We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

changing password

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lavenderblue19

lavenderblue19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,788 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:26 PM

Thank You Lynn, Moderator and Tech Support for all the help. I just logged on with my old password. Thanks again for all the help  :) I still have to log in each time, can that be fixed? Thanks

#2 lavenderblue19

lavenderblue19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,788 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:15 AM

Password did not work. Still have to log on using the 15 character password site sent me and still have to Sign in each time I post or after reading a pm. Sent you pm response explaining. I have to log on using that one the site gave me for a password BEFORE I can read a pm.

#3 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 388 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:30 AM

I've had to Log In 10 times this morning. Each time I post or look at a PM, the site makes me Sign In again to post. PLEASE HELP with this and the site will not let me change the password that was given to me with 15 characters. PLEASE Thanks

I have PM'd you with some details. Let me know if you still have problems. 

#4 lavenderblue19

lavenderblue19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,788 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:28 AM

I've had to Log In 10 times this morning. Each time I post or look at a PM, the site makes me Sign In again to post. PLEASE HELP with this and the site will not let me change the password that was given to me with 15 characters. PLEASE Thanks

#5 lavenderblue19

lavenderblue19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,788 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:52 PM

Thanks for responding so quickly. Problem is that when I go to email and password, it says my email is already Taken!!! and the site keeps making me Sign In each tme I want to post a reply. This happened a long time ago when the site was updated. The tech people fixed it for me and I was signed in all the time once they did that. Please, if possible, have the tech people help me get my password back and keep me logged in. Thanks very much.

#6 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 388 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:30 PM

Hi lavenderblue

Up at the top, where you see you display name and the little arrow that is pointing down .. click there and click My Profile. Once there, you will see a button that says Edit My Profile. Click that, and on the left hand side there will be another button that says, Email and Password. Click that and you will see where to change your password. 

I hope this helps! 

#7 lavenderblue19

lavenderblue19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,788 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

I have a new computer. I signed in but it would not validate, so I was sent an email with a password with many numbers and letters. How do I change that to my old password. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users