We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

TRUDEAU'S CANADA

• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#281 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,417 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:37 PM

Canada, Mexico ready to talk about NAFTA with US

Canada and Mexico agreed Thursday to US President-elect Donald Trump's demand to have a fresh look at their tripartite 22-year-old free trade pact, fearing they could be shut out of the US market.

AFP > https://www.afp.com/...-about-nafta-us
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s
 STRONG PRESIDENT 

• NipkowDisc likes this

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen. Exodus 33:23

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#282 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,417 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:30 AM

Canadians Don’t Want America-Fleeing Liberals 

HEATSTREET > http://heatst.com/po...ly-lena-dunham/

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen. Exodus 33:23

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#283 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,904 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:20 PM

CANADA: NATION OF 36 MILLION OWES $4.4 TRILLION, TRIPLE ECONOMY’S SIZE.

INVESTMENT WATCH >> http://investmentwat...-economys-size/

CIRCLING IN THE TANK

Something else we share in common red ink  but the Canadian Debt Clock shows something different. Currency is in US dollars.  

http://www.debtclock.ca/

635,971,670,129.37 USD = 848,418,855,147.29 CD

#284 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,417 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:38 PM

CANADA: NATION OF 36 MILLION OWES $4.4 TRILLION, TRIPLE ECONOMY’S SIZE.

INVESTMENT WATCH >> http://investmentwat...-economys-size/

CIRCLING IN THE TANK

John Wayne

#285 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Hammer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,983 posts
  • LocationBreathin' Down Your Neck!

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:07 PM

Stop the hate, Jake.

Would he know how? It seems to be what he lives and breathes for.

• TheCid and TomJH like this

#286 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:04 PM

Trudeau: Welcoming Syrian Refugees is 'What Makes Us Canadian'

There have been quite a few human interest stories on this up here.  Good people.  Glad we can help them.

Stop the hate, Jake.

• mr6666, TheCid and TomJH like this

#287 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,417 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:02 PM

Trudeau: Welcoming Syrian Refugees is 'What Makes Us Canadian'

That's great, Justin, but what makes the refugees Canadian?

TRUTH REVOLT > http://www.truthrevo...kes-us-Canadian

DUMMY

John Wayne

#288 rewrite

rewrite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationBellevue, Wash.

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:04 AM

Sympathetic Canadians Have a Message for Americans: You Guys Are Great

http://www.nytimes.c...-are-great.html

• mr6666 likes this

#289 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,417 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 16 October 2016 - 12:21 PM

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as accessory to Aboriginal suicides
alexander101616.jpg
Many remote settlements resemble the apartheid—era Bantustans of South Africa. Trudeau must have read Mowat, and he had one wake-up call in January 2016, when a distressed and bullied student killed two teachers and two fellow students: “The country’s heart is breaking for the people of La Loche, Saskatchewan today,” he said at the time. 
CANADA FREE PRESS > http://canadafreepre...iginal-suicides
jrD5m_s-200x150.gif

John Wayne

#290 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,417 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 17 September 2016 - 10:37 AM

Making America Great Again’ not welcome on Canadian Campus

By Judi McLeod —— Bio and Archives September 16, 2016
They live in a country whose Liberal Government only last week made calling ISIS Daesh official, but some students at Mount Royal University in Calgary are afraid of a baseball cap bearing the words “Make America Great Again”.

Just wearing the cap somehow threatens “safe spaces” so a female student claiming that the cap’s message stands for “hate language” loudly insisted in a sustained confrontation with a male cap-wearing student that he “must” take it off.

Few would have known about the confrontation had someone not posted a video of the altercation online.

CANADA FREE PRESS > http://canadafreepre...canadian-campusjrD5m_s-200x150.gif

John Wayne

#291 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,417 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 17 September 2016 - 10:24 AM

Wynne Launches Petition Against... Herself?

Perhaps the Liberals have noticed the tens of thousands of signatures on other petitions protesting the high hydro rates they caused. Googling hydro rate petitions will yield the existing province-wide petition launched by the Canadian Taxpayers Federation, and countless local petitions to municipalities. Perhaps Premier Wynne just wants to join in on the fun by launching her own hydro rate petition, since they’re proving so popular.

They could also launch a petition to stop the new cap-and-trade tax on home heating and gasoline, which is going to take effect the same day as the hydro HST rebate, and will cost you more than the rebate will save you. The government predicts the HST rebate will save you about $130, while the new tax on home heating and gasoline will cost you between $156 and $387. The Liberals will be happy to know that petitions against this new tax are already quite popular, with thousands of signatures on the petition launched by the Canadian Taxpayers Federation.

CANANDA FREE PRESS > http://canadafreepre...inst...-herself

SOME GOOD CANADIANS FIGHTING HIGH TAXES & UTILITY BILLS AND BIG GOVT.

John Wayne

#292 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Hammer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,983 posts
  • LocationBreathin' Down Your Neck!

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:52 AM

Who the heck is Tim Sarant? 

Some random schmo in an internet comments section. As anyone who's anyone knows, that's the font of true wisdom. After all, if you read it on the internet, "people are talking about it", "I'm seeing this on the internet", "It's been reported", all of those sources of secret knowledge that Trump likes to quote.

#293 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:21 AM

• Tim Sarant Guest

Note: quote from the remarks section from a Canadian.

