We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Why Police Are Hated

• Please log in to reply
809 replies to this topic

#1 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,471 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted Today, 07:44 AM

Y'know, I could buy that idea that they were "a-feared" due to the incidents of police being ambushed in other parts of the country.  IF those ambushed cops were killed by Australian women weilding CELL PHONES.

But that was never the case.

Sepiatone

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

#2 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,207 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 PM

Cops are lying pieces of ****

White Knights, Manginas and Simps, oh my!

#3 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,207 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Killer cop says he shot Justine Damond because he was 'startled' by her when she ran towards his car in the dark after loud noise - and had no idea she was 911 caller...

Is that story ever different from what the witnesses have told.

• Sepiatone likes this

#4 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,392 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

Where is the police training?  If the cop was so scared because she came running to the car in her pajamas, couldn't he have just pointed the gun at her, told her to stand still and asked her a few questions?  I didn't think unarmed women in their night clothes were such a threat.

I want to know why all the cop body cameras were turned off.

It is my understanding that the policy in most cities is that body cameras are not 'on' 24\7 but only turned on,  for example, when an officer exits their vehicle to confront subjects.      There is no universal standard for this and of course Sessions isn't going to impose one.

#5 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Killer cop says he shot Justine Damond because he was 'startled' by her when she ran towards his car in the dark after loud noise - and had no idea she was 911 caller...

http://www.dailymail...artled-him.html

Where is the police training?  If the cop was so scared because she came running to the car in her pajamas, couldn't he have just pointed the gun at her, told her to stand still and asked her a few questions?  I didn't think unarmed women in their night clothes were such a threat.

I want to know why all the cop body cameras were turned off.

• mr6666 and LawrenceA like this

#6 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

http://www.dailymail...artled-him.html

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#7 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Caretaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,460 posts
  • LocationThe Overlook Hotel

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

So Justine Damond is standing in her pajamas talking to a police officer and his partner shoots her dead.

Last night there was a YoungTurks YouTube report on this - but today it has been taken down.

And I bet I know why. Certain information about the cop who killed her has become known - PC dictates it's time for the MSM to back off now.

Do you mean this one?

This was also a top headline on Yahoo, via ABC News. You don't get more MSM than that.

https://www.yahoo.co...topstories.html

#8 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,207 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

So Justine Damond is standing in her pajamas talking to a police officer and his partner shoots her dead.

Last night there was a YoungTurks YouTube report on this - but today it has been taken down.

And I bet I know why. Certain information about the cop who killed her has become known - PC dictates it's time for the MSM to back off now.

Here's the Australian PM commenting on the murder.

#9 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,805 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:22 PM

Sometimes they protect, sometimes they kill. All

matters what kind of mood they're in that day.

• midwestan likes this

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#10 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,540 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:40 PM

Australian bride-to-be shot dead by US police after making 911 call-

"The Minnesota Department of Public Safety said police responded to "a call of possible assault" when "at one point an officer fired their weapon, fatally striking a woman".

Officials said the officers' body cameras were not turned on at the time of the Saturday shooting.

The victim has been identified by Australian officials as Justine Damond.

According to Australian media, the 40-year old woman was living in Minneapolis with her fiancé. The woman called 911 to report a noise near her home when the incident occurred, reports said......

http://www.bbc.com/n...tralia-40627847

And why were they off?

• mr6666 likes this

#11 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:39 PM

Australian bride-to-be shot dead by US police after making 911 call-

"The Minnesota Department of Public Safety said police responded to "a call of possible assault" when "at one point an officer fired their weapon, fatally striking a woman".

Officials said the officers' body cameras were not turned on at the time of the Saturday shooting.

The victim has been identified by Australian officials as Justine Damond.

According to Australian media, the 40-year old woman was living in Minneapolis with her fiancé. The woman called 911 to report a noise near her home when the incident occurred, reports said......

http://www.bbc.com/n...tralia-40627847

#12 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,540 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:15 PM

Officer, mother of 3, assassinated in New York. Suspect killed by police.

http://www.foxnews.c...g-in-bronx.html

http://www.cnn.com/2...ting/index.html

HT-NYPDOfficerFamilia-jrl-170705_31x13_1

#13 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,207 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

#14 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,207 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

#15 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,207 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:16 AM

#16 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:56 PM

(CNN)Three current or former Chicago police officers were indicted Tuesday on state felony charges of conspiracy in the investigation of the 2014 shooting death of Laquan McDonald....

"The indictment makes clear that these defendants did more than merely obey an unofficial 'code of silence,' rather it alleges that they lied about what occurred to prevent independent criminal investigators from learning the truth,"...........

Gaffney, 43; March, 58; and Walsh, 48, are accused of writing incident reports that "contained important false information in an attempt to prevent or shape any criminal investigation."

Several reports referred to three officers being battered, which the the indictment says is false. Police statements that McDonald was threatening Van Dyke with his knife were also lies, the document says.
The indictment also says the officers failed to interview at least three witnesses whose versions of the events were different than those of police.....

#17 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

"This is no way to live, this is not freedom, always holding your breath, always feeling like a target, always worrying about the men and women you love, hoping they won't run into a police officer who cannot control his fear."

And Vann Newkirk II, a writer for The Atlantic, was reeling from all of the shootings:

"The next shooting may not come tonight or tomorrow. By the math, though, every two days a black person of some age—14 or 18 or 43 or 37—armed or unarmed, sober or under the influence, resisting arrest or providing officers with identification will be shot and killed by an officer or officers. Video of the incident will likely be circulated. Protests will likely follow. But any sort of end to this violence remains truly unlikely."

http://www.npr.org/s...ontent=20170621

#18 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

Wesley LoweryVerified account @WesleyLowery 26m26 minutes ago

Wesley Lowery Retweeted Gene Demby

"original police story here was that Sylville Smith pointed gun at the officer.

Video shows that nope that never happened"

Wesley Lowery added,

Gene DembyVerified account @GeeDee215
"meanwhile: Jury acquits in trial of Milwaukee ex-cop who fatally shot Sylville Smith @CNN http://cnn.it/2rVJoeD "

#19 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,540 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:36 AM

Mouth close, don't shoot. :P 

2016-10-04-10-58-57.jpg

#20 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,805 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:01 PM

License to kill. Don't leave the station without it.

Guess we're one behind...for now.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users