We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Trumpism In Europe

WESTERN CIVILIZATION SUPERIOR

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#301 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,416 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen. Exodus 33:23

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#302 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,416 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

Video: Marine Le Pen Smacks Down Reporter: ‘No One Trusts the Media’

INFO WARS >> https://www.infowars...usts-the-media/

giphy.gif

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen. Exodus 33:23

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#303 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:44 AM

Part of my post also mentioned that the 1933 equivalency to the stuff posted in this thread would have been put out by the Nazi party to aggrandize Adolf Hitler and his nationalistic message which included scapegoating minority cultures.  Perhaps the posters are conveniently ignorant of this equivalency as I doubt that their parents who may have fought against this right wing fascism in WWII would be very pleased.  And one should be very careful what one wishes for here.  History has shown that once a fascist dictatorship is in place it then costs millions of lives to depose it.

A few of the Trumpists on these threads are clearly not open to interaction. As Lawrence said, they merely want to make declarative statements, while deliberately trying to rub the noses of anyone differing with them the wrong way. And, for the most part, they never answer any questions that pose genuine concerns about Trump or his methods. They merely ignore them as they post another blaring headine either extolling him as President or burning (usually fake news distortions) his opponents. The underlining bigotry that exists in many of these postings is extremely disturbing. They don't try to hide it anymore, emboldened by Trump's election.

These posters go beyond mere partisanship. They are truly fanatics, with whom a reasonable interaction is virtually impossible. They're minds are made up and they are undoubtedly proud of that fact, too. The truth and the fact that they post fake articles is of virtually no concern to them. Just getting their political viewpoint across is all that matters to them.

And, yes, the fanaticism of these posters does make me think they would approve any clamp down on civil liberties that might be imposed upon America by Trump (as long as the clamp downs don't impact themselves, of course). In that respect, how different are they from Hitler's most stalwart and saluting of followers, many of them also fiercely hating anyone they perceived as "foreign" or not a member of their racial "club."

• Princess of Tap likes this

#304 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:09 AM

You don't actually think that they're interested in swaying anybody, do you? They just want to cheer on those who already think like they do while annoying or angering those that don't. This is not about winning hearts and minds, or finding common ground, or debating issues in any meaningful way whatsoever. It's cheerleading themselves and/or insulting/mocking everyone else. 

Part of my post also mentioned that the 1933 equivalency to the stuff posted in this thread would have been put out by the Nazi party to aggrandize Adolf Hitler and his nationalistic message which included scapegoating minority cultures.  Perhaps the posters are conveniently ignorant of this equivalency as I doubt that their parents who may have fought against this right wing fascism in WWII would be very pleased.  And one should be very careful what one wishes for here.  History has shown that once a fascist dictatorship is in place it then costs millions of lives to depose it.

• TomJH and LawrenceA like this

#305 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:55 PM

I know that I've read multiple posts from Bogie, Tom, PoT, and DGF asking questions (in a civil polite manner) only to receive either no response or something along the lines of "Libtards have mental disorders" or "godless progressives hate the real America" or, my personal favorite, "go home to your mommy and cry little baby".

Hilarious. As a recipient of that witty response, I can honestly say it took me back to the days went I heard comments of that nature in a primary school school yard.

#306 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Hammer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,983 posts
  • LocationBreathin' Down Your Neck!

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

I now:  look at who provided the last reply,  if it isn't MR666 (since it will just be a link or some other uninteresting crap)  or that conservative tool,   I read it.  Once I'm done going to those threads I hit 'mark all threads as read'.

I can't agree about Mr. 6's posts, as he often links interesting articles from a variety of sources. I don't read them all, but I read more of them than from most other posters who frequently post links.

I, too, avoid some threads, like any that just post videos over and over again with little to no commentary. It would be nice if there was just a single thread dedicated to posting videos, especially since the majority of them come from the same YouTube content provider.

