We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Trumpism In Europe

• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

#301 laffite

laffite

Oh Johnneeeeee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:34 PM

You miss my point, James.  This is not a discussion thread.  This is a hate messaging thread.  It is unworthy of discussion.

Well, that may be true and I ain't surprised?

But whosoever is going to start a thread like this, can't they at least get the allusion right, to wit:

Something is rotten in the state of Germany.

Seeing the title as is, is an eyesore.

#302 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,705 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:27 PM

I think we can all agree on this. Hopefully, during the debate period, we can get a little more info on the "nuts and bolts" of the candidates' proposed initiatives. 

What part do you agree with;  the part about the Trump candidacy or the part that I'm a little crazy.   :lol:  

But yea,  I'm hoping the debates will get down to more details regarding policy positions.    Take immigration;   If one can believe what Trump's latest position is,  he has at least articulated a lot of specifics.     One is moving away from an immigration policy based on family unification and moving back to one based on job skills (something I support).       

I assume HRC wishes to continue a family centered policy, but who knows.   Also,  the GOP has been saying that HRC policy is that in her first 100 days she will use executive action to grant legal status to most of the 11 million or so illegal immigrants.   Is that GOP BS or not?      

Since HRC doesn't hold press conferences and is mostly vague (since attacking Trump is the best strategy at this stage) we just don't know.

How about taxes?    Trump's tax plan was a total joke and of course he backed away from it (calling it only a starting point for negotiations, ha ha);   but what is HRC plan?   She says she is going to make the rich pay their fair share?    Did she release a plan?  Maybe I missed that??? 

Does HRC still support a Fed $15 min wage or was this only a stunt to win over Sanders' supporters????

Again, I don't need this info to determine who I'm going to vote for (I'm in CA which HRC has locked),  but I'm curious never the less.   

#303 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:19 PM

This entire thread was created for one purpose only and that is to repeat ugly stories about refugees and immigrants.  So, what is the point of that if not to espouse a racist platform?

You miss my point, James.  This is not a discussion thread.  This is a hate messaging thread.  It is unworthy of discussion.

#304 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Micklewhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,220 posts
  • LocationSouff London

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:15 PM

This Trump candidacy is just a distraction from any substance and sometimes that makes me a little crazy.

I think we can all agree on this. Hopefully, during the debate period, we can get a little more info on the "nuts and bolts" of the candidates' proposed initiatives. 

#305 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,705 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:10 PM

Do you honestly think Jake or Nipkow are interested in a discussion?

And you could start these discussions just as easily as anyone. 

As you know I have started those discussions,  many times.    Only you have responded and at first you didn't wish to discuss the issue because you claimed it wasn't even an issue.    Once we did have a discussion I believe we agreed on most of things.  

Of course those right leaning users you site don't wish to have any real discussions (which is why I'm laughing at how Cid is trying to have an actual one, post after post, with Nip on some of the other threads).

Sorry to Bogie if I sounded like I was trying to lecture him.     This Trump candidacy is just a distraction from any substance and sometimes that makes me a little crazy.

#306 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:05 PM

This entire thread was created for one purpose only and that is to repeat ugly stories about refugees and immigrants.  So, what is the point of that if not to espouse a racist platform?

#307 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Micklewhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,220 posts
  • LocationSouff London

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:05 PM

Well why not add more range instead of just labeling post as racist?    E.g.  the recent vote that happened in Germany where Merkel's party didn't do well.    This vote,  like the Trump movement does have a racist element,  but it is much more then that.    Isn't that worth discussing?   

You're correct there is no discussion here of immigration,  but that isn't only because of the right wing posters here.   That was my point and I stand by it.

Do you honestly think Jake or Nipkow are interested in a discussion?

And you could start these discussions just as easily as anyone. 

#308 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,705 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:57 AM

There is no balance here.  It is just more and more hate filled rhetoric against refugees and immigrants.  What is the point of that other than espousing a racist message?  There is no discussion here of immigration.  That is such a load of cod's wallop I'm surprised at you, James.

Well why not add more range instead of just labeling post as racist?    E.g.  the recent vote that happened in Germany where Merkel's party didn't do well.    This vote,  like the Trump movement does have a racist element,  but it is much more then that.    Isn't that worth discussing?   

You're correct there is no discussion here of immigration,  but that isn't only because of the right wing posters here.   That was my point and I stand by it.

#309 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:51 AM

Wishing to control migration of immigrants is not inherently racist.   Saying so is just a tactic used by people unwilling to discuss the issue.

