We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

TRUDEAU'S CANADA

• Please log in to reply
462 replies to this topic

#1 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:11 AM

MY guess, Tom?!

It was MM's way of saying that if left on his own, Donny Boy would have probably gotten lost within the halls of Parliament there in Ottawa, and if the logistics of the visitations had been reversed.

Here's some personal Canadiana for you, Dargo: my parents took me to Ottawa when I was a baby in a stroller and, under those circumstances, they got lost in the Parliament building.

So who should come walking around the corner? John Diefenbaker, future PM of the country. He took mercy upon my parents' plight and spent ten minutes or so taking them on a brief tour of the place. According to Mom he patted me on my little future voter head, too. I was too busy drooling to notice at the time, I guess.

Now that's got to be a unique way for any Canadian to meet a future leader of his country.

#2 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

What's that supposed to mean?

MY guess, Tom?!

It was MM's way of saying that if left on his own, Donny Boy would have probably gotten lost within the halls of Parliament there in Ottawa, and if the logistics of the visitations had been reversed.

YOU know. Kind'a like the other day and after he announced his Executive Order(btw, "funny" isn't it how NOW days his supporters have NO problem at all with HIS record setting pace of those things, and YET they'd cry and moan about his predecessor being "imperious" and "un-constututional" when HE signed 'em...ahh, but I digress) the dunderhead forgot to actually SIGN his little E-O gutting the ACA and started walking off the stage!

(...yep, his Secretary-of-State was exactly right when he called him a ******* moron, alright) 

#3 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

Trudeau came to the United States, not the other way around.

What's that supposed to mean?

#4 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

Trudeau came to the United States, not the other way around.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

#5 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

It's the way you usher small children into a room, so it was very fitting.

Did a Canadian ever sneeze in your face sometime and forget to apologize, MM? You stoop so low with such petty little shots.

It's also amusing that a Trump supporter refers to the leader of any other country as being child-like.

baby_trump.jpg

original.jpg

• Dargo likes this

#6 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:29 AM

Melania Trump displays 'masculine' gesture upon greeting Trudeaus at White House, says body expert

President Trump and Melania Trump hosted Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his wife at the White House on Thursday, and one of the first lady's movements raised some eyebrows.

Trudeau and his wife, Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, greeted the 45th U.S. president and first lady outside the White House, addressing one another with cheek kisses and handshakes. After posing for photos, the first couple welcomed the Trudeaus inside the historic building -- which is when the first lady appeared to mirror her husband's arm placement.

According to an image taken during the encounter, President Trump is seen placing his hand on the back of his wife. The first lady, in turn, then motioned her own hand toward the back of Sophie Grégoire.

"She is indeed mirroring her husband, it is a 'protective gesture,'' body language expert Lillian Glass says. Glass says the move from the former Slovenian model is a "guiding gesture" meant to help steer someone in the right direction.

It's the way you usher small children into a room, so it was very fitting.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

#7 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:04 AM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller Oct 14

Trudeau Government Can’t Say How Much Pot Is Too Much To Drive https://trib.al/yzJevu7 DMJV5zzWAAIHCSA.jpg

And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. 2 Samuel 11:2

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#8 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:07 AM

Marie ClaireVerified account @marieclaire Oct 11

In an exclusive essay, Canadian Prime Minister @JustinTrudeau explains why he's raising his kids to be feminists: http://mrie.cl/kVXu1TTDL23Qa5UIAEOrRp.jpg

A WEAK SISTER...

And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. 2 Samuel 11:2

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#9 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:49 AM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 3h3 hours ago

Trudeau Bringing His ‘Sunny Ways’ To Overcast NAFTA Talks https://trib.al/HzvhVbF DL7xPDtUIAEO-QY.jpg

John Wayne

#10 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,771 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

"For a period between the 1960s and 1980s, a Canadian government program forcibly separated indigenous children from their families and put them up for adoption around the world.

In a bid to address that injustice, Canada on Friday agreed to pay $600 million in legal settlements.....

http://www.pbs.org/n...igenous-people/

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#11 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:51 AM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller Oct 7

Ontario Bill Would Ban Pro-Life Protests Within 50 Yards Of Abortion Clinics https://trib.al/UJncH8N DLhNTEsW4AAwoPa.jpg

John Wayne

#12 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

CBC News Retweeted

John Wayne

#13 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:24 PM

23LkpO-n_bigger.jpg CBC NewsVerified account @CBCNews 2h2 hours ago

WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: Police release video of 'asts of terrorism' suspect car ramming police officer http://www.cbc.ca/ne...truck-1.4315545

John Wayne

#14 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

hHnFe4Sx_bigger.jpg Fox NewsVerified account @FoxNews 3h3 hours ago

Terrorism suspected in Edmonton attack that leaves 5 injured http://fxn.ws/2fB924J 

John Wayne

#15 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

mMOcAhJF_bigger.jpg The SunVerified account @TheSun 11h11 hours ago

Chaos in Canada as car ‘smashes into pedestrians and leaves a cop seriously injured’ http://thesun.uk/601384rpV DLCDCGyWkAA9i2P.jpg

John Wayne

#16 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

slV_OilN_bigger.jpeg National ReviewVerified account @NRO 19h19 hours ago

Finally, #Canada Begins to Consider U.S. #MissileDefense Partnership http://bit.ly/2hCSRs9  via @PhilipDeVoeDK6fwkkVoAEhJ16.jpg

John Wayne

#17 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:38 AM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 8h8 hours ago

Trudeau Cheers Liberals Who Walked Out On Pro-Life Nominee https://trib.al/gwvhm0d DK3-MaCWAAA2GhS.jpg

John Wayne

#18 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

23LkpO-n_bigger.jpg CBC NewsVerified account @CBCNews 23m23 minutes ago Health Canada to launch new campaign warning youth about risks of cannabis use http://www.cbc.ca/1.4304523 DKhyG_dW0AAqlye.jpg

John Wayne

#19 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

F-0MRWVe_bigger.jpg Save the West‏ @SaveTWest Sep 22

Canadian PM Justin Trudeau Says All Men Should Be Feminists, Calls For End to 'Bro Culture' https://www.informat...n.com/?id=57406 all-men-should-be-feminists-justin.jpg

BARF

John Wayne

#20 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:51 PM

cUO4gD1A_bigger.jpg Bloomberg PoliticsVerified account @bpolitics 9m9 minutes ago

"No progress" so far in Nafta talks, Canadian Labor leader says https://bloom.bg/2y3aEiQ DKhthgtVwAAy8Jm.jpg

John Wayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users