We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

TRUDEAU'S CANADA

• Please log in to reply
375 replies to this topic

#41 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,710 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:07 PM

How Trump Made Justin Trudeau a Global Superstar

After one year, Canada’s charismatic young prime minister was struggling. Then Trump was elected.

http://www.politico....d-leader-215323

Good article here, rewrite.

(...and exactly the reason I always try to surround myself with people less attractive than I am...it makes me look like Cary Grant by comparison...and I'm not half-bad lookin' to begin with...well, for an old f-art anyway) 

;)

#42 rewrite

rewrite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationBellevue, Wash.

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

How Trump Made Justin Trudeau a Global Superstar

After one year, Canada’s charismatic young prime minister was struggling. Then Trump was elected.

http://www.politico....d-leader-215323

• TomJH, Bogie56 and Dargo like this

#43 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,673 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

Thanks, Jake, for taking the time to send your well wishes to Canada on our nation's 150th birthday today.

Happy Canada Day to everyone, including our American friends.

453678-canadian-flags-line-the-road-arou

newfoundland.jpg

307.jpg

20b-1835.jpg

picture-261.v2.jpg

icefields-parkway-lake-louise-alberta-ca

vancouver-630x420.jpg

• mr6666, Dargo and LawrenceA like this

#44 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,410 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:39 AM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg The Daily CallerAccount verificato @DailyCaller 2 h2 ore fa

Trudeau Surrenders To Native Protest On Parliament Hill http://trib.al/lOMXQdw DDp6v23XcAATliP.jpg

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#45 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,410 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

exx8EGeZ_bigger.jpeg The Daily SignalVerified account @DailySignal 32m32 minutes ago

Canada just passed a law to take children away from parents who reject transgender ideology. http://bit.ly/2tkrHuq DDWQ1eoVoAAJZ_E.jpg

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#46 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,673 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

Here’s how much Canada hates Trump

Majority of us dislike the U.S. president and he’s souring our opinion on the U.S. itself

The rise of Trump has almost certainly caused the precipitous fall. Under Obama last year, 83 per cent of Canadians had confidence in the president to do the right thing in world affairs. Under Trump this year, it is a mere 22 per cent.

Perceptions of the U.S. have worsened dramatically on every continent since Trump’s election. Only in Russia has there been a significant improvement — 26 percentage points.

http://startouch.the...53262df|_0.html

#47 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,182 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:19 PM

In an agreement with the owners the Trump name atop Trump tower in Toronto is going to come down. Trump Towers you will note is a franchise business.

#48 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,182 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:33 AM

BNN's Daily Chase: Canadian execs slam Trump in latest C-Suite survey
Noah Zivitz

LATEST C-SUITE SURVEY RESULTS 

Canada's top corporate decision makers have delivered a scathing assessment of Donald Trump's first months as president of the United States. Sixty-three per cent of respondents to the latest C-Suite survey say Trump's performance in the Oval Office has been poor this year. And those business leaders are fretting the fallout from his America First view of the world.

#49 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,410 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:38 AM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 4h4 hours ago

Leader Of Leftist Party Won’t Celebrate Canadian Sniper’s Record-Setting Kill http://trib.al/iAWoqKz DDKd53uXkAAcfp5.jpg

#50 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

"“as President Trump disrupts alliances across the map, nearly every level of government in Canada has taken on new duties in a quietly audacious campaign to cajole, contain and if necessary coerce the Americans.”

This is central to Canadian PM Justin Trudeau’s strategy for dealing with Trump, which Fisher describes as “courting every other level of government, forming something like a doughnut around a White House-shaped hole. Canadian officials have fanned out across the United States, meeting with mayors, governors, members of Congress and business leaders on matters from trade to the environment.”.....

https://www.nytimes....around-him.html

• Bogie56 likes this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#51 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,410 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

exx8EGeZ_bigger.jpeg

The Daily SignalVerified account @DailySignal 3h3 hours ago

Canadians Could Face Hate Crimes over Using the Wrong Gender Pronouns http://bit.ly/2tpptHg DC8Eu86XgAATZXb.jpg

#52 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,673 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:22 PM

Trump Is The Worst President Ever: 39% Of Canadians In Poll

“It’s common for Canadians to have tepid feelings for Republican presidents. But these numbers go far beyond any norms I can recall," said Abacus chairman Bruce Anderson in a news release. "They reveal profound dismay about the character and personal attributes of Mr. Trump as well as fear that he is causing harm to the world, to the interests of Canadians, and to the very people who elected him,"

http://www.msn.com/e...cid=mailsignout

#53 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,410 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:28 PM

TOI_logo_twitter_bigger.png

The Times of IsraelVerified account @TimesofIsrael 4h4 hours ago

Canada to rely less on US defense in major policy shift http://www.timesofis..._medium=twitter

000_P508D-635x357.jpg

#54 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,673 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:14 AM

Trudeau tells Trump Canada is disappointed by withdrawal from Paris climate deal

"We are deeply disappointed that the United States federal government has decided to withdraw from the Paris agreement," Trudeau said in the statement. "Canada is unwavering in our commitment to fight climate change and support clean economic growth. Canadians know we need to take decisive and collective action to tackle the many harsh realities of our changing climate."

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-deal-1.4142211

• mr6666 likes this

#55 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,410 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

X99d4Fdy_bigger.png

RTEditorDerek @RTEditorDerek 6h6 hours ago

RTEditorDerek Retweeted DRUDGE REPORT

@DRUDGE_REPORT linked to our giant rubber duck story & now #US traffic to http://www.recorder.ca  is bonkers! #Brockville

1297959107422_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

#56 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,410 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg

The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 30m30 minutes ago

Conservative Senator Accepts Dinner Invite From Trudeau, Gets Booted From Party http://trib.al/OukHAg8 pic.twitter.com/cA4E6LtupM

DAciGORW0AITHG5.jpg

#57 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:20 PM

Canada and 10 other nations are moving ahead with TPP without America.

We have been ripped off enough over the last 8 years on trade, good riddance.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

#58 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,182 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:35 PM

Canada and 10 other nations are moving ahead with TPP without America.

#59 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,182 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

Former candidate for the leadership of the Conservative Party, multi-millionaire Kevin O'Leary left the race with $200,000 in debts and many small time workers have been stiffed.

#60 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:36 PM

Climate change to cause more floods in Canada: Trudeau

Montreal (AFP) - Expect more floods, wildfires and other natural disasters than ever before, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau warned Thursday as he toured flood-ravaged Quebec province, citing climate change as the reason.

"The frequency of extreme weather events is increasing," Trudeau told reporters on the ground after the helicopter tour. "And that's related to climate change.

"So we're going to have to understand that bracing for a hundred-year storm is maybe going to happen every ten years now or every few years."

Instead of worrying about all the sewage his country continuously dumps into its rivers and oceans, Trudeau pretends to be a weather forecaster of all things and lies about global warming.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users