• Bogie56 and Princess of Tap like this

#307 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

I know that I've read multiple posts from Bogie, Tom, PoT, and DGF asking questions (in a civil polite manner) only to receive either no response or something along the lines of "Libtards have mental disorders" or "godless progressives hate the real America" or, my personal favorite, "go home to your mommy and cry little baby".

After a certain number of such responses, perhaps you'll understand why people begin returning in kind. I know from personal experience on here how this goes, since I often tried reaching out to people with whom I disagreed and the responses I got ranged from being told to never "Like" their posts again, to actual threats of physical violence, to one poster PM'ing others to tell them to put me ignore because I was "a creep" for disagreeing with them politically.

It baffled me for a while why these specific posters continued to post here, since they never seemed to have anything positive to say or made no attempts at conversations, only posting declarative statements and then leaving, and rarely if ever even talking about movies. But I've come to understand that there's a certain type of individual that apparently can't communicate in any other way.

Yes,  one conservative around is a complete and total tool.    No question about that.    Others like Nip do try to have an actual discussion but are often so misinformed (often intentionally) that it makes having a discussion difficult.

As for why they post 'here',   it appears you mean the overall forum,  but as it relates to this specific thread;  they created it and I assume they feel doing so is getting out the message they want to get out.  AND you have to admit that is working,   I.e. "libtards" come to this thread,  read the post and often reply.

So what I wonder more about is why do these 'libtards' do that?     Why take the tools' bait?    Resist the temptation to have to read everything posted around here.     Hey,  I don't always do this either but in the last 3 - 4 weeks I have changed how I use view threads in Chit-chat forum. 

I now:  look at who provided the last reply,  if it isn't MR666 (since it will just be a link or some other uninteresting crap)  or that conservative tool,   I read it.  Once I'm done going to those threads I hit 'mark all threads as read'.

#308 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Hammer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,983 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

While I see you're point to you really thing the Trump-haters around here are interested in finding common ground?

To me many of the posts from these folks fall into;   'It's cheerleading themselves and/or insulting/mocking everyone else'.

E.g. 99% of MR666 post. 

I know from personal experience on here how this goes, since I often tried reaching out to people with whom I disagreed and the responses I got ranged from being told to never "Like" their posts again, to actual threats of physical violence, to one poster PM'ing others to tell them to put me ignore because I was "a creep" for disagreeing with them politically.

It baffled me for a while why these specific posters continued to post here, since they never seemed to have anything positive to say or made no attempts at conversations, only posting declarative statements and then leaving, and rarely if ever even talking about movies. But I've come to understand that there's a certain type of individual that apparently can't communicate in any other way.

#309 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

You don't actually think that they're interested in swaying anybody, do you? They just want to cheer on those who already think like they do while annoying or angering those that don't. This is not about winning hearts and minds, or finding common ground, or debating issues in any meaningful way whatsoever.

While I see you're point to you really thing the Trump-haters around here are interested in finding common ground?

To me many of the posts from these folks fall into;   'It's cheerleading themselves and/or insulting/mocking everyone else'.

E.g. 99% of MR666 post. 

#310 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Hammer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,983 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

Who are they serving by posting all of this hate messaging?  Do they really think anyone will be swayed by their bigotry?

You don't actually think that they're interested in swaying anybody, do you? They just want to cheer on those who already think like they do while annoying or angering those that don't. This is not about winning hearts and minds, or finding common ground, or debating issues in any meaningful way whatsoever. It's cheerleading themselves and/or insulting/mocking everyone else. 

• TomJH, Bogie56 and Princess of Tap like this

#311 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,422 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

Le Pen's National Front has Decades of History of Hatred of Jews, Hatred of Muslims, Hatred of blacks--there's no other way to put it.

