We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

TV's funniest cartoon stars?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:06 PM

To slight such great comic characters as Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck to give Seth MacFarlane's Stewie first place as the "funniest" cartoon star certainly didn't make ME laugh. Stewie is such a sociopathic, scatalogical, teasing chatterbox that I can't stand having the TV on when he is on the screen.  Of course all the millenials love "Family Guy", it's just not for us old duffers. It takes a strong stomach to watch 21st century comedy, after I watch any of it I need a bicarb.

uuuuuuhhh, this was a FOX (home network of 'Family Guy') presentation

& NOT popular or critical choices

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#2 speedracer5

speedracer5

Errol Flynn's girlfriend in a parallel universe,back in time

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,628 posts
  • LocationForest Grove, Oregon

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:06 AM

I didn't see this post until now so I didn't even watch the special.  

While I like "Family Guy," and think Stewie has his moments, my favorite character is Brian.  As someone who was born at the beginning of the millennial generation, I somewhat resent the implication that anything that caters to that generation is instantly not worth watching.  It's just a different type of comedy.  Though I do agree that some of the cartoons these days aren't good, but that's only because it isn't my type of humor.  

I really cannot stand Betty Boop.  I think she's irritating.  I would watch an entire day of "Family Guy" over watching one Betty Boop cartoon.  

My favorite cartoon characters:

1. Bugs Bunny

2. Daffy Duck

3. Donald Duck

4. Milhouse Van Houten (The Simpsons)

5. Hank Hill (King of the Hill)

6. Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory)

7. Squidward Tentacles (Spongebob SquarePants)

8. Space Ghost

9. Brian (Family Guy)

10. Roger (American Dad)

There are many more.  I love cartoons. 

"It's not an old movie if you haven't seen it." -Lauren Bacall

"A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants." -Ted Baxter on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show"

Proud member of:

dxmdyx.png

My classic movie and television blog:

Whimsically Classic

https://whimsicallyc....wordpress.com/

#3 Mark Kausler

Mark Kausler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:07 AM

To slight such great comic characters as Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck to give Seth MacFarlane's Stewie first place as the "funniest" cartoon star certainly didn't make ME laugh. Stewie is such a sociopathic, scatalogical, teasing chatterbox that I can't stand having the TV on when he is on the screen.  Of course all the millenials love "Family Guy", it's just not for us old duffers. It takes a strong stomach to watch 21st century comedy, after I watch any of it I need a bicarb.

#4 mrroberts

mrroberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,614 posts
  • Locationpennsylvania

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:53 AM

I saw some of this  "Fox" presentation which not suprisingly gave a lot of weight to its own recent  shows characters. Really, for longevity and the amount of entertainment value how can Bugs Bunny not be the slam dunk number one choice?

#5 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:12 PM

http://www.paleycent...-media-special/

TV’s Funniest Animated Stars: A Paley Center For Media Special

"TV'S FUNNIEST ANIMATED STARS: A PALEY CENTER FOR MEDIA SPECIAL is set to air Monday, Dec. 7 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The two-hour special will honor the 40 most iconic, beloved and groundbreaking animated stars who have influenced generations of fans, created new dictionary entries (D'oh!), broken down barriers with irreverent social commentary and, most importantly, made us laugh."

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users