We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Favourite Swashbuckler?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 carlzim

carlzim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:05 PM

Mine is The Wife of Monte Cristo (1945) starring Eva Gabor. It addresses conspiracy theory & biowarfare in 19th century, which are relevant today. TCM should show this movie.

#42 pktrekgirl

pktrekgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:11 PM

For me, it's a close race between "Captain Blood" and "The Sea Hawk"...but I think I'd give "The Sea Hawk" a slight edge, chiefly because of the opening battle scene, which was brilliant.

But on the other hand, Olivia deHavilland was really good in "Captain Blood".....

Bleh! They are both fantastic! :D

#43 Blaisekey

Blaisekey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:52 PM

I was wondering what everyone's favorite swashbuckler film was when they were young. Mine was "The Adventures of Robin Hood", starring Erroyl Flynn and Olivia de Haviland. I watched it over and over again. I loved it so much because of all the swordfights and lovely costumes. Ever since I was young it was my favorite movie, and I still enjoy it today. Tell me what was yours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users