We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Shorts not mentioned on TCM schedule

All Shorts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 musicalnovelty

musicalnovelty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,207 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:58 PM

Short shown, but not listed on the schedule:

Saturday morning, Sept. 24 at about 11:50 A.M. (eastern time): "On the Shores of Nova Scotia" (1947) - MGM ("TravelTalks" series).

Also, on Sept. 26: "Mr. Blabbermouth" (1942, MGM) at 1:50 A.M. (early Sept. 27 actually).

Also, on Sept. 29: "Basketball Headliners" (1956, RKO-Pathe). 

#2 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

I agree. I used to spend lots of time going through the on screen guide for TCM so I would not miss a short, be it a "Travel Talk with James Fitzpatrick" or a "Pete Smith Special" or Dave Brian, Robert Benchley/anyone else short. What is happening? Has anyone heard of a response from TCM about why the shorts are not listed on the on-screen guide? We have Comcast cable in my town. 

We have Charter and they haven't shown the shorts in months.  I think TCM is not providing them with the information.

Does TCM have a place on tcm.com that lists upcoming shorts for the next week or so? Only place I have found them listed is on the current day's schedule.

#3 tjm199

tjm199

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:17 PM

I agree. I used to spend lots of time going through the on screen guide for TCM so I would not miss a short, be it a "Travel Talk with James Fitzpatrick" or a "Pete Smith Special" or Dave Brian, Robert Benchley/anyone else short. What is happening? Has anyone heard of a response from TCM about why the shorts are not listed on the on-screen guide? We have Comcast cable in my town. 

• TheCid likes this

#4 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:27 AM

This happens every so often. The schedulers, whom I affectionately call the TCM Elves, get behind or distracted. Don't know what they are up to these days.

I post info on the shorties on the companion forum to this, but I don't have anything to post when every shortie is an unscheduled "surprise". At this time of year, we should be getting A VISIT WITH SANTA, STAR IN THE NIGHT and the Hardy Family (Mickey Rooney included) wishing the Loews' theaters a merry holiday.

We will also be getting Disney cartoons in another week or so... and I included those in an upcoming post.

http://fan.tcm.com/b...ember-10th-2015

#5 HomesoulM

HomesoulM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:26 AM

Why the shorts are not mentioned on the TCM Schedule? It used to mention them in between the films shown. Hope for reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users