We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Holiday Movies

Disappointed Slim-pickings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 1924sherlockjr

1924sherlockjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:20 AM

I am disappointed that they show the same movies over and over.  One Christmas they showed "The Cheaters" with Joseph Schildkraut and I have never seen it listed again.  There are also many movies, including Noir that take place during Christmas.  It would be nice for someone to research movies other than the standard ones that take place during Christmas and do a day or more of just those movies not usually thought of as Christmas.  And repeat these, especially The Cheaters more than once through the month.

#2 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:06 PM

I am truly disappointed in the Holiday Movie offerings this year on TCM.  With all the wonderful, classic movies available, I'd hoped there would be a wider selection to watch.  We have been getting hammered with Christmas commercials and programming since October, which I pretty much ignored until December 1st.  Now, when I'd like to sit down with a cup of cocoa and watch The Bishops Wife, or Holiday Inn, or any other classic, it seems TMC has decided to get out of the Christmas programming altogether this last week before Christmas. Oh, SURE, Christmas Eve and Day has plenty of holiday movies to watch,  but who watches television on those two days.  You've disappointed me AGAIN this Christmas season TMC.  At a time when we could use the holiday classics to warm our souls, we're getting sappy movies from Hallmark and Lifetime.  Please get it together for next year, won't you?

Well I'm glad TCM has reduced the Christmas movies this season.    They get shown enough.

#3 banido

banido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

I am truly disappointed in the Holiday Movie offerings this year on TCM.  With all the wonderful, classic movies available, I'd hoped there would be a wider selection to watch.  We have been getting hammered with Christmas commercials and programming since October, which I pretty much ignored until December 1st.  Now, when I'd like to sit down with a cup of cocoa and watch The Bishops Wife, or Holiday Inn, or any other classic, it seems TMC has decided to get out of the Christmas programming altogether this last week before Christmas. Oh, SURE, Christmas Eve and Day has plenty of holiday movies to watch,  but who watches television on those two days.  You've disappointed me AGAIN this Christmas season TMC.  At a time when we could use the holiday classics to warm our souls, we're getting sappy movies from Hallmark and Lifetime.  Please get it together for next year, won't you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users