We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Old Live Action version of Sleeping Beauty

german finnish

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ammcc10

ammcc10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:19 PM

Maybe it's this one?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121641/

I've been looking for a similar one (if not the same one) also. My mother grew up in Finland, and she always said that Finnish filmakers had made some very good movies when she was young. I've always wanted to see one. She mentioned Sleeping Beauty, and a Beauty and the Beast, but she wasn't sure if Beauty and the Beast was actually Finnish or not. 

I can't find it anywhere either really. It seems that people will play the movie periodically on Youtube as a live stream. Since that's the case, you can only watch it when someone is streaming it  :(

#2 Briarae

Briarae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:05 PM

Hello! 

I grew up watching an old live action version (like 1940's or so) of Sleeping Beauty at my grandparents house and haven't seen it since I was... 10 and I would love to see it again.  It was on VHS tape and it must have worn out.  When I looked online I found a notice of versions done in German and Finnish but no pictures or more information. Does anyone know of these versions and where I could find out more?  

(I'm not even sure if either of them would be the correct one.)

In case some people have a flicker of recognition: What I do remember about the film  is it was sepia tone, the mouths and the words did not match up- which I thought was because it was such an old movie- but it must have been because it was dubbed in English.  There was a small kid dressed up to play a frog, the good fairies walked out from a pretty lily pond, and for the princess's birthday she let the cook's helpers choose the flavor so it was going to have 16 layers with raisins, choc-o-lahc-olate (they pronounce it that way), and strawberries. 

Thank you

-B

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users