There is no balance here.  It is just more and more hate filled rhetoric against refugees and immigrants.  What is the point of that other than espousing a racist message?  There is no discussion here of immigration.  That is such a load of cod's wallop I'm surprised at you, James.

#310 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Micklewhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,220 posts
  • LocationSouff London

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:50 AM

Wishing to control migration of immigrants is not inherently racist.   Saying so is just a tactic used by people unwilling to discuss the issue.

And failing to acknowledge that some anti-immigrant sentiment is based in exclusionary racist thinking is naive at best, enabling and supporting at worst.

• Bogie56 likes this

#311 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,705 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

This thread is turning into nothing but a forum for racist rants.

#312 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:08 AM

This thread is turning into nothing but a forum for racist rants.

#313 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,490 posts
  • LocationTRUMP COUNTRY -- GOD'S COUNTRY -- PROUD DEPLORABLE

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:06 AM

LIVE: Truckers Block Calais To Demand Closure Of Migrant Camp

Truckers, dock workers, farmers and residents of Calais have shut down main roads into the port town in Northern France, promising to continue the blockade until the French government begins to dismantle the illegal ‘Jungle’ migrant camp.

Police recently declared large areas of the town “no-go zone” after dark as migrant violence “peaked”. Cars and trucks have been attacked with chainsaws and knifes, with migrants deliberately causing crashes so they can board vehicles.

Breitbart > http://www.breitbart...e-migrant-camp/

BUILD THE WALL. KEEP 'EM OUT. ROUND 'EM UP. BOOT 'EM OUT. BAD ONES, WIPE 'EM OUT. 

All glory is fleeting. General George Patton 

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The American dream does not come to those who fall asleep. Pres. Richard Nixon  

The American people, North and South, went into the war as citizens of their respective states, they came out as subjects. What they thus lost they have never got back.  H.L. Mencken

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#314 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:05 PM

Germany’s Populists Beat Merkel’s Migrant CDU Party: Exit Polls

Exit polls from Germany suggest the Alternative for Germany (AfD) party have beaten Angela Merkel’s CDU in her home state, one year after she opened Germany’s borders to unlimited migration.
The AfD is seen as the nationalist, populist, anti-mass migration party of the country which has undergone drastic changes, internal splits, and widespread “controversy” over the past few years.

The victory in Mrs. Merkel’s home state will pour cold water on her thoughts of running for another term as Germany Chancellor.

Breitbart > http://www.breitbart...els-home-state/

Build the Wall. Keep 'em out. Round 'em up. Boot 'em out. Bad ones, wipe 'em out.

A4kv_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-w

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The American people, North and South, went into the war as citizens of their respective states, they came out as subjects. What they thus lost they have never got back.  H.L. Mencken

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#315 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:53 AM

Migrants Refuse Jobs, Claiming They Are ‘Guests of Merkel’

I guess your point is that you hate immigrants and refugees.  Especially those that are slightly less white than you.

#316 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:49 AM

Germans Introduce New 'Anti-Rape' Measure: Girls Can Wear Fake Tattoos That Say 'NO!'

Rapists are supposed to fear this?

Truth Revolt > http://www.truthrevo...-tattoos-say-no

jrD5m_s-200x150.gif

BUILD THE WALL. KEEP 'EM OUT. ROUND 'EM UP. BOOT 'EM OUT. BAD ONES WIPE 'EM OUT.

#317 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Micklewhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,220 posts
  • LocationSouff London

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:16 AM

If history shows us anything, it's that it's always a good idea for Germans to have more weapons.

• Bogie56 and Dargo like this

#318 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:11 AM

German Anti-Immigrant Party Leader Urges People To Arm Themselves
frauke%20petry%202_0.jpg
 Zero Hedge > http://www.zerohedge...-arm-themselves

A4kv_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-w

#319 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:06 AM

Migrants Refuse Jobs, Claiming They Are ‘Guests of Merkel’
German-Chancellor-Angela-Merkel-poses-fo

Breitbart > http://www.breitbart...-guests-merkel/

Build the wall. Keep 'em out. Round 'em up. Boot 'em out. Bad ones wipe 'em out. 

#320 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,267 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:59 PM

I said a man's pocket because Rip Murdock is a character Bogie played in the film Dead Reckoning and there is a scene in the film where Bogie tells Liz Scott about a women's place.   I saw the film on the big screen and the women in the audience all booed when Bogie mentions this. 

How could I forget a character named Rip Murdock, but I did. I haven't

seen DR in a while. A similar comment got Barney Fife into trouble on

the small screen.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users