Who the heck is Tim Sarant? A rabid Conservative, no doubt, who voted for Harper's hate agenda last fall. No wonder you quote from him, Jake.

#294 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,417 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:11 AM

You live in a bubble of paranoia, hatred, and bigotry, Jake.

As for Canada's "stinking" economy . . .

Canada adds 26,000 jobs in August, beating estimates

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ugust-1.3753302

• Tim Sarant Guest
  • Rank 0

So, the REAL "net change" - since we've lost over 100,000 jobs since junior took over - is about NEGATIVE 74,000. (almost half of this is in Liberal Ontario ... hmmmm)

Now that he's giving away all our jobs to China - expect this to drop further.

New taxes (cap and trade - which hasn't worked anywhere) are coming!

Come on now all you Liberal supporters, you didn't REALLY think things would be better for you with this lot in power did you?

• 1 day ago

Note: quote from the remarks section from a Canadian.

John Wayne

#295 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:05 AM

Note: your economy stinks and your citizens will grow restless and react to crime and vagrancy. Wait and see.

Wasn't looking for this article just came on it. Predict will see more as time goes on.

You live in a bubble of paranoia, hatred, and bigotry, Jake.

As for Canada's "stinking" economy . . .

Canada adds 26,000 jobs in August, beating estimates

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ugust-1.3753302

#296 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,417 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:57 AM

Note:

The majority of Canadians sanely rejected Stephen Harper's anti-Muslim/fear of immigrants dog whistles in the October, 2015 election, though the Conservative base stayed loyal to the party. Leitch, running for party leadership, is largely appealing to that same party base.

Same old, same old. Don't get too excited, Jake.

I'm sure that you will continue to scour the headlines, copying and pasting lurid right wing internet articles here about immigrant "crime" in Canada, stories the mainstream media doesn't mention and which seem to strangely disappear after a day or so never to see the light of day again. So much energy spent on hate and fear mongering.

Note: your economy stinks and your citizens will grow restless and react to crime and vagrancy. Wait and see.

Wasn't looking for this article just came on it. Predict will see more as time goes on.

John Wayne

#297 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:04 AM

Canadians favour screening would-be immigrants for ‘anti-Canadian’ values, poll shows

More importantly for Leitch, the poll shows that the idea is especially popular among Conservative supporters with 87 per cent backing the idea and just 8 per cent opposed compared to 57 per cent support among Liberals and 59 per cent for New Democrat voters.

That’s certain to be the reason that Leitch (Simcoe-Grey) proposed the idea — and has stuck by it in the face of criticism, said Lorne Bozinoff, president of Forum Research.

“If you’re going after the base, this is like red meat for them. They’re going to love this,” he said Friday. “This is hitting the nail right on the head.”

But it has drawn flak, even from among Conservatives, who have sought to distance themselves from Leitch’s stance. Conservative interim leader Rona Ambrose said she doesn’t support the idea. Fellow Ontario MP Michael Chong, also contesting the leadership, said the suggestion that some immigrants are anti-Canadian “does not represent our Conservative party or our Canada.”

In Conservative circles, there are fears it could be damaging to the party brand, stirring memories of the controversial “barbaric cultural practices” snitch line that Leitch unveiled during the last federal election campaign.

And although Leitch’s proposal may play well among Conservative supporters, Bozinoff said, it could undermine the party’s efforts to broaden its support.

“They build these huge walls around themselves like a stockade and barricade themselves in and make it hard for anyone to join them,” he said.

Note:

The majority of Canadians sanely rejected Stephen Harper's anti-Muslim/fear of immigrants dog whistles in the October, 2015 election, though the Conservative base stayed loyal to the party. Leitch, running for party leadership, is largely appealing to that same party base.

Same old, same old. Don't get too excited, Jake.

I'm sure that you will continue to scour the headlines, copying and pasting lurid right wing internet articles here about immigrant "crime" in Canada, stories the mainstream media doesn't mention and which seem to strangely disappear after a day or so never to see the light of day again. So much energy spent on hate and fear mongering.

• Bogie56 likes this

#298 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,417 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:41 AM

Canadians favour screening would-be immigrants for ‘anti-Canadian’ values, poll shows

OTTAWA—Two-thirds of Canadians want prospective immigrants to be screened for “anti-Canadian” values, a new poll reveals, lending support to an idea that is stirring controversy in political circles.

Conservative MP Kellie Leitch, a candidate in her party’s leadership contest, has floated the idea of screening newcomers for their attitudes on intolerance toward other religions, cultures and sexual orientations and reluctance to embrace Canadian freedoms.

A new Forum Research Inc. poll for the Star shows that Leitch may be tapping into an idea that Canadians favour with 67 per cent saying immigrants should indeed be screened for “anti-Canadian values.”

The Star > https://www.thestar....poll-shows.html

BUILD THE WALL. KEEP 'EM OUT. ROUND 'EM UP. BOOT 'EM OUT. BAD ONES, WIPE 'EM OUT.

John Wayne

#299 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:42 PM

How about oilsands soaked duck. They seem to love Canada too until they land.

tp-edm-oil-soaked-bird.jpg

Duck ala noir.  With a little baby seal tar tar on the side.  Yum.

#300 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:31 PM

Not even poutine?

How about oilsands soaked duck. They seem to love Canada too until they land.

tp-edm-oil-soaked-bird.jpg

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users