that's not a problem.  The film will be available on 'Watch TCM' until July 23.

Check it out!

• MyMoll likes this

#27 GeezerNoir

GeezerNoir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:09 PM

Attention film noir fans.  TCM is airing Pitfall (1948) on July 16 at 4:15 am Eastern Time.  This is an excellent film noir which is not on the Summer of Darkness schedule.  Here is the link to the IMDb page for the film. http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_tt_tt_4

Set your DVR for this one!

• MyMoll likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users