We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

TRUDEAU'S CANADA

• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#1 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,524 posts
  • LocationTRUMP COUNTRY -- GOD'S COUNTRY -- PROUD DEPLORABLE

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg

The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 30m30 minutes ago

Conservative Senator Accepts Dinner Invite From Trudeau, Gets Booted From Party http://trib.al/OukHAg8 pic.twitter.com/cA4E6LtupM

DAciGORW0AITHG5.jpg

All glory is fleeting. General George Patton 

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The American dream does not come to those who fall asleep. Pres. Richard Nixon  

The American people, North and South, went into the war as citizens of their respective states, they came out as subjects. What they thus lost they have never got back.  H.L. Mencken

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#2 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:20 PM

Canada and 10 other nations are moving ahead with TPP without America.

We have been ripped off enough over the last 8 years on trade, good riddance.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

#3 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:35 PM

Canada and 10 other nations are moving ahead with TPP without America.

#4 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

Former candidate for the leadership of the Conservative Party, multi-millionaire Kevin O'Leary left the race with $200,000 in debts and many small time workers have been stiffed.

#5 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:36 PM

Climate change to cause more floods in Canada: Trudeau

Montreal (AFP) - Expect more floods, wildfires and other natural disasters than ever before, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau warned Thursday as he toured flood-ravaged Quebec province, citing climate change as the reason.

"The frequency of extreme weather events is increasing," Trudeau told reporters on the ground after the helicopter tour. "And that's related to climate change.

"So we're going to have to understand that bracing for a hundred-year storm is maybe going to happen every ten years now or every few years."

Instead of worrying about all the sewage his country continuously dumps into its rivers and oceans, Trudeau pretends to be a weather forecaster of all things and lies about global warming.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

#6 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,524 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:59 PM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg

The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 4h4 hours ago

Trudeau To Force Carbon Tax On Every Canadian Province http://trib.al/17oyzvD pic.twitter.com/405gIF68sb

DAOqa2wUIAE7Fvk.jpg

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The American people, North and South, went into the war as citizens of their respective states, they came out as subjects. What they thus lost they have never got back.  H.L. Mencken

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#7 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,371 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

Canada's opinion of U.S. reaches record 35-year low after election of Donald Trump

Canadians’ view on the U.S. have changed for the worse since the election of Donald Trump, according to a new survey. 

Fewer than half of those surveyed have a “favourable view” of the U.S., the lowest in the 35 years the survey has been asking the question about the U.S.-Canada relationship.

In addition, nearly 20 per cent of survey respondents said they were changing travel plans that included the U.S. They cited the political climate as a primary reason for doing so.

http://www.msn.com/e...cid=mailsignout

#8 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:29 AM

O’Leary drops out, endorses Bernier for Conservative leader

Kevin O’Leary has dropped out of the Conservative leadership race, pinning his decision on being unable to break through in Quebec. And he’s throwing his support behind Quebec MP Maxime Bernier, who is seen as the front-runner. O’Leary entered the race in January and found growing support everywhere except Quebec, where he hasn’t broken past 12 per cent. “You have to win 30 seats. So, who can do that? It’s Bernier,” ‘O’Leary said. The news came on the same day as the last Tory leadership debate, where 13 candidates jockeyed for attention. Some of those remaining will likely need to start dropping out and endorsing other candidates if someone wants to defeat Bernier.

#9 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:58 AM

Trudeau Forced To Explain Economics To Trump As He Threatens Trade War With Canada-

"Trudeau spoke out Tuesday against new tariffs being imposed by the Trump administration on softwood lumber imports from Canada.

“There are millions of good U.S. jobs that depend on the smooth flow of goods, services and people back and forth across our border,” Trudeau said. “You cannot thicken this border without hurting people on both sides of it.”

Not only is Trudeau right to defend the interests of his own country, but he is also standing up for the American people as well, since they, too, will be hurt by Trump’s move.

As CBC noted in a tweet, Trump’s tariff would make U.S. houses more expensive and cost American workers hundreds of millions of dollars in the form of lost wages.....

http://www.politicus...war-canada.html

-_-

It certainly will hurt the little guy.  My Canadian lumber stocks jumped 10% UP on the news yesterday so the Canadian lumber companies are certainly not the ones who are going to lose anything in Trump's stupid trade tactics.

