We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

My TCM message board forum has a huge avatar as wallpaper!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LatriceRoyale

LatriceRoyale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:15 PM

Yes indeed! I found it odd and annoying!

I could tell you the member's avatar, if it might help, but I will private message you.

If it happens again, I will take a picture of my screen and send it to the moderator.

Thanks for your response.

You cannot have it both ways.  A dancer who relies upon the doubtful comforts of human love can never be a great dancer. Never!

Boris Lermontov

#2 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:20 AM

How very odd! I've not seen anybody else mention this, and I'm not aware of any 'glitch' within the message boards. I will investigate and see if I can find any reason this happened. If by chance it happens again, please let me know. 

#3 LatriceRoyale

LatriceRoyale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:19 PM

Hello Moderator1;

No, not as my computer's wallpaper but the Avatar was taking up my entire screen (the green part of the TCM message board).

This avatar was from one of the members on TCM forum and I noticed they changed back to this same avatar today and coincidentally, that avatar is now gone from the screen and the green background is restored.

There was nothing that I could do about removing this avatar from my TCM page, I have no control over your TCM wallpaper/green format. I was not talking about my own computer wallpaper.

Any idea why this happened?

It was obvious that a glitch had occurred.

Thank you for your response.

You cannot have it both ways.  A dancer who relies upon the doubtful comforts of human love can never be a great dancer. Never!

Boris Lermontov

#4 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

Hello

Are you saying that you now have a cartoon avatar as the wallpaper on your computer? This would have nothing to do with the message boards. Could  you have accidentally clicked on it, and choose the option to set it as your wallpaper? 

#5 LatriceRoyale

LatriceRoyale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:10 PM

I have a cartoon avatar as a wallpaper. I remember this particular avatar from one of the members (posts numerous times daily) who coincidentally changed that avatar to another cartoon one, today (Oct. 17) on their profile.

Can the moderator/administrator please confirm whether this was purposefully done or is it another glitch?

Boris Lermontov

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users