I try not to be too negative but Saturday night's primetime presentation was sad:
- Another week without an Essentials discussion. I can't remember when the last one was.
- Ron Perlman did the intros as if he wasn't sure he wanted to be there.
- Accordingly he was dressed as if he just walked in off the street and someone gave him a sport coat to throw over whatever he happened to have on.
- It seems clear that Mr. Perlman is just reading someone else's script and adds nothing of his own.
- The first movie was Murphy's Romance. It would have been great to hear Sally Field discuss this with Robert and provide first-hand comments. Will we ever see either of them again?
The entire evening just made me long for the past.
My guess is that MURPHY'S ROMANCE was selected with the intention of having Sally discuss it with Robert. But of course, those plans changed.