• mr6666 likes this

#10 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:51 PM

Trudeau Forced To Explain Economics To Trump As He Threatens Trade War With Canada-

"Trudeau spoke out Tuesday against new tariffs being imposed by the Trump administration on softwood lumber imports from Canada.

“There are millions of good U.S. jobs that depend on the smooth flow of goods, services and people back and forth across our border,” Trudeau said. “You cannot thicken this border without hurting people on both sides of it.”

Not only is Trudeau right to defend the interests of his own country, but he is also standing up for the American people as well, since they, too, will be hurt by Trump’s move.

As CBC noted in a tweet, Trump’s tariff would make U.S. houses more expensive and cost American workers hundreds of millions of dollars in the form of lost wages.....

http://www.politicus...war-canada.html

-_-

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#11 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,274 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

So, what's up with THIS?

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-show-1.4079144

Does Canada even HAVE a second amendment?

That's similar to the U.S. 2nd?

Or is this( as I suspect) a case of American nutjobs encroaching Canadian soil?

And how does killing Jackson Browne assure protection of any constitutional amendment ?   :wacko:

Sepiatone

What's so hard to understand about this, Sepia? In fact, you can bet that you yourself hit upon the very explanation for this, and with your above sentence which I highlighted.

I mean first, the idiot American who OBVIOUSLY made those fliers would once again show how so many of his ilk have the education level of a freakin' 10 year old, what with the idiot incorrectly spelling the word "Canadians" on his flier, but SECONDLY the idiot ALSO doesn't seem to know that Canada does not have a "Second Amendment" in any form or manner which resembles the "right to bear arms" that's in the U.S. Constitution.

(...and so, considering just THESE two points AND the thought that the vast majority of Americans pretty know diddly-SQUAT about the country to our north and other than that it's DAMN cold up there half the year, once again you can BET your freakin' HOUSE that it was some dumb freakin' under-educated, paranoid, right wing, rural hick, nut job AMERICAN who was responsible for that)

• mr6666 likes this

#12 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,934 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

So, what's up with THIS?

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-show-1.4079144

Does Canada even HAVE a second amendment?

That's similar to the U.S. 2nd?

Or is this( as I suspect) a case of American nutjobs encroaching Canadian soil?

And how does killing Jackson Browne assure protection of any constitutional amendment ?   :wacko:

Sepiatone

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

#13 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,524 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

inm00S9s_bigger.jpg

Washington ExaminerVerified account @dcexaminer 2h2 hours ago

Justin Trudeau: Trump listens "unlike many politicians" http://washex.am/2pLAbbO 

C977OxaXsAQMf_D.jpg

#14 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,524 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:42 AM

cUO4gD1A_bigger.jpg

Bloomberg PoliticsVerified account @bpolitics 4h4 hours ago

Trump dives straight into a trade fight with Canada, promising U.S. dairy farmers relief https://bloom.bg/2pfJMrB 

C9xLQRtWAAA9TPZ.jpg

#15 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,524 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:04 AM

cUO4gD1A_bigger.jpg

Bloomberg PoliticsVerified account @bpolitics 1m1 minute ago

Canada puts housing speculators on notice as Toronto prices soar https://bloom.bg/2pglBcP 

C9x9m-cXkAEah5h.jpg

#16 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,524 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:32 AM

cUO4gD1A_bigger.jpg

Bloomberg PoliticsVerified account @bpolitics 2h2 hours ago

Missing wages keep the Bank of Canada on its heels https://bloom.bg/2ohRfF2 

C9DHPAPWAAMCbAz.jpg

#17 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,524 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:27 AM

THE CANADA GIANT GREEN BLOB

#18 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,524 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

THE NEXT CANADIAN PM

#19 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,371 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:57 AM

Kevin O'Leary is a soulless opportunist who like Trump has made a name for himself in business, reality television and arrogance extraordinaire.  Another slime ball just like Tump.

Now you're reeeeally making Jake like him.

#20 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:38 AM

Kevin O’Leary, a reality-TV celebrity and neophyte politician who has taken a Trumplike approach to his quest for the Conservative leadership, says illegal crossings are “unacceptable” and that Canada must beef up its border security to avert a flood of refugees. “I don’t want what’s happening in Europe to happen in Canada,” he said in a recent campaign video.

Kevin O'Leary is a soulless opportunist who like Trump has made a name for himself in business, reality television and arrogance extraordinaire.  Another slime ball just like Tump.

• mr6666 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users