We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Fritz Lang's "Man Hunt" Movie Review (Video)...Just Take the Shot!

Man Hunt 1941 Fritz Lang Walter Pidgeon Joan Bennett George Sanders Roddy Mcdowall

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,049 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:56 PM

IanPatrickMovieReviews--The new microphone helps.  ManHunt is good,but yes, the ending is a disappointment.  You gave away Less of the plot--good job!  The bit about the striking opening was very good.

Trivia--"Trade Winds" (1938) is the film where Joan Bennett went from blonde to brunette--if you didn't already know that.

• IanPatrickMovieReviews likes this

#2 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,900 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:03 AM

Glad you upgraded to a better mic. It helps.

Nice job on this review, Ian. I can understand why you felt the ending was a bit too jingoistic. But I don't think it mars the overall film. For kicks you should check out GUNG HO starring Randolph Scott-- total propaganda. 

The comments about Lang sneaking into the editing room were interesting. 

Someone told me Sanders speaks Russian in one of his films, not sure if it's true. And we should note that Sanders had been making motion pictures at Fox since 1937, still very early in his screen career.

Getting back to the leads-- here's some trivia: Joan Bennett & Walter Pidgeon also appeared together in BIG BROWN EYES at Paramount in 1936 and in the UA release THE HOUSE ACROSS THE BAY from 1940.

• IanPatrickMovieReviews likes this

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#3 IanPatrickMovieReviews

IanPatrickMovieReviews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:58 PM

A great WWII movie that the great Fritz Lang directed! Important to note that this came out just some months before the US entered WWII, so it was definitely trying to get Americans in the fighting mood and enter the war against Germany. 

Please remember to subsribe to my channel or like the video on YouTube if you're enjoying these reviews so far!

Attached Files

• LatriceRoyale and film lover 293 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Man Hunt, 1941, Fritz Lang, Walter Pidgeon, Joan Bennett, George Sanders, Roddy Mcdowall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users