We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Hello Classic Movie Community! I'm A Young and New Classic Movie Reviewer

Possessed Movie Review Nightmare Alley The Call of the Wild Sundown Algiers The Strange Woman Dragonwyck

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 IanPatrickMovieReviews

IanPatrickMovieReviews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:38 AM

Thank you for sharing! I'll have to check out your channel!! :)

Hey Paul! I love sharing my thoughts on movies, be sure to subscribe to me on YouTube if you enjoy my classic movie vlog. I'll reply to every comment you put there! I should be coming out with a new review soon. Welcome to my page :)

• TopBilled and Paulll like this

#2 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,948 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:03 AM

You can also find Ian's video commentaries in the genre sub-forums (on the TCM message boards), in case you didn't know.

• IanPatrickMovieReviews and Paulll like this

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#3 Paulll

Paulll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:55 AM

• IanPatrickMovieReviews likes this

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

[Ralph Waldo Emerson]

#4 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,055 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:56 AM

Hello, IanPatrickMovieReviews--this is the one forum where I don't venture much--sorry I didn't greet you when you 1st joined TCM--anyway, a belated welcome and enjoy TCM--I have most of your reviews to watch (I posted comments to "Portrait of Jennie" (1948) review last night, BTW).  Talk to you later. :)

#5 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,948 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:14 PM

Welcome Ian!

• IanPatrickMovieReviews likes this

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#6 IanPatrickMovieReviews

IanPatrickMovieReviews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:10 PM

Hello everyone!

I'd like to introduce myself to the TCM community. My name is Ian Patrick, and I have always had so much love for films from the 1930s - 1950s. I recently started a YouTube channel where I can share my thoughts, opinions, and knowledge on all future classic movies that I decide to watch. I am 24 years old and looking for people to share my love for old classics with. I'll watch anything from this era and will definitely take recommendations! I have already reviewed several classics. Come check me out if you have any interest! I come out with about 2 reviews every week, and I'm excited to make friends through this little project of mine!

This is my YouTube page: https://www.youtube....R0QgpZbctSMMM9g

I recently watched the movie, "Dragonwyck," with Vincent Price and Gene Tierney, so that will be my upcoming review! I must say, it was a pretty spooky costume thriller! I didn't expect anything less from the great Vincent Price. 

I will be posting my future classic movie reviews here in the forum, and please feel free to message me! I would love to hear from you all!

~ Ian Patrick ~

• TopBilled, film lover 293 and Paulll like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Possessed, Movie Review, Nightmare Alley, The Call of the Wild, Sundown, Algiers, The Strange Woman, Dragonwyck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users