We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

TCM Cruise 2016

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Tabookazoo

Tabookazoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:49 PM

Need one cabin mate for a 2 person cabin- I am male -60 years old  BIG film nut -all kinds !!   4 time TCM cruiser - Flexible/easy to get along with -email me at  :  [...]  For TCM LAST cruise -Nov. 2016 !!!!

Edited by TCMModerator1, 22 September 2016 - 05:17 PM.
Edited to remove Personal Information

#2 ilovemytcm57

ilovemytcm57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:00 PM

We are looking for one more female to join us....a 59 and 74 year old who are easy to get along with. Contact me if you would like to get in on the very last TCM cruise! debi

#3 castlecrazy

castlecrazy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:15 PM

Booked it. Now, the next wait, departure.
  • movieman1989 and 68nittany like this

#4 EvyG

EvyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:09 PM

#5 cruisehopeful

cruisehopeful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:51 PM

Sadly, I am not going to be on the cruise. When my booking window opened, the cheapest double room was over $7K with insurance. I was prepared for $4500. I am looking forward to reading any trip reports later on. 

#6 68nittany

68nittany

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:12 AM

Check bottom of TCM Cruise page for prices. Better hurry up--cruise is filling up fast--some categories filled up already!

#7 EvyG

EvyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:27 PM

Is there any pricing information published?

For those who have done this cruise in the past, is it pay in full at time of booking or can you make payments?

You can pay in three installments.  I think last payment is due in August.

#8 EvyG

EvyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:26 PM

Now that I have a date, when do they start taking bookings? Went this year and loved it, can't hardly for 2016 cruise.

#9 EvyG

EvyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:12 PM

I can tell you that it will be $3600 for a single.  There are no double beds on the Fantasy so it makes it difficult for sharing unless someone takes the couch. I checked because thought I would have my own room but too pricey for me.  I would have LOVED to go but need my own bed so (sadly) might have to skip this cruise.

#10 EvyG

EvyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:11 PM

I can tell you that it will be $3600 for a single.  There are no double beds on the Fantasy so it makes it difficult for sharing unless someone takes the couch. I checked because thought I would have my own room but too pricey for me.  I would have LOVED to go but need my own bed so (sadly) will have to skip this cruise.

I was supposed to sign on yesterday at 4:15 pm but hadn't made up my mind...once this goes out to the public, it will fill up completely.

#11 EvyG

EvyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:09 PM

For those who have done this cruise in the past, is it pay in full at time of booking or can you make payments?

Lowest price available for two in a room, 3 and 4 are:

$1,910 $1,356 $1,080 N/A

#12 EvyG

EvyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:08 PM

Why is there still availability for 10A and 9C, 9D for triple but not for double? Capacity controls usually work the opposite as each area fills.

EvyG - What would the per person price be if you shared with ONE other person, and which category?

UPDATE: Now it changed and shows 9C,9D availability for double. Hmmm.

$1,910 $1,356 $1,080

N/A

Those are prices for standard inside room with two, three or four....add $360 for taxes, port charges and gratuities.

#13 SMeyr

SMeyr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:13 PM

Why is there still availability for 10A and 9C, 9D for triple but not for double? Capacity controls usually work the opposite as each area fills.

EvyG - What would the per person price be if you shared with ONE other person, and which category?

UPDATE: Now it changed and shows 9C,9D availability for double. Hmmm.

#14 EvyG

EvyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:21 PM

I can tell you that it will be $3600 for a single.  There are no double beds on the Fantasy so it makes it difficult for sharing unless someone takes the couch. I checked because thought I would have my own room but too pricey for me.  I would have LOVED to go but need my own bed so (sadly) will have to skip this cruise.

#15 HelenBaby2

HelenBaby2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:59 PM

There's no pricing info yet but I would imagine it will be at least 15% more because of the added days and port of call. I think I was able to book this year about 6 months from the sail date. You can pay in installments but if you pay in full when you book there's a discount. I can't remember how much my total was for an inside cabin for two but I got $199.00 discount. It's a percentage of the total. If you pay in installments there's no discount and I think it's three payments with the total being due about 30-45 days before sailing. Don't quote me on that though.

ETA: I just remembered I got the discount for paying in full when I paid. I don't remember the amount. The $199 was because I paid double but I was alone and therefore didn't have to pay some fee for the 2 nd fare, like port taxes or something like that.
  • cruisehopeful likes this

#16 castlecrazy

castlecrazy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:10 PM

Now that I have a date, when do they start taking bookings? Went this year and loved it, can't hardly for 2016 cruise.

#17 cruisehopeful

cruisehopeful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:48 AM

#18 HelenBaby2

HelenBaby2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:40 PM

Yes. Nov 12-19. It's a week long on the Disney Fantasy with stops in San Juan, St. Maarten and of course Castaway Cay.

#19 castlecrazy

castlecrazy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:59 PM

Have 2016 dates been announced yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users