Le Front National is simply a party of hate originally founded by Le Pen to compensate for France's losing the colony of Algeria-- a political party birthed in retro- racist colonialism.
  • mr6666 likes this

#312 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

MGXI3ful_bigger.jpg

Տᗩᑎᗪᖇᗩ ن‏ @SandraTXAS 13h13 hours ago

France : This is your last chance to save your nation vote Marine Le Pen Make France Great Again #Marine2017 #MFGA #MAGA #Trump

C6xnp5pVoAAr7r4.jpg

I take it if this was 1933 the people posting this right wing propaganda would be supporting Adolf Hitler.  Shame on them.

Who are they serving by posting all of this hate messaging?  Do they really think anyone will be swayed by their bigotry?

#313 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,422 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

French farmers hope Marine Le Pen will free them from EU 'straitjacket'

http://www.telegraph...u-straitjacket/

Bet she has the temperament of her father! :o

maxresdefault-1.jpg

He sort of reminds me of...

sigpic125495_1.gif

German Anti-Trump Parade Floats Are SAVAGE (IMAGES)

"On Monday was the annual Rosenmontag — Rose Monday — parade in Germany, effectively marking the end of the annual Carnival (die fünfte Jahreszeit) celebration. The parades across the nation getting quite a bit of attention for the numerous, numerous parade floats featuring a certain bright orange alleged President, and with good reason — they are savage....

http://bluetribune.c...-savage-images/

rose-monday-carnival.jpg

GYHU0gVH_bigger.jpg
Voice of Europe‏ @V_of_Europe Mar 5
C6KZe8DXQAEshom.jpg
Marine Le Pen

There's no other way to describe Anti-Semitism.

France took part in the Holocaust during World War II-- hopefully that will not happen again.

#314 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,422 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

C6zl8ikWsAA7dSS.jpg

Anti-Semitism doesn't liberate anybody.

#315 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,422 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

GYHU0gVH_bigger.jpg
Voice of Europe‏ @V_of_Europe Mar 11

Hundreds of Islamists shouting "Allahu Akbar" in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Wilders is right for over 10 years. #turkijerelpic.twitter.com/dV2SjXg23r

C6radvKXAAAiBb-.jpg

DEUTSCHLAND ÜBER ALLES

#316 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,416 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

GYHU0gVH_bigger.jpg

Voice of Europe @V_of_Europe Mar 11

Hundreds of Islamists shouting "Allahu Akbar" in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Wilders is right for over 10 years. #turkijerelpic.twitter.com/dV2SjXg23r

C6radvKXAAAiBb-.jpg

John Wayne

#317 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,416 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

MGXI3ful_bigger.jpg

Տᗩᑎᗪᖇᗩ ن @SandraTXAS 13h13 hours ago

France : This is your last chance to save your nation vote Marine Le Pen Make France Great Again #Marine2017 #MFGA #MAGA #Trump

C6xnp5pVoAAr7r4.jpg

John Wayne

#318 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,416 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

C6zl8ikWsAA7dSS.jpg

John Wayne

#319 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,906 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

Erdogan Says Dutch Will 'Pay the Price' for Insult-

The Netherlands had denied Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu landing rights to address crowds at a Rotterdam rally

"Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan drove his dispute with European nations to the hilt Sunday, claiming that "Nazism is alive in the West" after two of his ministers were prevented from campaigning in the Netherlands over the weekend....

....some European nations claim that Turkey under Erdogan is slowly slipping toward dictatorial means, especially since the aborted coup of last summer...

"Those who treat my foreign minister, my economy minister, our legislator friends in a shameless way, will pay the price. Those who unleash the dogs and their hatred will pay the price," he added...

http://www.nbcchicag...FlowTwt_CHBrand

-sound familiar? :unsure:

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#320 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,416 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

GYHU0gVH_bigger.jpg

Voice of Europe Retweeted

Pls RT: THIS is what happened to my beloved #Greece in 2015. Greeks CRYING on live tv bcse refugees turned the whole island into a war zone

@HelenaDeZeus Mar 6

tumblr_o59ov4Vvdy1txfen3o1_500.gif

John Wayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users