We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

TRUMPISM IN EUROPE

WESTERN CIVILIZATION SUPERIOR

• Please log in to reply
693 replies to this topic

#41 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,606 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

ZBEs235N_bigger.jpg Reuters Top NewsVerified account @Reuters 22m22 minutes ago

Over 460 people injured in Catalonia during referendum: Barcelona mayor http://reut.rs/2yPM4PG DLEJUXWWkAEKdR-.jpg

Civil War...

And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. 2 Samuel 11:2

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#42 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,644 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:11 PM

DP.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#43 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,644 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:11 PM

What a nice story. Too bad it's fake. Another one bites the dust.

http://www.snopes.co...rs/pershing.asp

#44 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,256 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:38 PM

pershing.jpg

• JakeHolman likes this

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#45 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,644 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

I guess Boris didn't get the sun has set memo. 

#46 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,869 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:07 PM

The White Man's Burden & Puerto Rico

We studied Rudyard Kipling's poem "The White Man's Burden" in junior high school, as our supplemental texts actually came from books that were primarily used in the 1940s.

In this poem the United States has just acquired the Philippines after the *Spanish-American War and Rudyard Kipling is calling upon the Americans to establish an Empire similar to that of Great Britain to further Western Civilization to non-white people.

*As a result of this war, the United States acquired Puerto Rico.

Take up The White Man's Burden
Send forth the best ye breed--
Go bind your sons to Exile
To serve your captives' need;
To wait in heavy harness,
On fluttered folk and wild--
Your new- caught, sullen peoples,
Half- devil and half- child.

So goes the first stanza of this poem In praise of encouraging the
United States to maintain it's imperialist stature. Teddy Roosevelt was greatly influenced by this poem, as his subsequent policies as president demonstrated.

trump's response today to the Puerto Ricans has a bit of the stench of this ancient neo-colonialism to it.

The Spanish-American War took place in 1898-- and here we are in 2017.
History does matter.

#47 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,771 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

Boris Johnson didn't realize his mic was on when he recited lines from Rudyard Kipling's "Road to Mandalay" in a temple in Burma. The poem is pro-colonial. Uncool for the Foreign Secretary of the country that occupied Burma to refer to it on an official state visit.

Boris Johnson caught on camera reciting Kipling in Myanmar temple

https://www.theguard...-myanmar-temple

BY THE old Moulmein Pagoda, lookin' lazy at the sea,

There's a Burma girl a-settin', and I know she thinks o' me;
For the wind is in the palm-trees, and the temple-bells they say:
"Come you back, you British soldier; come you back to Mandalay! "

Appreciate he didn't sing it. :lol:

#48 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,801 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:38 PM

Boris Johnson didn't realize his mic was on when he recited lines from Rudyard Kipling's "Road to Mandalay" in a temple in Burma. The poem is pro-colonial. Uncool for the Foreign Secretary of the country that occupied Burma to refer to it on an official state visit.

Boris Johnson caught on camera reciting Kipling in Myanmar temple

https://www.theguard...-myanmar-temple

BY THE old Moulmein Pagoda, lookin' lazy at the sea,

There's a Burma girl a-settin', and I know she thinks o' me;
For the wind is in the palm-trees, and the temple-bells they say:
"Come you back, you British soldier; come you back to Mandalay! "

#49 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,793 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

AP EuropeVerified account @AP_Europe 49m49 minutes ago

Europe is "blind" to the dangers of nationalism, French President Macron warns as he proposes a tighter union http://apne.ws/gCAqkky 

DKqtMCyVYAAtMYd.jpg

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#50 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,256 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg The Daily Caller‏Verified account @DailyCaller 5h5 hours ago

Benedict Cumberbatch Wants Refugees Nowhere Near His Kid https://trib.al/CYAC6Sb DKkRtJAXoAAoyoo.jpg

Another limousine libtard phony... 

he is no more likely to practice the phony brand of meaningless liberal charity than the pelosis of san francisco bay are.

oh, he's got a new baby. liberals historically say things to fake charity and selflessness but then surprisingly ;) refuse to follow through on it...

"but if you feel the offer itself is enough?..." -the president (henry fonda), fail-safe

but in liberal president fonda's case, he did!...

and nuked NYC...to avoid all-out thermonuclear annihilation. some liberal balancing act. :)

:lol:

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#51 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,644 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:29 PM

Mutti Uber Alles. Trumpism in Europe is a loser's game. 

Lost in the Netherlands, lost in France, and now lost in

Germany. Three strike and you're out. 

#52 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,771 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:37 AM

ZBEs235N_bigger.jpg Reuters Top News‏Verified account @Reuters 3h3 hours ago

As Germans clip Merkel's wings, Brussels braces for turbulence http://reut.rs/2fqZEV0 DKhSDb3VoAAEgdJ.jpg

A buzzard can't feed without wings. :lol:

#53 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,606 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:34 AM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 5h5 hours ago

Benedict Cumberbatch Wants Refugees Nowhere Near His Kid https://trib.al/CYAC6Sb DKkRtJAXoAAoyoo.jpg

Another limousine libtard phony... 

And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. 2 Samuel 11:2

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#54 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,606 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:32 PM

ZBEs235N_bigger.jpg Reuters Top NewsVerified account @Reuters 3h3 hours ago

As Germans clip Merkel's wings, Brussels braces for turbulence http://reut.rs/2fqZEV0 DKhSDb3VoAAEgdJ.jpg

John Wayne

#55 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,606 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

ZBEs235N_bigger.jpg Reuters Top NewsVerified account @Reuters 3h3 hours ago

Germany's jubilant far-right has Merkel in its sights http://reut.rs/2xCULPn DKhUWPyXkAI1Uja.jpg

John Wayne

#56 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,606 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:30 PM

ZBEs235N_bigger.jpg Reuters Top NewsVerified account @Reuters 2h2 hours ago

France's Le Pen congratulates German far-right AfD http://reut.rs/2xBXsR8 DKhWqa_X0AAMvKZ.jpg

John Wayne

#57 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,606 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

cUO4gD1A_bigger.jpg

Hundreds of protesters rally outside the AfD election-night party near Alexanderplatz in Berlin https://t.co/K8XaorEBl3 https://t.co/ReFzVlW8gp

— Bloomberg Politics (@bpolitics) https://twitter.com/...054185998389248

John Wayne

#58 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,606 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:37 PM

cUO4gD1A_bigger.jpg Bloomberg PoliticsVerified account @bpolitics 1h1 hour ago

Euro falls as Merkel faces German coalition test after election https://bloom.bg/2y22XcV  #BTW17GermanElection2017_v2.pngDKhZX0BXkAEiiRH.jpg

John Wayne

#59 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,606 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:27 PM

so3lTEtE_bigger.jpg Voice of Europe @V_of_Europe 5h5 hours ago

'It will take only 30 to 40 years for the Muslim population to become the majority in Europe.' https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/11044/europe-white-death#.Wcfy8hkHf2w.twitter DKghM-nXUAAI6L2.jpg

John Wayne

#60 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,606 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

ZBEs235N_bigger.jpg Reuters Top News‏Verified account @Reuters 40m40 minutes ago
Incensed over refugees, east Germans punish easterner Merkel And on Sunday, it was voters in the east, incensed by her decision to allow hundreds of thousands of refugees into the country, that helped send her conservatives to their worst result since 1949 and vaulted a far-right party into the German parliament. http://reut.rs/2xCZgsW

DKhfydMWsAEPeMQ.jpg

John Wayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users