We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

TIMES SQUARE 1980 on TCM UNDERGROUND PLEASE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Technicolor27

Technicolor27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

forgot to mention , this movie has a great soundtrack. This movie is a lost classic. It deserved better. Robin Johnson gave it all she got in this movie and I can tell she had fun making this.

#2 Technicolor27

Technicolor27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

This movie is super rare and probably in danger of becoming lost forever. I heard the negative got destroyed a few years back when Universal had that big fire. The only existing print got locked away in a vault.

The film was released on dvd and vhs for the first time back in 2000 (20 years after it's release). Its since been out of print.

The film came out in 1980 and starred unknown Robin Johnson.

TCM was going to show this movie like a year ago , but was removed from the scheduke and has yet to be rescheduled and shown on TCM.

I'd like very much for TCM to show this in their Underground show in the future.

This movie was ruined by stupid critics back in the day. This movie isn't so bad. Robin Johnson is best remembered for this movie. She really put herself in this movie. She's the whole movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users