We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

TCM Imports - Nov. 2015

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 macocael

macocael

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:21 AM

A great line up for November.  Kicking off with I Vitelloni, a superb film. I think it's a great idea to devote the month to Fellini's work, and this gives a nice overview of the 50s and 60s.

I still wish that TCM would rethink its scheduling so that the Foreign Imports segment wouldn't have to share Sunday night with the Silents -- they each deserve a night of their own.  And if they could start a little earlier so that those of us in the EST time zone could watch say, around 11, or even 12, instead of two in the morning, they probably  could build a bigger audience for these films.  Many TCM fans have a predilection for old Hollywood, which is fine, but TCM is also an archive that provides us with a valuable history of film globally, and I believe that there are enough of us subscribers to TCM to warrant giving the Foreign Imports segment a boost.  Personally, I would like to see it get the same kind of treatment as the Essentials, and have various film historians, critics, or film people come on as guests and discuss the films with Ben Mankiewicz.  If people are given some context, they can learn to appreciate these different types of moviemaking.

• mr6666 likes this

#2 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,376 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 05:20 PM

(no premieres)

:(

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

0 user(s) are reading this topic